This past Saturday I was meeting a friend for lunch, and when I arrived at our rendezvous spot, I got a text saying that he was running late so I decide to do a little shopping.

I was en femme, as normal, in a knee length denim skirt, a very flowy, colorful blouse, and sandals. And, of course, wig, make-up, and boobs.

While browsing the aisles, one of the staff passed by. She was in the store uniform, with shoulder length brown hair with blonde highlights, turquoise eye shadow, lipstick & nails. As we passed she looked at me and I smiled & nodded my head, (FYI: when en femme, I am ALWAYS smiling...) and continued on my way.

A few aisles later, I heard a quiet voice ask, "Excuse me, but are you Trans?" I turned and it was the young SA. I nodded and replied "Yes, I am".

She reacted like a puppy hearing her human's voice! She came up and grabbed my arm, and with a tremor in her voice, said "I am soooo happy to meet another transwoman!"

We talked for about 15 minutes, she basically gave me her life history, in a rushed, breathless exposition. We exchanged contact info, and because of some of the details she related, as we parted, I asked her if she needed a hug. We embraced, and in a very emotional farewell, we went our separate ways.

I met her and took her to lunch on Sunday, and quickly became friends, even though she is 20 years younger than my olde fossilized self.

I'm posting this, as a response to some of the "Should-I-Make-Contact-When-I-Think-I-See-Another-CD/TG?" threads.

When approached, I didn't feel in any way threatened, or 'made', I have no delusions that I "pass", but I do "blend"; I was actually happy that another transwoman felt comfortable enough to approach me and make contact. The poor girl admitted later that she was terrified that she might have misidentified me. In her words: "I was afraid of what might happen if you were a GG".

So, the next time you think you see a sister, approach her. Gently, if you are in male mode. Or female mode for that matter, and see what happens.