Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Becoming more comfortable.

So did we, Kym!

What did you think we meant?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Silver Member
    Holly gets it best of all. Lurking and ducking into the shadows attracts suspicion. Owning it and walking tall doesn't put the muggles into high alert. Even if you don't really feel confident, fake it until you make it and you'll accumulate enough positive experiences to make you truly confident.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarLinda View Post
    Getting out as woman is one of my wishes.i think your looks is nobody s business.if I encountered an incident like this Probably I couldnt care .i could walk to my way with a little smile . Although
    my choice would probably be remote places
    Linda,

So many, me inc, have started with dark deserted places. It's only after you've ventured out in daylight and walked amongst the muggles that you realise that being alone on a dark street or park, anywhere, isn't the safest thing to do.

Ask yourself this, where is a GG more likely to be attacked? In the middle of a busy shopping centre in broad daylight or on a dark road late at night.

Yes it takes confidence, yes it's scary but I can tell you from experience I feel way safer out shopping than walking along a road at night.

What you'll find is many, me included, will recommend finding a social group near you and going there. Meeting others will give you a huge confidence boost.

Yes, shopping in my area is safe because the towns depend on tax revenue to fund the police departments. And the landlords for the stores pay a lot of taxes. The nearest mall encourages people to take their morning walks in the mall before the stores open.

Thanks for that article. I think that police may not always be sympathetic towards the gender-nonconforming person as well.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

(I mean the article in post 17, from Michaela Jane).

Right!
    Both are different .im afraid dark scary quit places too .
    Its not abiut which modes we are .everyones afraid from there ..
    Sorry for my quick reply .

My first time out was in a car also. However, just wouldn't you know had to go to the bathroom. Oh, well took a chance went into a semi crowded bar and went to the ladies room. Did what I had to do and left with no problems. Loved every minute of it.

Contrary to your fight or flight reflex a busy venue will hide you better than an empty one. Think about it, if there are 20 people walking toward you who do you focus on? If there is one person? Dark roads and places are unsafe and you stand out 100 times more. The best you can do is own it. You have as much right to be there as anyone else.

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaela Jane View Post
    I would be mindful that, although we are not hurting anyone, there are plenty of angry people out there who could, and might well, hurt us.
    https://www.wral.com/two-women-charg...-bar/18110722/
    Obviously fake news.

Don't you know that only *men* can be physical & sexual predators?!?

Sorry, doesn't fit the narrative.

We'll just sweep this one under the rug -- you know, where all the other ones are.

Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    Patience, You have me in stitches
    Thank you, but I'm not sure why. I wasn't making a cutting remark.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!