Thread: One big obstacle passed.

One big obstacle passed.

Just one of my sons was left without knowing about me.
    So I flew to Dallas Texas last Friday morning to help him come back from a two weeks training in a new job where they assigned him with a new truck and the trailer and had to drive back to California.
    I was wandering how to approach the conversation with him for around two hours when I got a call from the endocrinologist office regarding a referral for electrolysis. After that I had to call to the health insurer and something's were a bit obvious so after the call he ask me what was all that about.
    So a long conversation that ended with a stop on the road (he was driving) to give me big and tight hug. He made me cry when said, your my dad, I love you and support you in this new life.
    Just have in mind that he came being 16 years old to live to the states. Now is a married man that gave me my only grandson.
    My only concern and why I delayed this action because always was hard to find the right time to talk without his wife present because she is kind of traditional catholic fundamentalist, but he said, no worries, that's my job and I know how to do it, just give me few days.
    Now my way is pavimented to soon go full time.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Congratulations Devi! Best of luck as you go full time! I know you'll do great!

Totally awesome! It kinda brings tears to my eyes since it reminds me of how my own kids were instantly accepting of me when I told them. I'm so happy for you.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

You have an awesome son! You raised him right. Especially that he told you he will bring his wife around to accept you. Religious fundamentalism is one of the biggest obstacles to acceptance. I have a son who is accepting but his wife is not for "religious" reasons. Two years later she has not changed her attitude, refuses to see me, and refuses to have their two children be with me. I hope you son is successful in moving his wife toward acceptance.