Thread: Yikes....didn't mean to offend...I am very sorry.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yikes....didn't mean to offend...I am very sorry.

I didn't read the responses to the "closed thread" until just recently. I am very sorry to those that were offended.

Let me try to explain a little bit without opening a can of worms and without keeping the topic going. I will speak only from "my perspective and experiences."

Over the course of 40+ years, I like many of you have shared the desires to crossdress. I didn't understand it, but they were there. I kept it to myself, knowing that most of society frowned or laughed at it. Being in a conservative setting, didn't help this much either, though, I think my own family would have been very loving had they ever discovered.

I told my fiance' about my desires before we were married. I told her I didn't understand them, etc. She smiled and said..."what's the big deal." At that time in my life I had never crossdressed...I wanted to, but never did it...probably out of fear of being caught. Thru 10+ years of marriage, I hadn't really dressed, but my wife always knew I wanted to. Knowing of my desires, stress, and to some extent...sadness, she encouraged me to try it. She purchased some things, and we experimented a bit over the years. The dressing was still a very rare occurrence, because I didn't want to scare my wife, or worry her. She was very unselfish and helpful and we drew closer as a result. She helped me see a lot of the positive things that came from my personality and character because of this somewhat strange thing about me.

She appreciated a measure of sympathy that I had for others and not just those that may have also been CD, but may have had other struggles. I am grateful that she helped me see this.

By labeling CDing as often a selfish activity, I also unintentionally blanketed a lot of you and I am sorry. I would imagine that a lot of you, maybe most of you have also seen that your desires have also improved aspects of your character.

I would hope however, that we can all look in the mirror (figuratively speaking) and see how we can be better people. I don't think we should take offense of this request. As for my character, even though I don't dress much, I know that my selfish traits pick up as the pink fog creeps in and gets thicker...I can quite easily forget things that are more important, including my responsibilities as an employee, husband, and even father. Sometimes that fog can create a desire and excitement that trumps more important things...and this is all I meant by it. I should have directed those comments in the original post to me, rather than to all of you.

So for me today, IS a reminder to me to look at my mother, my wife, and other women for the great women that they are. And if I wish to look or be like them, I suppose that is also a wonderful compliment...this is actually how my wife sees it. It's not creepy to her, because she also believes that she is beautiful, and she can understand why I would like to be as well.

Again, I am sorry, and hope you understand the original intent of my note.

Thank you,

DT
    Last edited by DTelia; 05-12-2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typos on sentencing