Thread: Going Out - no pics

Going Out - no pics

I don't get here often, but I did want to post a little note about our recent trip. Background - happily married to a woman. She knows and has bought me clothes. I don't try to pass, but apparently I give off a very female vibe as we get "ladies" almost no matter what I'm wearing. I'm small and have long hair, so that may have a lot to do with it. I mention that as I don't do the forms thing, nor padding, it's just me in leggings (my go-to casual wear) or often if its just a she and I trip, skirts and stockings as well. But I don't try and pass. I'm also just over 60, so no spring chicken.

So, we just returned from a lovely trip to Las Vegas. I mostly wore my slightly above the knee black skirt, light with great drape and flow, and usually a plain cami as a top and a light, open cardigan over that. Comfy shoes and low top socks.

We went out to two shows, our true "date nights". One night I wore said skirt, a lovely, more dressy top, underneath garters and stockings. The next night, my blue knit mini and black Thi Highs pulled high so as not to show (too easily) under the mini.

I rarely got a second look, and when I did we were more amused. Especially the older gentleman at a cafe. I was going to invite him to take. picture as he was staring so hard. ;-)

As I'm not trying to pass, I do use the mens rooms. Truly the only uncomfortable time I had, and mostly because I know how unruly 'Bros' can be in packs, but nothing was an issue. A couple of restroom attendants did let me know I was in the wrong restroom. ;-) One security guard was adamant to my wife that I was in the wrong room. She explained it, and he was extremely apologetic.

Why do I tell you this? To give encouragement to those that have never ventured out in leggings or skirts or any type of female clothing. Most people simply don't care. Yes, we were in Vegas, but we've been other places as well. Yes, we do tend to vacation in fairly LGBT friendly places so if you're up for trying something out, travel to a safer city and get your dress on!

I felt cute, happy, and one night my wife even said pretty.

It's OK to go out. Wearing what you want to wear is the whole idea, right?

Oh, and no pics, that's her request that we share no pics, sorry.

Much Love - ThiHi

Good for you, ThiHi.
    I will say though, you say you're not trying to pass yet you got hassle for using the mens room. Maybe use the Ladies next time.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Eliot

How glorious it is, and also how painful, to be an exception - Alfred De Musset

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage - Seneca

We suffer more often in imagination than in reality - Seneca

I love what your doing and then you said your over 60 and I had to read the whole thing. I can say If I were out then I wouldn't care what people say but I made a promise to my wife that I might only underdressed when we go out so no one will know. I gave her that promise so I won't break it. We also live in a place where I know I'd be run out of the county. Lol

Sounds like a good experience, works if you do it properly.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am pleased for you. I have always shied away from going out dressed but today, I went for it up to a point. I wore a pair of my late wifes denim shorts and one of her teeshirts over my panties and sports bra. I drove to town and went to a store to pick up some stuff and then drove home. It was an adventure and, as you said, nobody really pays attention to you.

Silver Member
    Hi, Thihi. I like that name!
    Curious .. why don't you wear a bra and forms? You are otherwise presenting as a woman. You gotta share!
    I was in LV a month ago, was totally femme 24/7 for a week, and loved every moment.

I shopped for a new car yesterday....fully femme as always...sales lady luved me...go out...have fun...repeat often to maintain sanity

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Hi, Thihi. I like that name!
    Curious .. why don't you wear a bra and forms? You are otherwise presenting as a woman. You gotta share!
    I was in LV a month ago, was totally femme 24/7 for a week, and loved every moment.
    Thank you all for the lovely comments.

Why no bra and no forms? ‘Cause I don’t want to. ;-) Seriously, it’s as simple as that. We’re both pretty simple people. Neither of us wear makeup. I have the bigger lingerie stash, but we’re pretty simple people.

As far as rest rooms, I have spoken to my wife and she prefers I use the men’s room. She’s afraid of making other women uncomfortable. I’m interested in her happiness, so that’s what I do.

Again, thank you all for your lovely comments. It’s much appreciated.