Thread: Girl watching with a twist

Aspiring Member sarah_hillcrest's Avatar

Girl watching with a twist

Hi guys, first post in awhile. My cross-dressing seems to kick as soon as it warms up, which is really annoying since I look better in winter clothes. Anyway, a short story.

I'm a sucker for a cute girl, especially one that has put some effort into looking feminine. While at the grocery store yesterday a girl caught my attention from across the store. She was tall and thin, wearing a very cute purple and green floral print skater dress with a semi-open back and black capri tights, her hair was done up in thick curls and her cross body purse was a perfect match. More like going to church than the store. Something about her really intrigued me.

A few minutes later I saw her in another aisle with a short round person in a button up shirt, jeans, and buzz cut. Before I even saw the face I was sure that I was looking at a woman. I thought, well that seems to be the way of it with lesbian couples, one super feminine, the other super masculine. Both in their early 20s I'd imagine.

Later I was spending a great deal of time looking for a certain type of potato chip when they came down the aisle. They were talking and laughing, making jokes about the chips and snacks. When I heard the pretty girl's voice I realized that she was not a natural girl, though they had a decent girl voice. That's when I realized what that made me so curious in the first place, everything she was wearing was brand new and showed zero signs of wear. Her mannerisms were very feminine, but on closer inspection she didn't have boobs, or hips though the dress was doing a good job making it less obvious.

It was interesting to imagine their lives, were they a transgender couple? Did they just like to crossdress? What really made me think was how much more convincing the trans-girl was, I didn't even realize until I heard the voice, had she been alone or not talking I don't think I would have guessed. The trans-boy was way easier to spot which really surprised me, I had always assumed that a female could more easily pass as a male.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That has happened to me a few times and yes its an interesting twist and quite refreshing.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah , Been there and done that too, t can really play tricks with your mind.

That happened to me in WAL*MART of all places. >>>>>>>>>Orchid ..00..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Very interesting indeed, it’s actually the type of relationship I would love to have

As a note, I actually see very few butch/lipstick lesbian couples. Right now I’m at one of the worlds largest pride festivals and most of the lesbian couples don’t fall at all in the dynamic you’re talking about.

Yeah that's probably an over generalization, I don't have any statistics to back it up, but I know I've seen it before.

Sarah, I love in the city and see this type of couple every once in a while. Maybe once a year.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yes, if you can do a general impression of a female by your basic shape, voice, and mannerisms you will "pass."

I think the idea that lesbian couples have a butch and a femme member is a bit of a stereotype, based on our concept that a "normal" relationship has to have a male & female component. This is not always true, from my experience.
    I know a few gay and lesbian couples, where neither member is stuck in one role. And a couple that are definitely "he & she" relationships, no matter the gender.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

It is a bit of a twist, but it does help to pass the time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    I think the idea that lesbian couples have a butch and a femme member is a bit of a stereotype, based on our concept that a "normal" relationship has to have a male & female component. This is not always true, from my experience.
    I know a few gay and lesbian couples, where neither member is stuck in one role. And a couple that are definitely "he & she" relationships, no matter the gender.
    Yeah good point, I'm sure that I've seen girls together where both are feminine and didn't even bat an eye, they could be a couple, but maybe they are just friends. And who says that the two I saw were just friends, they just fit into what I expect a couple to look like with a fem/masculine component.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    A few minutes later I saw her in another aisle with a short round person in a button up shirt, jeans, and buzz cut. Before I even saw the face I was sure that I was looking at a woman. I thought, well that seems to be the way of it with lesbian couples, one super feminine, the other super masculine. Both in their early 20s I'd imagine.
    Your many assumptions are really troubling. BUT what a great opportunity to view the world differently. Could i suggest when we see people out in the world, and we aren't sure about their gender, we simply say to ourselves - "It doesn't matter." And carry on. And when we see another person we are unsure of, we say again, it doesn't matter, and again and again. The reason crossdressers, and LGBTQ+ are not accepted in society is because so many people brainwashed into putting everyone they encounter into boxes; boy/girl, man/woman, natural/trans/crossdresser, butch/lipstick. The cics-normative and heterosexism in the world is the problem. Gender roles and stereotypes prevent us from being ourselves.

If you open your eyes, you would see an amazingly diverse world. Let's be inclusive, accepting and even celebrate this diversity.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyMorgan View Post
    Your many assumptions are really troubling. BUT what a great opportunity to view the world differently. Could i suggest when we see people out in the world, and we aren't sure about their gender, we simply say to ourselves - "It doesn't matter." And carry on. And when we see another person we are unsure of, we say again, it doesn't matter, and again and again. The reason crossdressers, and LGBTQ+ are not accepted in society is because so many people brainwashed into putting everyone they encounter into boxes; boy/girl, man/woman, natural/trans/crossdresser, butch/lipstick. The cics-normative and heterosexism in the world is the problem. Gender roles and stereotypes prevent us from being ourselves.

If you open your eyes, you would see an amazingly diverse world. Let's be inclusive, accepting and even celebrate this diversity.
    I agree with the spirit of your assertion, but have different opinions about this, placing someone's gender is a biological imperative, passed down through evolution, at least that is my opinion. I don't feel like brainwashing is the correct term, I'm not even sure if I'd call it social conditioning, but I like that term, so lets say as a culture we are currently redirecting our social conditioning to be more accepting of those who fall outside the normal. Our closest relative, the chimpanzee has gender roles not that dissimilar to ours. We are moving past our evolutionary programing, or maybe this is evolution?

Like one of the things that I scratch my head at in your signature you advocate using genderless pronouns, and yet profess your love of dressing as a woman. Isn't the whole point of this to dress like a woman, to dress as a different gender role?

Anyway what I really wanted to talk about:

Over the last few years I have occasionally spotted a very unique couple with an incredible fashion style at the grocery store I posted about how they appeared to be transitioning. I saw them on 3 separate occasions and each time they both appeared more feminine.

It's been probably been 2 years since I've seen them and I assumed they moved away. Last night while grocery shopping I saw this beautiful woman in an amazing hippie style dress. I was totally checking her out from a distance, she was alone and I eventually started thinking that was one half of the couple I always used to see. Eventually I was standing kind of near the checkout lanes waiting for my wife to get something. She walked up and turned towards me. She asked me if I was in line. I shook my head no, I almost started to say that I loved her dress. The people at the checkout lane asked her a few questions and she spoke much more comfortably than a couple years ago.

2XL-3XL-Plus-Size-Boho-Women-Ethnic-Gypsy-Embroidery-Long-Maxi-Hippie-Dress-Elastic-Waist-V-Neck.jpg
    Gosh I'd love to wear a dress like that. The thing that annoys me so much is that I'm so impressed with this person's courage, but they probably think that everyone who notices them is negative about it. I did everything I could to just act as natural and cool as possible, but I just wish I could send telepathic signals that said, "I think you are so awesome." or something.

And if your thinking, wow Sarah's life must be incredibly dull then you'd be right!
    Last edited by sarah_hillcrest; 05-28-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Ya know, Sarah, instead of wasting energy trying to figure out if she was once a he, or whatever, you have simply said

"Excuse me Miss, I don't want to seem out of line, but YOU make that dress look wonderful!"

and leave it at that.

As to the confusion regarding the 'them/they' pronouns, many people are non-binary, or gender fluid, and although they may present as one gender, they are most comfortable being referred by neutral pronouns.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

No figuring out needed, like I said I've been seeing them now for years. In fact her transition has proceeded to the point where I didn't recognize her at first. Yeah I know them/they, and I know she that goes by he and he that goes by she and everything in between. I'm going to throw out a little something here, and again, this is just a thought experiment, because I'm all about equality. Big brother says 2+2=5, now it can equal whatever you want it to. Regardless I do like that complement, maybe I'll use it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_hillcrest View Post
    Like one of the things that I scratch my head at in your signature you advocate using genderless pronouns, and yet profess your love of dressing as a woman. Isn't the whole point of this to dress like a woman, to dress as a different gender role?
    What a great opportunity to explain the different concepts of gender identity and expression.

They/them ~ gender identity
    Dressing as a woman ~ gender expression

Someone can be non-binary and dress in any clothing they feel comfortable. It's very liberating.

I'm not advocating anything in my auto signature. However, I do advocate in breaking down gender roles.
    Last edited by BettyMorgan; 05-30-2019 at 03:00 AM.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.