Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss and Feeling Great

Weight Loss and Feeling Great

Hey all.
    Been dressing again today and had some time doing computer work while dress!

Just noticed something when getting dress,

I have been weight training a lot recently and noticed I'm losing weight which is a good thing I think!

When putting on my red formal gown I noticed how much better it fit and was able to do the zip up no problem (use to be a bit hard) it felt so good.

Anyone else feel like this when you realise you have lost some weight?

xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

I recognise weight loss when I walk faster, easier.

I recognise weight gain mainly when taking a shower and the insides of the thighs feel pressed together more. It happens gradually that I don't realise it, but it eventually dawns upon me to take counter measures.

- Lydianne.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I don't wait for my clothes to tell me how I'm doing. I step on the scale every morning!

What do u mean by, "weight training", Simone? Is that a diet or an excersize routine?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My coming out to my parents and their acceptance has sent me soaring for the better part of the past month with the exception of the loss of my relationship which didn't destroy me like I thought it would. But I have lost A TON of weight and am finally consistently motivated and happy. I believe in my future and I love life. I couldn't say that before this. I feel like I'm entering the best era of my life. Just weighed myself (after a big lunch) and I am down almost 30 pounds (that I know of). I've probably lost as much as 40 or 50. I did not weigh myself at my absolute fattest but I'm sure it was much heavier than the last reading I had before I started my journey. I'm so happy and I owe it all to my accepting family who finally threw me the lifeline I needed.
    Last edited by Becoming Brianna; 05-11-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Doc, weight training is lifting weights.

Banned Read only
    Just had the feeling yesterday when I pulled out a pair of shorts that were too snug last summer and they fit!

Congrats, Simone! Doing well with mine too, slow, but my waist has reduced! A little diet (rather, just eating better and portion control) and a little exercise, really makes a difference!

Weight Watchers eat yer heart out. Erm or perhaps not eat exactly...
    Congrats all! (especially Brianna, go girl!)
    Me? No, still lazy. But killing the booze has taken a stone off in the last 3-4 months. 3 more and I'll be happy. Well apart from all the clothes I've shrunk out of. I almost cried when a Joe Browns skirt that Wifeling GG bought me fell off.
    Still, some retail therapy should perk me right up. Already got some white daisy dukes that'll look fab with my hairy legs. D'oh! 🤦*♀️ There's always something isn't there?!
    Simone congrats! And that dress? 😍

Simone, I am down more than a few pounds and I can no longer keep my pants up.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Hi Simon , It is a great feeling when something fits.

After about 20yars I got some of my old jeans that are a size smaller and they fit great. >Orchid ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It does feel great. I've lost close to 40# over the past few years, down from a size 18 dress to a 14 and a size 9/10 in my jeans. I can actually find bras that are cute and fit. Clothes fit better. I feel better. (don't look any better in a dress, but I've known for a while my MIAD syndrome is terminal... LOL)

Your outfit is to die for, by the way. Love the heels, nice legs, too.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Congrats on your weight loss

Yes, congratulations. I'm noticing a sort of mental shift as well, when dressed I don't want to eat as much because I'm thinking about outfits I could get into if a lost a few pounds. I think it's part of the clearing of the mental weather that comes with self acceptance.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Very pretty outfit.

Nothing like the change of seasons and pulling out last years summer clothes to let you know to slim down a bit. I think you look wonderful Simone! Congrats!
    Crissy

I have lost 25 to 30 pounds since January (depends on the day). That was part of my treatment after being diagnosed with diabetes. It is great, but it can be expensive in some ways. Two inches off the waist requires new pants. Less weight feels great, but it is continuing to drop so my new jeans may need to be replaced again. Most of my women's clothes still fit reasonably well, but some are definitely too big now. They say when you lose weight you have more energy. That is usually true, but if you are older it doesn't necessarily apply. Having a lot of energy is hard to do for most in their 70's, no matter how much you weigh. By the way, diabetes treatment is working well. My A1C dropped from 10.8 in January to 5.9 last month. My doctor was impressed. Diet, diet, diet. (plus metformin).

Gretchen that's great news on the weight but even more so on you A1C levels. I'll bet your doc was impressed!

Heh, 'impressed' wasn't the word when I disclosed to my GP just how much I had been drinking prior to quitting.
    The UK government recommends a Maximum of 14 units a week for adult males. I was drinking 8 times that. So, more than a week's maximum drinking every night. For most of a decade. (To translate to American, 64 standard drinks per week.) My normally very professional and composed doc lost her mind over it.
    Oopsy.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am happy for all of you because you are doing so well.

I went from a high of 185 to a low of 155. No sweets or alcohol and everything else in real moderation. Some reasonable exercise 5 days a week. Took about a year. It was a slow process.

I was targeting 150, but as it turns out even 155 is too low for me...I looked sick and everyone kept asking, so I started eating some pasta and some occasional donuts (a couple of times a week), so it's back up to about 160, which seems about right for 5'8".

Losing weight and putting on that too tight dress that is no longer too tight is an awesome feeling. I was 270 lbs at one point.. now at 170 and that size 12 dress feels wonderful.. one day I hope for a 10 but need a few more, 10-15 lbs more, but maybe.. someday. For me, the thinner I am, the better dresses fit, the more feminine I appear. You go girl and enjoy it!

Like others here when I lose weight a new wardrobe opens up for me.

I have a few lovely size ten dresses and outfits that I can nearly squeeze into. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Yep. Like I said on FB last year. Happy sad is that feeling you get when you realize your corset is tightend all the way, but not really helping any more.

Crossdressing can be a good motivation for fitness, but don't fall into poor body image traps like anorexia or bulimia. That is a real thing and potentially fatal.

Absolutely true..for sure. Recently, I dropped my weight by a twofold, difficult weight loss program....eat less and exercise regularly. Going in two belt buckle holes in drab plus better fitting, easier to zip pencil skirts bring smiles.

I go jogging to lose weight. But I sometimes get foot pain so cannot run on concrete much anymore, so I run on sand and grass instead.
    It’s the only way I really try to stay in shape, as I’m not a member of any gym. I try to run 5-10 km if I can.
    I sometimes look online at pictures of thin women for inspiration, but I know that this can be dangerous/unhealthy as Meghan4now pointed out on post 22.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Since the weather broke I have been walking a mile or two each evening.
    I walk and hike during the summer and fall but it never affects my weight much.