Thread: Let's be sons, husbands, and fathers for Mother's day

Let's be sons, husbands, and fathers for Mother's day

Just my two cents before a pretty big day of the year for our wonderful mothers. Personally, I think Crossdressing can be a rather selfish/self-serving activity and I hope that on this particular day, we can be sure to make it all about those women in our lives that matter most, our mothers & wives.

Make it less about you and more about her.

I think in general, my biggest issue w/Crossdressing is often the self-serving nature about it. It's all about "I", and I think w/out balance it can get in the way of what matters most...being a great Husband and Dad.

Happy Mother's Day!
    Last edited by DTelia; 05-12-2019 at 01:45 AM.

I think everyone is different.

- Lydianne.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Well I agree that most of the members here are selfish and self-serving (your words) but now you've tarred everybody with the same dirty brush I'm left wondering why you don't just give it up completely and do something more virtuous with your time.

DTelia,
    You're well-intentioned, I'm sure. But I didn't care much for the tone of it. Had you led with the para about YOUR own dressing, followed by saying what YOU are intending doing today, it would have been fine. As is? Well, it just tastes a little sour.

Crossdressing is stigmatised enough without its own participants trying to send everyone on a guilt trip for their alleged selfishness. It also implies a degree of choice most here seem to me not to express. Anecdotally it would even appear crossdressing is, to a degree, pathological for many.

You don't mean trans women are selfish, right? Of course not, yet look how broad your brushstroke is.

<edit> I was hopeful when I saw that you'd edited your post until I read it! It's not much of an improvement. I'm actually really sorry you carry such a degree of self-loathing tbh. I hope you can somehow find respite from that. But my point stands that you saying some really harsh things about a community I've found to be extremely helpful and supportive, among whom I've made a number of close friends. I'm angry that someone from within this group would be so harsh in attacking them. </edit>

Also, on a lighter note, Mothering Sunday was six weeks ago.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Well I agree that most of the members here are selfish and self-serving (your words) but now you've tarred everybody with the same dirty brush I'm left wondering why you don't just give it up completely and do something more virtuous with your time.
    I find myself wondering the same about you, Daisy, since you think 'most' is any less an ill-judged pronouncement than 'everyone'.
    But that'll undoubtedly be because I'm part of the great unwashed mass that will never match your pristine virtue.
    I have enough wrong with me to have no need of condemnation, even if your tarring brush has one or two fewer bristles.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-12-2019 at 10:12 AM.

/thread.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Daisy, You are so wrong "most members here are selfish" ? no way where did that opînion come from?
    Abbie, I fully agree with what you are saying.
    Tar brushing does no good at all. We are all different sure but that is what makes life here good and interesting.
    Last edited by Bobbi46; 05-12-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

I think Abbie put it very well and I totally agree.
    Crissy

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Speak for yourself

@Majella I'd respectfully suggest you hadn't read DTelia's post BEFORE she edited it.
    It read a lot more strident then, and without qualification.
    I'd also suggest Crissy had very literally done exactly what you said, clearly qualifying her reply with 'I'. Perhaps stating more clearly YOUR position would be more helpful? Just a thought.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-12-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTelia View Post
    Just my two cents before a pretty big day of the year for our wonderful mothers. Personally, I think Crossdressing can be a rather selfish/self-serving activity >>SNIP<<

Make it less about you and more about her.

I think in general, my biggest issue w/Crossdressing is often the self-serving nature about it. It's all about "I", and I think w/out balance it can get in the way of what matters most...being a great Husband and Dad.

Happy Mother's Day!
    Feel better about yourself now, after spewing your bile?
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much, and feels guilty about the amount of time she devotes to crossdressing, and is projecting her guilt (or attempting to) onto others.

Well I agree that most of the members here are selfish and self-serving >>SNIP<<
    From such a confident and authoritative statement, are we to assume that you personally know "most" of the members here? And their motivations and life stories?
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Tell us how you REALLY feel, Jodie Lynn! 😬
    Good job you didn't see the earlier version.
    But I think we should still be trying to give DTelia the benefit of the doubt as to her intentions.
    However using words like 'everyone' which was part of it originally help no one. 😒

Abbie, was I too harsh?
    And here I was, thinking I was being lenient.

I Aim To Misbehave

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    @Abbie. I stand by my statement. CD's selfish and self serving, do you KNOW any Women?

Ladies, the horse has been soundly beaten!

It's mothers' day. Let us reflect and celebrate motherhood, in whatever form, definition, expression, state, or what have you! We can always return to a "femmier than thou" debate another day
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 05-13-2019 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Sorry, English only on the forum.

>Thwacks Ole Dobbin on last time<

Ya know, just to be sure....

I Aim To Misbehave

Dammit I missed it all and I had popcorn too. Goddam cross dressers and their generalizations. I mean they *all* make generalizations. Every last one of them.

"selfish and self serving"? A bold statement! based on what statistics? research? I think not CD's are more than likely the opposite, caring for their loved ones as they should do whilst ballancing their needs of dressing.
    Selfishness comes in when its all me, me and then the wheel falls off and everythi,ng goes belly up.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Whew I have lost track of the point of this thread.

I think I will just wish everyone who is a mother, a spouse or is seen as a mother a very happy mothers day.
    Come to think of it Macey just said that.

OK I am taking credit for thinking of it in second place.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    @Abbie. I stand by my statement. CD's selfish and self serving, do you KNOW any Women?
    Ask Wifeling GG... She could tell you if I know any women or am fit to comment on selflessness.

And yes, here's to (non-British 😁 ) mothers, every last one of them, including my darling wife who lost hers 3 months ago.
    Happy Mothers day.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-12-2019 at 10:16 AM.

My mother is rather enthusiastic about my dressing, so how about “no”. Also, I cannot even BEGIN to describe how offensive your words are to the trans women here.

And, no, crossdressing isn’t selfish. Don’t project your insecurities on the rest of us.

If there was ever a thread that proved the OP correct, this is it. LOL!

In before its locked, you know it's coming. Oh, and don't judge me Judger McJudgie pants

Thread has definitely gotten out of control
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"