Thread: Finally, again! LOL again!

Finally, again! LOL again!

Purse straps slide off the shoulder! Always slipping and sliding!
    Today, went to restaurant! Went in "natural" gender! (Mostly androgenous!) Carried my tan crossbody bag! Placed it on left shoulder and pushed it behind me and held it and it stayed in place! It usually just slides off! Not sure what I did differently but it worked! I walked from the back of the restaurant to my car and it stayed in place!
    Not sure why but it feels like a big accomplishment! LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Sounds like a good battle won. I too fought with my nefarious purse strap today. I swear it's main goal in life is to slid off at the worst time and embarrass you. Normally I wear a jacket of some sort and there is a reasonable amount of friction but today I wore a silk blouse without a collar and my purse strap wouldn't stay put. As soon as I got my buggy at the store in went the purse.

Lana, can you repeat it?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

LOL! That is one of my pet peeves! Always fussing with the strap. Good to know that I am not the only one. but glad you had a good day with it.

Physics happened lol. If the purse is pushed behind you, the straps twist, meaning the strap now has to move in 2 directions. Also, that shifts the center of gravity to INSIDE the strap instead of outside, so the weight works against you a lot less.

The downside being that it’s less protected and out of your sight so you’re less likely to notice a pickpocket.

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae , Just put a half twist in the strap on top of your shoulder. >Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I will take heed of post five and six here....

You learn something new every day.

I am still learning to be a woman, takes years I think.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kimberly: Mine slides off and I grab it by the handles and stuff it in the cart immediately!
    Jamie: Probably not or? LOL
    Brenda: My go to bag has only handles (satchel) but I can put it on my forearm and carry it that way!
    Micki: Thanks for that explanation! I thought it might be something like that but could not express it!
    Orchid: That explains it! The strap already has a half twist in it! It is in the way it was attached! LOL
    Beverly: No, it takes a lifetime! LOL
    Thanks ladies for your answers!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

ya know....
    they do make bags that have large loops to hang off your arm.

just saying....
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I have a few purses with long straps I can wear cross body as u mentioned, Lana Mae. They can't fall off and I can dance freely all nite without losing my purse or it sitting on a table in a crowded club!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

OMG, ok, this half twist thing really works! Its the little things in life that make me happy.

Jodie Lynn: Yeah, I have one and it is my go to bag!
    Sherry: Yeah, I tried that but had trouble with taking it off and disturbing the wig! LOL
    Kimberly Jean: It does! How neat is that?
    Thanks for your replies ladies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!