Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inherited?

I can't speak to the heritability of crossdressing. But I have this...
    Around age 10 maybe, my mother, sister and I returned early from a cinema visit to see a woman coming down the stairs
    Stay put, us kids were ordered as my mother legged it up the stairs after my hastily retreating father.
    Nothing was ever said.
    Then as a teen I found, under a loose floorboard a bag of lingerie that had been, ahem, 'enjoyed'.
    Suffice to say I wasn't bringing that one up.

So imagine my surprise to find myself here at age 47?
    I cut all ties with my family 12 years ago but you better believe in the 18 months since I started dressing I've chuckled at the thought of asking my father out for a pint, dressed, and saying 'well...?!'
    Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Kenita, I'm presuming you are Japanese. Your English is excellent! Are you now living in Tokyo? If yes, is being trans there and open life style and accepted?
    I am from Northern California. Wife is Japanese. Work US/Japan. Primary home is now Hawaii. But can be found around US and Asia any month.

I would say, Tokyo is big enough that you have almost everything. A few notable studios for transformations. Once saw an old man dressed as a school girl. My first night out was when my wife and Kenita went for a walk on Halloween. Generally there are a lot fewer cultural/religious inhibitions compared to US, even though social interactions are highly structured. But I am escentially closeted and not out to the public due to professional conservatism.

I would have said no to the inheritance theory, but after reading some of the replies here...... I have doubts. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Is the human species genetically predisposed to wearing clothes at all? We are born naked, and immediately wrapped in a blanket, but our clothing choices seem to be more of a societal practice that a genetic leaning. There may be a genetic predisposition toward gender expression, which can manifest itself in the desire, or even need, to wear certain clothing, but I wonder if it's the need to wear the clothes, or the gender "alignment" that is the genetic issue.
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Clothing itself couldn't be genetically determined but our gender signalling, our semiotics could be.
    A bit like the theory that female human breasts are up front and proud to resemble buttocks to invite sexual attention from males. All because we started walking on 2 legs.
    I dunno though. I've shared my anecdotes about my father (2nd 'mother' lol). But unlike many, if not most, I felt no or little propensity for women's clothing growing up.
    IF it were genetic I'd feel like that put us CDs more comfortably in the Trans category than some currently like. You know, those who wonder if we belong in LGBT at all.
    And Kenita, it was most remiss of me in my earlier post but please accept my condolences for you after your loss. My wife (Wifeling GG) lost her mother in late Feb. So you'll be close in our thoughts, if not prayer, heathens that we are.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-10-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    What genes are specific to females alone other than what's found on the X chromosome? Supposedly the entire human genome has been mapped out.
    I "Googled" the numbers of genes; 19,000-20,000. That probably does not include aberrations in specific genes. I hesitate to call an aberration a defect such as a defective genes which can cause illness. Otherwise someone would clamor for research to find a cure. Labor Day telethon anyone? Maybe then the non accepting population would have to accept everyone based upon ADA guidelines?

My wife's female cousin has a genetic daughter who has always identified as a boy/man since birth. She is finally transitioning to a male. Genetic mutations in the gene pool? Mutations caused in the womb? It could just be as simple as all these are natural and intended by a creator/nature.