Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Postman with a sense of humour !!

Tracii, it's not for everyone It is an incredibly densely populated state and with so many people living on top of one another there is a general attitude of "live and let live, but we're gonna say something about it." I think I've written about it before, but a NJ resident will say things affectionately to people whom they figure are 'in the know' with them. If a NJ resident says something mean TO you, it usually means genuine affection with the expectation of being treated in kind. If you get the sense that a NJ resident is saying something mean ABOUT you and trying to be sly, then they think they're smarter than you and they're just an a--h-le. But a NJ friend with whom you trade affectionate barbs is usually a loyal friend for life. Common here is the expression "A friend will help you move. A NJ friend will help you move … a body."

I had to stop using vise-grips for plucking my eyebrows because the cost of replacing them, when they broke every month, was too high. Even at Harbor Freight prices.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Way to bring it back, Leslie! Meanwhile, I'm wondering if I should switch to a 220 grit on my belt sander for taking off my foundation

Which reminds me... Is self-levelling concrete available in a variety of skin tones? Or will I need some emulsion?
    Asking for a friend.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Hey Macey here's your funny coincidence. NJ has almost the exact same population density as England (not the UK, mind you). NJ is 467 per square kilometer while England is 470...
    I wonder if there's a correlation between that and the humour? 🤔🤣

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    In a lot of cases your postman could have been on that route for a long time and can get to know you well enough to share some banter with you.In my distant past as a postie I indulged in such banter and never once was I pulled up for it

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

It's the difference between irreverence and disrespect. In fact we can't respect those who can't be irreverent about themselves. We'll prick your pomposity if you won't do it to yourself is how I put it to a French friend. But we always admire those who can be self-deprecating.
    Maybe it's down to post-Imperialism?
    I just know life would be more monochromatic without decent banter.
    Thanks Teresa!

sanding like this?I500 mage13.jpg
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Abbie,

Only use self leveling concret once you've use polyfiller as a base coat.

I also find exfoliating with a grit blaster works wonders for the complexion.

Hair removal on my legs is done with a Flymo, 18" blade if course.

Nice pic, LMS!
    Now we need one showing the next step, cordless triangular detail sander for those pesky crevices!

For me I prefer paint stripper, much cheaper and it washes off easily!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Banned Read only
    Maybe I should write all this down and show it to my postman and tell him he's a troublemaker !! Actually he's on holiday this week I'm beginning to wonder why ?

Can you believe I've now burnt my wallpaper stripper out so will have to buy a new one tomorrow , without it my makeup looks like a ploughed field , no doubt if Carole reads this she'll say , " So what's new !! "

As if, Teresa............... I did think you used foundation on your face tho' not wallpaper................................
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

This is the most normal British conversation I've heard today.

Banned Read only
    Wifelong GG,
    Dare I ask , do you feel you've been converted ?

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The best make-up remover for the stylish CD'er is, Janitor in a drum industrial cleaner and a putty knife. Follow this with a liberal dose of vitamin E cream, the putty knife can be used again, as long as it was cleaned between uses. And now for something completely different.........
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I've had to resort to magic
    'Cosmetix Removus'
    https://giphy.com/gifs/funny-harry-potter-8Yyk9RtfERlRu
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-13-2019 at 05:43 PM.

We only pick on the people we like, all the others get upset. I've know a few British guys, if you can understand what they are saying they are same as everyone. On a side note I am selling a panty debuncher for only $9.99 and free shipping. After some of the recent threads I think several members here could use one.

Late to the party but have to put this out there...
    I grew up in a small city in West Texas known for its absolutely awful tasting water.
    The Humor writer for the local paper ran a contest; Our water tastes like:....

The winning entry was something along the lines of, "I don't know because I refuse to drink it. I do however know it is the only substance known to man that will remove Tammy Faye Baker's makeup."
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I'm also told that good old fashioned Pumice stone works well gets all of the make up off and exfoliates the skin at the same time,cheaper than a belt sander!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

That is great interaction. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Anyone try using the Original play dough (Kutol)?
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this: