Thread: Pinkfest Chicago - September 24-29, 2019

Pinkfest Chicago - September 24-29, 2019

Pinkfest Chicago (September 24-29, 2019) is like a conference, but itís not a conference - no workshops, no hotel food, no waiting around for shuttle buses and no registration fees. Itís more like a vacation adventure with great friends in a vibrant city like no other.

- Unparalleled Art & Architecture
    - Amazing Restaurants
    - World Class Theater & Comedy Troupes
    - Legendary Live Music
    - Mag Mile Shopping
    - Drag and Burlesque Shows Nightly
    - Rooftop Bars in the Loop and Dance Clubs in Boystown and Andersonville

All in one of the LGBT friendliest cities in America - you might even run into our new mayor. Everyone is welcome; full-time, part-time, non-binary, friends, family, significant others and allies.

The activity schedule for 2019 is currently under development (to be posted in June), but itís never too early to start making those travel plans.

Pinkfest Flyer. Please click, cuz I spent a couple hours making it. ❤️
    http://www.obsydian.com/pinkfest2019...7580ED399.jpeg
    Last edited by Julie Slowinski; 05-12-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks for the info.
    I hope to go.
    Any idea of a good place to stay?

Ditto question for me; any preferred hotels or locations to stay at?

Zoey

Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I hope to go.
    Any idea of a good place to stay?
    Prene and Zoey,
    We’re currently looking into a ‘Recommended Hotel’. Usually, we just let everyone figure out their own accommodations, but this year we’re trying to get a critical mass in one location - more fun and to help bolster the confidence of the first-timers, safety in numbers. Watch this space for updates, but we’re thinking about a place that is Boystown adjacent and fairly low cost, well low cost for Chicago in September.
    Last edited by Julie Slowinski; 05-11-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    Oh! you Pretty Things ... Don't you know you're driving your Mamas and Papas insane ... Let me make it plain ... You gotta make way for the Homo Superior - David Bowie, 1971

Pinkfest Chicago Sept 24-29, 2019 https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?264693-Pinkfest-Chicago-September-24-29-2019&p=4360644&highlight=#post4360644

Thinking of going... Chicago is very close to where I live, but to be honest, I don't know if I have the courage. I'm just now stepping out and embracing my identity and the idea of going to a big city and meeting a bunch of people both excites me and freaks me out at the same time.

Hi Brianna, I fondly remember my first time - absolute terror followed by the exhilaration and euphoria of finally being out in the world after decades behind my 4 walls. Over the years, Pinkfest has served as a launching pad for many people. For many it was their first time out. For me, it was my first time daywalking. Itís definitely easier with friends.

To this tradition, we are planning to introduce a big sibling program - basically pair a first timer with a Pinkfest veteran, someone to stand with you and give that bit of extra confidence to make that first step out the door. Again, watch this space for upcoming details about the big sibling program.
    Oh! you Pretty Things ... Don't you know you're driving your Mamas and Papas insane ... Let me make it plain ... You gotta make way for the Homo Superior - David Bowie, 1971

Pinkfest Chicago Sept 24-29, 2019 https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?264693-Pinkfest-Chicago-September-24-29-2019&p=4360644&highlight=#post4360644

That sounds great and is very reassuring. I'd love to go and make some friends and meet some of the people I have corresponded with on this site.

I may try to make it for a couple of the days.

Shannon

I know it's still several months out but any word on what the events might be? I'm getting excited about the prospect of coming to this.

Super- sounds like you are an organizer for a virtual event- I've put on conferences so I think the light framework sounds fun and intriguing- and if my wife and I are not traveling I'd like to go. Chicago is a vibrant and interesting city!
    We are all beautiful...!

Hi Phili, Iíve not heard that label virtual conference before, but I think it fits - no hotel or ridge schedule, just a list of activities for people to attend. If you find something more interesting to do, and thereís lots of interesting things to find in Chicago, then of course strike out on your own or invite others in the group. The point is to be out in the world doing things you enjoy. Would be great if your schedule allows you to join us. 🧚*♀️

Hey Brianna, Weíre still trying to figure out the schedule, but the activities could be divided into groups - mainstream and safe space venues. Well all the activities are safe, but the safe space activities are things like drag shows, bars and restaurants in Boystown or LGBT owned establishments. These safe space activities are typically in the evening, but we also have mainstream activities in the evenings. Things like live music, comedy shows or live theater. During the daytime, itís mostly mainstream. Definitely, art museums (for example an Andy Warhol exhibit will be showing at the Art Institute during that week), maybe a water taxi ride to see the architecture, shopping on Michigan Avenue. This kind of daywalking is not for everyone, took me a while to find that level confidence, but for those who not done it before, daywalking with a group can make it a lot easier.

I guess Iím not giving you the specifics youíre looking for. To get a better idea of specifics, hereís the link to the 2018 schedule: http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/mydlv/ma...02b8a49eb5e103
    I think last year there was not enough safe space venues, so weíre trying to add more of that for 2019.

If either of you have additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Since I live pretty close to Las Vegas I've been attending DLV annually since 2001 and have always wanted to do PinkFest. I'll keep it in mind this year and may be able to combine it with other travels I'm considering in the Mid-West. The addition of Casa Valentina would definitely add to the draw for me, so it's penciled in on the calendar for now.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001872677630