Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gender changing app filter

Gender changing app filter

Has anyone seen or played with the new Snapchat filter that will show you what you look like as the opposite gender? What do you think about it?

story link = https://www.popbuzz.com/internet/vir...napchat-memes/

I have and look pretty good.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Already a couple of threads on that subject.

A couple hundred, more like.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I never heard of this I need to get snapchat and try it thanks you

Banned Spammer
    Not sure what a snap chat is but if everybody is doing it then I don't want to.

I've been hearing about it too and was curious, but just what I need...Something else to have to fool with

I was coming here to ask the same question.
    It’s given me an extra push and something to aim for when applying makeup now.

FYI for those not in the know, You can use the filter and save the pic to your phone without having to post it......

Great. I can be huge and homely in two genders. No thanks. I'll stick to my fantasy of being slender, pretty & actually attractive. Ahhhh, that's better!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Snap Chat gender bend filter

Anyone else having a great time with this filter? It’s like looking at what I wish I was. Still getting a kick out of it every time I look at it.
    [FO

That's 5....
    This is a popular topic.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I’ve got a friend who has a trans son and feels this app is a bit offensive to those who are truly trans. It kinda makes fun
    of changing your face to look at yourself as the other gender. So be careful keeping in mind those who deal with real gender
    dysphoria this is not for fun but real. So maybe this app kinda cheapens that. I’m just saying

If our makeup technique can match it like the filter that will be gold.

Banned Spammer
    I figured there would be somebody that would get offended.
    Notice its someone who isn't trans but knows someone who is?
    Rachael tell the Father he has no right to tell others what they can do or enjoy.
    To get offended over a phone app you have real problems dealing with life's issues.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-14-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    I figured there would be somebody that would get offended.
    Notice its someone who isn't trans but knows someone who is?
    Rachael tell the Father he has no right to tell others what they can do or enjoy.
    To get offended over a phone app you have real problems dealing with life's issues.
    Well maybe if you were raising a trans child with all a parent has to deal with you might understand it better.
    I’ve not seen the app but we have enough negative out there to deal with as a community and now there’s an app to play
    and pretend and make fun of real TG folks again I’m just saying

These gender filters are becoming more popular we should be curious as to why and experiment with them, they can be a lot of fun and are interesting.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    Well maybe if you were raising a trans child with all a parent has to deal with you might understand it better.
    I’ve not seen the app but we have enough negative out there to deal with as a community and now there’s an app to play
    Look I have raised two daughters on my own and put them thru college even been a friend to some of their gay friends.
    I have worked with trans youth for quite a few years giving them counseling and support.
    So please I know quite a bit about the subject.
    This app is only bad if you make it that way. Most people I have seen using it aren't harming anyone.In fact it might help some of the closet CDers actually come out did you ever think of that?
    This is just a current fad thing give it 2 weeks and it will be forgotten about.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-14-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Now, is this something else out there to help me find my man, my significant other?
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    So you haven’t actually seen the thing, or how it’s executed, but you’re outraged over it? Welcome to Modern America.

P.S. I’ve seen the dog face filter used to make fun of furries. Should they get rid of that one too? Just because something CAN be used for ill, doesn’t mean it’s inherently evil or wrong. It’s in HOW people choose to use them.
    Last edited by Micki_Finn; 05-14-2019 at 02:48 PM.

It turned five days of beard growth into a 5 o'clock shadow. I will give it another try when I have a cleanly shaven face.

.I dont have snapchat account But Seems like it would be funny to use in our pass times..

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    So you haven’t actually seen the thing, or how it’s executed, but you’re outraged over it? Welcome to Modern America.

P.S. I’ve seen the dog face filter used to make fun of furries. Should they get rid of that one too? Just because something CAN be used for ill, doesn’t mean it’s inherently evil or wrong. It’s in HOW people choose to use them.

Never said I was outraged I’m just repeating from a friend who is a strong advocate for trans youth and as I said her son
    is trans. Traci it may well indeed be a good thing and may help. But any here knows how real this part of us is and it’s not
    some game to be played.
    And yes I believe you to be a strong advocate as well for trans folks and it’s very much appreciated

Banned Spammer
    Oh I know how real this part is I live it everyday.
    The main thing is it takes a very strong person to live this life and it isn't easy.Oh how well I know that.
    If your friend is a weak person who is easily offended then she should learn how to deal with it and stop playing the victim.
    Her child is trans and needs a strong parental figure to protect her/him during the time and not a weakling that folds under pressure.
    Sorry to be blunt about it she is teaching her child to be a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Oh I know how real this part is I live it everyday.
    The main thing is it takes a very strong person to live this life and it isn't easy.Oh how well I know that.
    If your friend is a weak person who is easily offended then she should learn how to deal with it and stop playing the victim.
    Her child is trans and needs a strong parental figure to protect her/him during the time and not a weakling that folds under pressure.
    Sorry to be blunt about it she is teaching her child to be a victim.
    I can’t completely disagree with this, she can be a bit of a victim at times. I do believe she wants what’s best for her son though. I have to tell you not long after I posted on here someone IM me his picture using the app. I will say it was cute.
    he’s gay but not into dressing. So yes it was in fun but for you and for me it’s real life, so I don’t need an app

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I love how the filter makes me look more fem! I took pictures with my 2 year old with the man and woman filters! Omg his mom and I got the biggest laugh out of it!