Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postman with a sense of humour !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

Postman with a sense of humour !!

Yesterday I made a start demolishing my old stone fireplace to make way for a woodburning stove , I was using my heavy duty breaker so never heard the postman . This morning I was just returning from walking the dog when I met him in my driveway , he commented that I sounded busy yesterday and I explained what I was doing he then turned with a smile and said , " I thought the sound of that drill was you removing your makeup !! " I called him a cheeky ****** and sent him on his way !

See? Now that's a great relationship

Yeah but was he right, Teresa?!

Just goes to show just how little those outside our community know. Makeup removal as we all know is done with a power washer and a belt sander!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    So right , I keep the big breaker for the tougher parts of shaving !

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Just goes to show just how little those outside our community know. Makeup removal as we all know is done with a power washer and a belt sander!
    Sometimes you just have to resort to explosives.

@jaylyn I came out to a gamer buddy in London. We had a good talk. He's a good friend.
    Next day I get a ping...
    Attachment 304020

I wouldn't mind but her beard's better than mine!
    I just told him I'd lost weight since then and replied with this...
    Attachment 304021

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I also made him feel bad because months before I came out to him he'd photoshopped my head onto Frank n Furter's body.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Eliot

How glorious it is, and also how painful, to be an exception - Alfred De Musset

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage - Seneca

We suffer more often in imagination than in reality - Seneca

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    From a Nation that gave us Monty Python, Benny Hill, Are you being Served, Black Adder, and so on, we must see that the Brits have a wonderful, but different sense of humour! Cheeky word play is in the midst of crossdressing, insane rants, and you can add pussy (cat) washing to make it quite a mad cap bit of entertainment. If only I could see Sid James and the carry on gang again, their antics would have you almost peeing yourself from the laughter.
    Teresa, I totally get it, we tease, and nudge because we like that person. If they never said anything, then we know that they don't care for, or about us. Remember a wink is as good as a nudge to a blind man!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Banned Read only
    Many thanks for all your replies I'm glad you've had some fun with it .

I do get my own back on the postman . He remarked that when it's a lovely sunny day no one on his round really mentions it but when it's wet and miserable everyone says , " David , what have you done to the weather ?" So when the weather is not too good and I see him I call out , " Oh David what have you done to the weather ? " His reply isn't one I could repeat here but he says it with a smile !

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa , That gave me a good laugh. >Orchid..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Political corrctness knocked a lot of humour right out of the window, but used in fun with somebody why not. One lovely expression is calling someone a "right plonker" it just rolls of the tongue.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Sounds insulting to me.

Banned Read only
    Majella,
    He's a really nice guy , he took the trouble to knock on my door a few days after I moved into my new home and introduce himself. The first time he knew about my TG situation was when he saw me from a distance coming out my front door as Teresa . The next time we met face to face so he asked politely what she he called me know , so we have built up a good relationship . I feel it's great he could find some humour in the situation , his way of accpeting me, it could be far worse .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-11-2019 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I feel it's great he could find some humour in the situation , his way of accpeting me, it could be far worse .
    Such as ??? "coming out my front door as Teresa".... Supports my comment on another post...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    Rogina,
    Why is this so much of a problem to you , I tell a fun story about my postman and you turn it into a " More trans than you !" issue . From your own admission you state you're still having problems with the fishing and boat owning fraternity .

My postman has also met me in the local supermarket , if he chose he could be difficult with me , this is his way of coming to terms with and accepting me as TG . We mustn't lose sight of the fact some people have never met a TG person before , we do have to be prepared to cut them a little slack . Surely it's better to deal with it through inocent humour rather than telling you to **** off .

We've have had this debate before the conclusion is my World is totally different to yours , why don't you just accept it .

DMichele,
    The whole point of my thread , I couldn't get through without humour , we have to be prepared to laugh at ourselves sometimes .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-12-2019 at 01:35 PM.

This is the most normal British conversation I've heard today.

Aspiring Member
    Teresa,
    Lovely OP! It appears that you and the postman can freely exchange banter, which is far better than bullying, etc. I strive to not to take myself to seriously, and believe light hearted humor is a way to connect with people.

BTW, half English myself.

Cheers!

We often hear what we want to hear.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

For me I prefer paint stripper, much cheaper and it washes off easily!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Maybe I should write all this down and show it to my postman and tell him he's a troublemaker !! Actually he's on holiday this week I'm beginning to wonder why ?

Can you believe I've now burnt my wallpaper stripper out so will have to buy a new one tomorrow , without it my makeup looks like a ploughed field , no doubt if Carole reads this she'll say , " So what's new !! "

As if, Teresa............... I did think you used foundation on your face tho' not wallpaper................................
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Majella, I would chalk this one up to British humour. We're fine with self-deprecation, and with ribbing and piss-taking. It's in our national character, I'd go as far as to say.
    Teresa's postman was no more insulting than myself, Helen, and Rhoda.
    Think about it, that would akin to a SA laughing in your face. Had he actually meant it as insult, he'd find himself quickly fired.

I'll double down in fact. I'll wager it's indicative of a level.of acceptance deeper than political correctness. Teresa's posty trusted that the joke would land.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-11-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Abbie has the right of it. It's a bit of sarcasm, something we breathe in the air here in NJ, if you are warmly familiar with a person, and they say something dreadful like that, but with a smile, it is genuine affection.

Please, Mr. Postman!

Majella is right. That comment wouldn’t be taken kindly in the States. Wouldn’t be meant kindly either.

I can see the humor in it, though.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    I probably would have said next time you hear it it'll be removing my foot from your a.....
    She's figured out all her doubts were someone else's point of view (She greenday)