Thread: I shouldn't complain

I shouldn't complain

So I have the house to myself for the evening. Being home alone and able to dress isn’t that unusual for me except tonight I’ve decided to dress up a little bit more than I usually might and put of a lace dress and matching strappy heels, corset and hip padding. Normally I’d slip on a skirt, top, semi casual sort of thing.

So yes it’s nice to be dressed to the nines but the downside is, I’m trapped within 4 walls. As someone who’s used to getting out and about, opportunity arising, there is that feeling of emptiness. I’m back to those days before I started to venture out, experiencing that longing for something more.

Look I shouldn’t really be glum about this, it’s just, well it’s just a tad boring having little to do except go online or watch TV, both of which I don’t need to dress to do. Perhaps I should have gone casual as usual and then I might not of felt this was perhaps just a waste of effort.

Oh hell, enough self-pity already. I am going to dress down in a bit anyway as it’ll be dark in an hour or so and I’ve got washing on the line to bring in. Strappy heels aren’t the best thing for that. It’ll be nice just to feel some night air on the legs for a few minutes at least.

So just to add a question. Does anyone else get the house bound blues, especially if you've yet to venture out?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, I definitely get that feeling when I'm dressed but not going out. It's been tough since I broke my leg to even get dressed up, but now that I've mostly healed, I don't have the opportunities for dressing with my wife at home. Having gone out several times means that just being at home is not the same anymore. So I do feel a bit blue when this happens, but I try to keep my spirits up and have a good time even though I wish I were out and about.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have an idea go out anyway.

Oh complain away Helen. There's a big mix of interests here, and it depends how much you're getting from the actual process of dressing in itself. I know that's a big part of the value for many, for others it's just a means to an end. I'm sort of towards the latter end.

If I put a lot of effort in and don't get to do anything with it except slouch around the house then it seems, not pointless, but the "return on investment" is low let's say. So I do hear what you're saying. I mostly just do casual at home now unless it's an occasion or plan. Where I feel house-bound is if I'm slouching around in a skirt but no hair or makeup. I don't do MIAD so I won't leave the house like that, so I'll have to change in one direction or the other.
    Last edited by Eemz; 05-17-2019 at 12:01 PM. Reason: MIAD / MAID typo

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Indeed. Can't even go out in the backyard for fear of the neighbors seeing me. I probably wouldn't care so much about that if it didn't have job repercussions. That's just the way it is, for now.

Yes! Too often, it is such a waste to get all dolled up and not go anywhere. And yes laundry on the line out back can't easily be done in heals if it is even possible to walk on grass. Being a mostly closet case is frustrating at times. Good luck, I feel for you

Being stuck inside does stink. We've all been there. As for me I finally said enough and I started to venture out. So far no repercussions and at this point in my life I just have to be me

Ohhhhh. Yes. Definitely get the house bound blues
    If it over takes me too much. I may sneak out for a drive
    Under the cover of darkness.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I do understand how you feel , making the most of the precious few hours , I've been there and lived it . It's lovely but also daunting once you have total freedom , I have the chance to dress to the nines everyday but I don't because it wouldn't then be special . It's funny how the situation changes , going from picking something pretty or maybe a little sexy because you have only limited time to make the most of it to picking items that will see you through the day . I don't really need any more heels and I only shop for dressy items occasionally , smart but workable clothes and wearable shoes that you can spend the day comfortably in .

No I don't get the house bound blues because I know my time isn't limited .

Not House bound... more like venue bound.
    Now that we've retired and moved to the hills there aren't many places to go dressed to the 9's. People just don't wear fancy dresses and such here unless it's New Year's or a wedding.
    I find I wake up some days and just want to sit at my makeup table and go all out, put on some sexy lingerie, don my favorite cocktail dress and slip into my best heels. Then I think the same thing, "where would I go, what would I do?". When I answer, "well I could wash the car or do the laundry" it just takes the wind our of my sails and I dab on light makeup, fix my hair, grab a bra and panty set, slip into a pair of jeans and a simple blouse and have breakfast. Then I decide whether I'll start the laundry before I wash the car or should I go to Walmart first.

Previously I could have dolled up and gone strolling about Nordstom's and fit right in, but those fancy outfits just don't make it at True Value and NAPA. It's not that I don't want to, it just seems like a bother when there's no where to go.
    Wish I could find a group that gets together here in NEPA.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm a past master on house bound blues. Mine and Wifeling's situation being such that our daily lived experience is the same as you describe, Helen.
    I do sympathise. I've changed my clothes buying habits because I don't go out dressed currently. I mean I like evening gowns as much as the next crossdresser but just to sit and watch 'Gogglebox'? Erm... My wife has argued this point too. Why would I bother? She neatly skirts the issue that my primary reason for not going out dressed is consideration for her feelings.
    Still I have plenty of nice, less formal stuff. And if in occasion my shoes are a little mucj for just mooching around the house, we'll, better that than never getting to wear such lovely things.

Platinum Member
    I will agree getting all dolled up as if you're going to a party and then self isolating oneself can be a total drag. My wife recently had gone out of state which gave me eight nights and nine days to be en femme whenever I wanted. Under the cover of darkness I did go out for evening strolls in dresses and heels. Frankly, after the initial rush and the feeling of the cool breeze caressing my legs, it all became rather boring. Sure, I got to stroll to my heart's desire. Did I really get any chores accomplished? Not a thing. When my wife works for the day I do get the opportunity to be en femme for seven plus hours. I find it a lot more rewarding to do some baking, meal preparation, domestic chores, etc en femme.

Maybe there is some thrill to escaping the domicile en femme, but, it can become somewhat mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post

So just to add a question. Does anyone else get the house bound blues, especially if you've yet to venture out?
    Oh yes Helen, I do. I have been an underdresser (wearing panties) for 17 years. That in itself is no problem but for the last 3 years I have been dressing fully and, as you say, it's housework and tv. I was in a cami and shorts all day yesterday, wig and earrings too and when it came time to check the mailbox, I had to take my forms out, wig & earrings off and slip a teeshirt over my cami. It's silly because there was nobody around. Fear is the thing, us closet dressers are a frightened bunch.

That disappeared some time ago for me, I just go out shopping in casual clothes and buy a few groceries at Aldi or whoever. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

So for the second time this week I'm home alone for the evening. This time I've dressed a little more conservatively. Plain black skirt and green/black blouse, black tights and heels. managed to keep fairly occupied so haven't had the attack of the house bound blues. Plus both sets of neighbours are away so I can take a stroll down the garden under the cover of darkness. Every little helps.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed