Thread: "Anning" for the whole weekend

"Anning" for the whole weekend

I just had the weekend of a lifetime. I only started going out as Anne in February. That’s when I shaved off my beard for the first time in 42 years. I could only get out for a few hours while my wife was at work on her occasional weekend shift. But this past weekend my wife went to visit our daughter in another state and so from Thursday night to Monday morning I was entirely Anne.

I went shopping of course! I went to a local support group meeting, I walked the mall and even went into a couple local shops and ventured down town. The biggest confidence builder was stopping into a shop where another gurl on the group works. We had met a year ago, in drab (well I was in a kilt). I was driving by the shop and stopped in to ask about some work I might have done. She didn’t recognize me and apparently I passed well enough as a woman (voice and all) that she didn’t notice.

I considered getting a makeover at Sephora, but didn’t want to spend the money. I’m saving up for a more age appropriate wig.
    I never had an awkward moment, even when I had to talk to sales clerks. I definitely have improved the way I present as a woman, I got lots of walking practice even in heels. I got a few glances and a couple stares from some guys – at my legs!. That was actually flattering. In two weeks my wife has a weekend at work and I plan to go have coffee with my friend at the shop, to whom I revealed myself well after the fact.

Of course I just wish I had done this 42 years ago when I had a chance of looking pretty instead of looking like an old lady - but if old lady works I'll take it and run with it.

Hi Honey — So glad you were so successful. Being able to pass seems to depend on where a person lives. Maine seems like a forgiving place to live. Yesterday, I saw two such ladies coming off a cruise ship, where I live in the Caribbean. They were rather obvious but seemed to be trying to stand and walk in a feminine. For me, it was like seeing a famous person. I want to go up and talk but I wonder if they would welcome me. And what would we talk about? I finally decided to “casually” run into them seek in a tattoo parlor they went to but then I saw them coming out of the parlor with wives talking. One of the wives was getting a tattoo. I left them alone. Ain’t life grand. Be blessed.

Anne,

Your story is similar to mine. I had a beard around 40 years. When I started going OUT dressed very late at night in the neighborhood while my wife was sleeping I would wear a medical face mask to cover my beard. Eventually I started going to a local park in the daytime wearing the mask when my wife was away from home for at least a few hours.

It wasn't long after that when I HAD to shave so I could be out and about and wear makeup. There was no stopping me after that. Now I go everywhere and wish I had started so much sooner.

Suzi Q

Platinum Member
    Hi Anne , It sounds like you had a wonderful time. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by annecwesley View Post
    Of course I just wish I had done this 42 years ago when I had a chance of looking pretty instead of looking like an old lady - but if old lady works I'll take it and run with it.
    Congratulations, well done!

I'm in my 60s with a beard. Rather that the little old lady I'm going for the strong, competent manageress persona. Don't know if that would work for you, but either way you look good in that picture.

Anne,

Yes, you have missed opportunities but get your wife on board and you can make up for lost time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So happy you were able to have a little time for yourself and get out in the wild.

Hi Anne, So great to see your getting out, you look great. You sparked my interest when you mentioned a support group, can you pm me with the details? Thanks Belinda