In 2 weeks, I'm taking a 3 day, 2 night spiritual retreat as Kaley. I have done many retreats in the past in male mode, but this is the first as Kaley. I'm headed to a retreat center a few hours away which is run by two women ordained in the Ecumenical Catholic Communion. They are totally cool with trans-identifying people. I may meet with their spiritual director, and they also have a massage therapist on hand! Most of my time will be spent in reading, meditation, walks, and prayer. A lot of solitude, I think.

I'm trying to figure out what I should wear, mostly. That sounds so shallow, but I've never done this! I'd love input. I'll probably go with my long wig and just keep it tied in a low pony tail with a scrunchie. Advice on wig management? I get hot in it sometimes.

I've never been Kaley for 24 hrs straight, much less almost 48 hours. I'll probably have to shave 2x day, which stinks.

Do any of you have makeup tips for long wear? Setting spray? I'm going to keep it as light as possible.

I'll try to use as femme of a voice as I can, but that will be new also for so long.

Comfy shoes -- sandals I think.

Other advice?

I do love the refreshment that comes with these retreats, and I hope I can connect with God as Kaley. I've been praying a lot about my feminine side and what it means for me.

Kaley