Thread: The best thing about being a woman Is the prerogative to have a little fun

The best thing about being a woman Is the prerogative to have a little fun

Some songs seem to be written for t-girls. This one is one of my favorites. There are lots of (young?) people who have to find their identity and the way crossdressing fits into that. That may be a difficult period. But once you've found your own color, your own style and your own way to express yourself, you can only be very happy with your feminin part. I know I do! The combination of crossdressing and music is magical for me. I've recorded this song because in my opinion it's not just about natural born women, but especially for girls like us:

"The best thing about being a woman
    Is the prerogative to have a little fun and
    Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy, forget I'm a lady
    Men's shirts, short skirts
    Oh, oh, oh, really go wild-yeah, doin' it in style
    Oh, oh, oh, get in the action, feel the attraction
    Color my hair, do what I dare
    Oh, oh, oh, I want to be free yeah, to feel the way I feel
    Man! I feel like a woman!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQINhre-wG8

Fiona,

"Girls just want to have fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Fiona,

"Girls just want to have fun!"
    "Sisters are doing it for themselves?"

I think there is a good deal of truth in those lyrics. Superficially women appear to be rather reserved in behavior, but underneath there is an experimenter and explorer. Men like to present an image of a fun fellow, but underneath they don't usually have a lot of nerve. That is definitely the case when it comes to gender expression. Women will often try most anything; men tend occupy a rather narrow range on the gender expression spectrum. Men tend to be more "conservative" while women are more "liberal" in expression. Men don't want to appear too emotional; women love to express emotion. Masculine gender has been described as Instrumental while feminine gender is described as Expressive.

Looks like you had a lot of fun making that video.

Back in the day, like most guys, I had a thing for Shania Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I had a thing for Shania Twain.
    Reports of her demise have...

Err . . nevermind .

- Lydianne.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Timely post, Fiona. WildSide starts Monday in Vegas!

250 T girls tearing up the Strip! Never been to T parties like theirs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Timely post, Fiona. WildSide starts Monday in Vegas!

250 T girls tearing up the Strip! Never been to T parties like theirs!
    It's a coincidence, I had never heard of it... Seen some clips on youtube now, looks great, lot of fun, Fiona

I’m impressed by the way you worked the word “prerogative” into the song lyric!

Now do “photosynthesis”.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Fiona, I love your videos. It was fun.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Platinum Member
    Hi Fiona , That was absolutely awesome, Thanks. >Orchid ......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Fiona , That was absolutely awesome, Thanks. >Orchid ......
    thank you, Orchid

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    Fiona, I love your videos. It was fun.
    Thank you Jamie Alwayshave

I think the fun she's referring to in the song, is limited to particular social situations such as dancing or playing around with their boyfriend/husband's clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by GretchenM View Post
    Men like to present an image of a fun fellow, but underneath they don't usually have a lot of nerve. That is definitely the case when it comes to gender expression.
    Gee, maybe men are usually able to have fun, explore and experiment without gender having anything to do with it? Virtually every exploration and experimenting of new things, has been done by men. Perhaps with so many other interests, crossing the gender lines simply isn't something that most men find enticing at all. Women historically envy all the freedoms & opportunities that men have, not the reverse (except of course on crossdresser forums!). What percentage of women are ski or snowboard aficionados that go to the tops of mountains in order to get the thrill of danger, sliding down areas at terrific speeds, where there are no paths? How many rock and cliff free climbers are women? Deep sea divers? Cliff divers? Hang gliders? Skydivers? Builders and pilots of ultralights? Sport motorcycle riders? Dirt bike riders?
    All past times that are great fun, of which few women take part.
    So there you go. Plenty of ways that men have fun, which had no prerequisites necessary of crossing gender lines at all.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I remember this song from about 20 years ago, and it was popular with teenage girls. I secretly quite liked it too, but at that time I didn’t really admit it to myself/others.

Yes I like it too.

I always want to have fun, I want to remain a girl, and never grow into womanhood.

Robin Hood has nothing to do with this.....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Yes I like it too.

I always want to have fun, I want to remain a girl, and never grow into womanhood.

Robin Hood has nothing to do with this.....
    I agree, I'll always be a rockchick. Maybe someday it will feel ridiculous, but I don't care. I'll keep on rocking till I die... (are you absolutely sure about Robin Hood?) Fiona

This song has always spoke to my feminine soul. It’s usually the first or second song I play when I dress. I love dancing to it in the shower or when I’m doing my make up. So girly and so fun!!!