Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gender changing app filter

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaina Nocturnus View Post
    I love how the filter makes me look more fem! I took pictures with my 2 year old with the man and woman filters! Omg his mom and I got the biggest laugh out of it!
    And there you’ve made my point, for those who this is there life where they are fighting for rights and acceptance it’s not a joke. Trans people will continue to find no respect or acceptance as long as things like this exist.
    Ok sure once in a while have fun with it but those who are trans it’s serious business

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I posted my reply to the original post. I just read your replies. I dress in femme everyday around my 2 year old son, my 11 year old stepdaughter and my 20 year old son. To us there's is nothing funny about being trans, it's just life.

We laugh at everything cuz life is too serious. We were laughing at a 2 year old looking like a full grown woman and man. Quit trying to find negativity in this world, there's already enough of it going around without OUR community arguing over an app that you probably don't use.

Think of it in a positive light. Now it's easier for some one curious to see if it's the right look for them. Lighten up, please

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    Trans people will continue to find no respect or acceptance as long as things like this exist.
    So, if we remove things like this from existence, trans people will finally be able to find respect or acceptance? Because right now they can't find any? Not one? Does it really work that way?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tracy that is how the trans activist operates.
    They want everything thing their way and nobody else has any rights that they don't approve of.
    I agree lighten up and stop being so negative Rachael.
    Rachael you need to understand you and all trans people have the same rights as anyone else.
    Seems you want special treatment or laws enacted that serve you and limit every one else.
    Kind of shows bigotry towards cis people
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-16-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Tracy that is how the trans activist operates.
    They want everything thing their way and nobody else has any rights that they don't approve of.
    I agree lighten up and stop being so negative Rachael.
    Rachael you need to understand you and all trans people have the same rights as anyone else.
    Seems you want special treatment or laws enacted that serve you and limit every one else.
    Kind of shows bigotry towards cis people
    Oh Tracii I’m far from being a big activist when it comes to trans rights and yes I know that we have rights and such but
    when we see states like mine trying to pass laws that’s discriminate only against trans and gay people than I become more
    vocal. I know this app has nothing to do with that but again we are still marginalized and in some ways not taken serious
    so I’m just saying don’t always assume that some will think it’s funny when others may think otherwise

Banned Spammer
    Marginalization only happens if YOU let it happen.
    My little backwards hillbilly state of Kentucky treats everyone the same under the law so being trans here is no big deal.
    My city has a fairness clause as well. Gays and trans people are no differently treated here than cis people.
    Move up here maybe?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-16-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Just tried it, the first several came out pretty bad, then I got a good one. Now if I can just figure out how to save them.

Y’all
    It’s simply a photo filter designed for people to have fun with. It’s not any kind of slight or dig at the trans community. If you can’t laugh at yourself, then you need to take a step back and look at your own behavior. Are you taking things too seriously?
    Just a thought
    I’m absolutely loving the pictures I’ve been taking with that filter. I think I’ve gotten the best pictures of my true female self, and looking at them when I’m feeling dysphoric actually helps.
    Bu, you know, that’s just like, my opinion, man.

Lord, Traci,
    I would love to move up there! Maybe I could even get married! I would adore to be a pretty wife!
    Roxanne Lanyon
    As Sweet As I Can Ever Be

I just posted this exact thread. I didn’t see this untill after of course. I’ll admit I like it. I wished I looked half as good as the filter makes me look!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I just posted this exact thread. I didn’t see this untill after of course. I’ll admit I like it. I wished I looked half as good as the filter makes me look!

And there you’ve made my point, for those who this is there life where they are fighting for rights and acceptance it’s not a joke. Trans people will continue to find no respect or acceptance as long as things like this exist.
    Ok sure once in a while have fun with it but those who are trans it’s serious business
    Jeez! Look, here's a concept, it's called 'fun'. That you suggest it's making fun of the entire TG community is absurd.
    You MIGHT have a point if this filter were being used to further an anti-TG agenda or to promote anti-TG legislation, but that's NOT what's happening and as a result your assertion just sounds ridiculous.
    The TG community has a great many legitimate concerns. Listing this amongst them is a waste of time, effort, and energy.
    What's next? "Being able to add a rainbow sticker to my pics destroys the gains made in gay rights over the last 50 years!", "Putting a horn and glitter on my photos is simply unicornist, wah!" etc? Just sounds way off base.
    And I say that as someone who believes strongly in the usefulness of political correctness as a tool for altering prejudicial attitudes. But not when it's a silly filter for a five-minute giggle. I absolutely reserve the right to laugh at myself without being accused of attacking anyone else. That's a right I'll assert without any qualification. It's not something I need anyone's approval or permission for.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-25-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Just like I said in a previous post. 2 weeks ago it was all the rage on Facebook now everyone has moved on and the app is old news and will be forgotten about by next week.
    Hardly a harm to the trans community.

This is not a fad. To me there is a much broader topic, but I don’t want to start another thread.

Beyond the Snap Chat filter there are numerous apps that offer similar results. Some others change gender. Some are make up try on apps that let you test lip stick, eye shadow, nail polish. Some are cosmetic surgery apps that let you picture yourself with a smaller nose or augmented breasts. Others are retail “magic mirror” apps that let you try on dresses and other clothes. All fall in the category of Augmented Reality (AR).

Virtual Reality (VR) offers another twist on the experience. In VR you can see “yourself” in a mirror and see every turn of your face or tip of your head or bow or spin repeated back to you. As with all good VR, your brain is tricked into believing it is seeing something real.

Your mirrored self in VR can also become any style avatar or digital person. Your digital image can be a sexy girl in a bikini, a princess in a gown, a tough biker, whatever (or knight, soldier, skater dude, whatever as a guy).

Having experienced this (in AR and VR), I would say it always brings a smile to my face. Not because I or anyone else is laughing at the results. Rather for the brief period I BECOME that women in a bikini or princess or feminine alter ego.

With AR/VR one can live a fantasy or preview a look/style or imagine a transition.

Sure, as in life, some people will think it is ridiculing or a joke. But others will find inspiration and a means of expressing their true self.

Technology advances. At one point we will have the opportunity to wear AR glasses that can create Snap Chat-like filters in real time as we look at others and others look at us.

So, the real question becomes how we fit digital personas and digital gender expression into the spectrum of clothes, makeup, wigs, and full transition. I believe it can be hugely rewarding. And the possibilities are expanding every day.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-26-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Not going there

Banned Spammer
    As you can see Kenita there is a segment of people that feel they are victims when it comes to living their lives so they find a reason to complain or feel offended about every little thing.

You keep telling us how offensive this is to the Trans community, and yet we have members of that community here telling you that it ISN’T offensive. So... how do you reconcile that?

Banned Spammer
    You know I find if you give respect you get it back in return.
    Some trans people haven't learned that concept and continue to demand special treatment.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    You know I find if you give respect you get it back in return.
    Some trans people haven't learned that concept and continue to demand special treatment.
    Some politicians PROMISE them "Special treatment" beyond the equal respect they deserve----That is political exploitation, and all trans folk should be wary because it only generates more resentment than acceptance.

Rather than get twisted over a silly phone app, I would think that there are more serious issues to be concerned with.

But I guess a gender swap game is far more pressing. And much safer to be "offended" about.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-26-2019 at 09:51 PM. Reason: We are not going on this tangent
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Too many trans people have been taken advantage of by unscrupulous people.
    Promised unicorns and rainbows and given nothing.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-26-2019 at 09:59 PM. Reason: sending PM

I'm not looking to jump on a soapbox or anything, just trying to point out that there are some things we need to be more concerned with than a trifling little app.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-26-2019 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Digressing from the original intent of the thread
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    I agree Jodie, just an app and not that big a deal.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Used the silly thing once,had a laugh with colleagues over the results and dumped the app,and no trans people were harmed in the process.So onto next week's next big thing

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Please refer back to the OP's question. If this thread goes off on any further tangents, it will be closed.

Banned Read only
    Snap Chat copied FaceApp with the Gender Changing App .

these gender filters are getting much better, and even simulates FFS

Is Snapchat's viral gender-swap filter problematic or just silly ...

Why Snapchat’s new gender swap feature is problematic for many trans people

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenext...ns-people/amp/

FaceApp is a mobile application for iOS and Android developed by Russian company Wireless Lab which uses neural network technology to automatically generate highly realistic transformations of faces in photographs. The app can transform a face to make it smile, look younger, look older, or even change gender.
    Last edited by traciethetg; 05-27-2019 at 07:12 PM.

It's a lot of fun, Jen!
    Veronica

Love who you are! You are uniquely you!!