Thread: Caught in my nightgown by my neighbor

Caught in my nightgown by my neighbor

I am not real great at writing and appoligize now for wording and punctuation

So last night, I was super tired early, It was about 7:15 I decided the day was long enough and busy enough.
    In to the shower and call it a day. After cleaned up and ready for the night. I came out to the kitchen that
    faces my back yard. definitely private to the world. Just about to close the door and lock up for the night
    Probably 7:45 by now.

I reach for the door, and my neighbor is just about to knock on the door.
    He see's me on the other side, stops his knock before he actually hits the door.

So it was definitely clear that he saw me. I held up a finger to motion him I would be just a minute.

I went in to change back to Ray Mode.

I went out to see what was up.
    He had a wiper motor that he needed help changing in his mothers car.
    I went out and helped him get it done.
    Not a word further was said about what he saw.

And as he was leaving, he said he would be back tonight to see if he can do some digging and find a water leak I have in the Main water lines.

So I guess I survived that experience. Being in the heart of Tennessee, Of course I was nervous about getting caught here.

I have considered telling on of my other neighbors,
    He is a pretty good guy, and dont think he would have an issue.
    Might as well tell him now.

This is how I was dressed when he caught a glimpse.
    No denying it, I am a crossdresser.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I think I would let the notifications to any neighbor slide by. If the neighbor who saw you in a nightgown was not interested enough to ask you about it. He probable does not have a problem with it or care. Just my two cents.

A friend of mine, who is openly trans, and is still working and living in a very male dominated business, has often said;"if they liked you before, they'll still like you after. If they didn't like you before, they won't like you after." It makes sense that, outside of the dynamics of the immediate family, a lot of the reaction to a persons idiosyncrasies will depend on how good the relationship is between the two parties. Since your neighbor felt comfortable enough to be knocking on you door at 7:45 in the evening to ask for your help, it is obvious that you have a good relationship, and he considers you a friend. You are both lucky and can take pride in your good relationship with your neighbors. That is more important than assumptions about what state you are in.

You might be in a better position than you think to discuss this with him, and the other neighbor as well.

More than likely they will adjust their thinking on trans issues because it is you rather than the other way around.

And, by the way, you have no need to apologize for your writing. You communicate clearly and well.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

You offered a service / help that your neighbor values more than what you wear to bed. Nothing wrong with that.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Tenn people are fine people and I have never had a problem down there when dressed.

If you feel he needs to know tell him. or just leave it alone.
    Angie

Thanks for your input everyone.
    This was one of the neighbors that I was worried about finding out.
    He is definitely the true hillbilly Tennessee dude.
    I was totally unsure how he would react, I guess I know now.

Again Thanks for your input.

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I hope you find your water leak. They can be frustrating.

Sounds to me that whatever he thought about it, he figures it is your business. He saw you, waited for you to change, didn't ask you about it, and announced that he would be back later (I'm guessing so save you what he might consider embarrassment for you?)

Can't tell what he makes of it, but at a guess, I'd say he sounds very 'live and let live'.

Nothing to worry about Raychel, from now on perhaps you'll feel a little more like going out when you want to.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Raychel View Post
    Thanks for your input everyone.
    This was one of the neighbors that I was worried about finding out.
    He is definitely the true hillbilly Tennessee dude.
    I was totally unsure how he would react, I guess I know now.

Again Thanks for your input.

Hullo Raychel,

Having lived in a very small town in East Tennessee for a while I completely understand your trepidation. Tn. people can be extremely clannish and talking about (not to) your neighbour can be the biggest sport in town and whispers far faster than the North Fork of the Holston River in small tightly knit communities. You could try lying your way out of the situation and say you were trying it on for a costume party but that means the added embarrassment of bringing it up again. How likely are you to be believed? You could try explaining but again it's the difficulty of broaching the subject. Is there another neighbour that knows you both that you are more comfortable with? Would it be possible to have that person act a an intermediary and gently explain the situation for you? Or you could let sleeping dog lie. Sometimes if you behave as if nothing has changed then nothing will change. Be calm and remember what is done is done and you are not responsible for the thoughts or actions of anyone else.
    Last edited by Wifeling GG; 05-15-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Raychel , All you can do now is just own it. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I wouldn't even worry about it. Either he didn't see you or he did and didn't say anything and is cool with it. I wouldn't even bring it up. And if he does then I would just own up to it.

Again, Thanks for everyone input.

I saw him again today, He was out pushing a lawnmower thru a very large over grown yard
    I went over with my big riding mower and helped him out. He would have been weeks getting it done the way he was going
    When we were done, He thanked me, And I said that is the least I could do for the shock he got at the door.
    He did not reply, So it will get left at that, Like Wifeling said, Let Sleeping dogs lie with him.

My other neighbor that I am pretty good friends with, I saw him today, I told him I dress in womens clothes sometimes.
    He just said oh really, and chuckled a little bit, then I told him the story. And from now on, No worries about who comes to the door.
    Just own it, lol

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Own it is all you can do.
    I live in Kentucky and lived the same house for 29 years all my neighbors know and its never been a problem.
    Its a nice neighborhood and the people are nice.

Raychel, It sounds like both neighbors are good with you dressing any way you choose. Good neighbors for sure.
    Crissy

Sure does seem like good neighbors.
    I help them, they help me. just good neighbors.
    Dont care how you dress, just be a good person.

And I guess it the big picture of life, that is really all that matters
    just be a good person.

Yes, that's probably the best thing do. It's great that your neighbour hasn't make an issue of it, if he did see.
    Even he is tolerant rather than outright accepting, that is still good and means you have more freedom to dress how you like at home without worrying who notices. Good outcome.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

There is no doubt he saw me
    I was right in front of him, with only a glass
    door between us. I held up a finger to tell him just a minute
    While I went and changed. He waited for me to come back out.

So yeah. There is no doubt he saw me.
    Seems like he will be tolerant and would rather not know.

My other neighbor. When I told him. It was like whatever
    Do you want a soda. Conversation as usual.
    It was like I told him I liked eating cheeseburgers. Lol

I personally would wait until I was questioned, if that ever happens.

People do accept that others wear odd clothing around the house and most respect that freedom of choice.

Do you really need to drive over the cliff today?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.