Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A funny thing happened at the doctor today ...

A funny thing happened at the doctor today ...

Apologies for the book, but it was a lot. So – I had to go and have a physical done for work, not with my doctor, but with one my company sends us to. If you’ve read my posts you know I wear bra and panties every day and that my doctor and her staff all know about it.
    Off I went – arrived and checked in, waited for about 10 minutes and was then called back by the nurse. She did the usual went over my paperwork with me making sure I had all the boxes and fields filled in. She left and said that the doctor would be right with me and that they had some medical students working with them, would I be OK with the students being in the room during the physical, would I mind if they participated or even performed the physic, nope, no problem.

Sat and waited and after a few minutes there was a knock on the door and then in walked the doctor, 2 med students and the nurse. The doctor introduced herself and the students, handshakes and helloes all around and then asked me again if I was OK with medical students being present and doing the exam itself – sure, OK by me. She turned to the first student and asked him if he was ready to do and exam – sure, then she turned to the second student and asked her if she was ready as well – sure. So the doctor sat down with the nurse and turned it over to the students.

Both were very polite and professional and went through the list of questions again and then asked me to take my shirt off and then hop up on the table – I had a button down shirt and t-shirt on. Took my shirt off and they both kind of stopped and looked at each other and then at the doctor, my dark blue lace cup bra was clearly visible through my white t-shirt. I looked at them, smiled and said what, first time seeing a bra or something? Everyone laughed and the female student said well, it’s the first time I’ve seen a guy in a bra yes ... and I have one just like it, more laughs. The doctor said keep going, go on - the male student said uh … OK … go ahead and hop up on the table for me. Hopped up and then he checked my breathing and lungs with the stethoscope front and back, stepped back and then the female student did the same.

They finished the abdomen check and then asked me to step down so we could do a hernia check. So, I hopped down, unbuckled my trousers, lowered them and stood there in my red nylon briefs waiting – another pause and more looks to the doctor. I laughed and asked the female student if she had panties like these too since we shared the same taste in bras? She said not in red no ... more laughter. The doctor smiled and said "finish the exam", the nurse looked at me, smiled, nodded her head and mouthed "Nice" – so the female student asked me to please lower my panties (yes she said panties) as well and they would do the check. After they both took turns having me turn my head and cough the doctor told me to go ahead and get dressed.

The doctor said she would take it from there and told the students that this was a good learning case, they were going to see more men wearing panties and bras so they should learn to not react or pause and that she appreciated my sense of humor about everything. I told her that it was no problem, if you couldn’t laugh, what’s the point?, she thanked me again and walked out with the students. The nurse looked at me and started laughing and said that I had given the students a story to tell and that she thought I had handled it perfectly. She asked me why I didn’t wear boxers or something and leave the bra off today. I looked at her, smiled, and said, it’s part of me, I don’t hide it or deny it if I’m asked about it, they are just clothes. She laughed, smiled and said “good for you, be yourself and face the world with a smile right?" She stopped, turned back to me and said "Oh and by the way, I DO have that same pair of panties and mine ARE red." We both had a good laugh and a nice conversation on the way to the counter.

Again, apologies for the book but I wanted to share a positive and humorous experience.

Platinum Member
    Hi Heather , I would've liked to be a fly on the wall in the dorm that night. .oOOo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Heather what a great story of truly owning it. You go girl

Beautiful

Absolutely, be yourself

You handled it perfectly.

WOW

That's awesome great story

I admire your confidence! Well done!

You can be proud of yourself for contributing to the education of future physicians. Good story.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Heather, Great story and I enjoyed it throughly!
    Crissy

Yes there are others out there and the medical profession meets them all the time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good on you Heather. Doctors must know about you and your life so they can do their job properly and the students had a lesson they may not get in the classroom.
    As for boxers I have always refused to wear them.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Way to own it in STYLE, Heather!! Excellent story for you AND them!

What a fun story! It put a smile on my face.
    My Flickr page is at https://www.flickr.com/photos/156828173@N07/

Silver Member
    Wait, so you wore a blue bra, and red panties? Must have been a rushed morning. Of course the discussion at the bar last night was if you're matchy matchy, you must be looking to get lucky!

Awesome story Heather
    Way to go.
    Own it and have fun

But I do have to agree.
    Blue bra and red panties.
    What were you thinking.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Heather,
    The doctor handled it well , and she's right it's going to happen more , so the students will have to get use to it .

Coming out in this way does sometimes open the door for others , I had to go for an X-ray on my toes , so changed from a skirt to a pair of jeans and slip on shoes . The male radiographer came out to me during the procedure , he said he was a Goth and wore Goth makeup and clothes , like many in the UK he takes a trip to Whitby Abbey , where most Goths meet up because of the Bram Stoker connection .

A young sales guy came out to me when I was choosing female glasses , he was so relieved that he'd finally talked to someone about his CDing .

Yes, Blue bra and Red panties.
    I rarely wearing matching bras and panties, I like mixing them up, for me its just fun.
    Never have really, gf, wife, friends didn't /don't either ... with the exception of "lucky night" undies as has been mentioned.

I am a fashion police repeat offender I guess.

Silver Member
    Great story! Thanks for sharing, but I'll bet this share was even easier than what you shared argue doctors office.

Great story Heather. Good on you for not "changing out" cause you are going to the doctors.

Hi Heather,

That is such a great story on so many fronts. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hugs,
    Robin

Silver Member
    Heather, you apologized for writing a book. I sure enjoyed your first chapter! Hope others follow.

Loved the story.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Fantastic story. You handled it perfectly and everyone was better off for it.

Aspiring Member
    Heather,
    Awesome story! Congrats to you for agreeing to the med students' participation and the light-hearted sharing. The med students' takeaway - TG people are soo cool!

This sounds like a fantasy story!

Great story Heather. Well done. Thanks for sharing.