Hi everyone. So I am rolling along with hrt. I’m nearing the time that I’ll be in my own place with a new job. I believe by Christmas I’ll be full time. With that in mind I’m looking toward some of the legal issues to be handled.
I was born in Texas. With my new job I’ll either be a Maryland or New York resident. When I transition at work i would like to switch all of my HR paperwork and everything. I have a handle on getting a new drivers license in md and ny. Either will be relatively simple. (Even before grs) But my birth certificate is in Texas where you can not change your documents with out grs.
So initially I plan to go full time, get a new license in the state I currently live in. And then a year or two later after my final surgery go change my birth certificate in Texas. My question is.... will it be difficult to get Texas to recognize me as the person that birth certificate belongs to with a new social security card and drivers license? I’ve found a lot of info on state specific rules but non on being born in one state and living in another. Has anyone dealt with this? Thanks