Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Formal Dresses

Formal Dresses

I think it would be sensational to attend a formal event, wearing a beautiful gown and all the accoutrements. I would want to spend the day getting ready, hair, makeup, nails .... Dress to the Nine's

So, if you were to begin planning such an outing what type of venue or event would you look for to attend?
    What style or type of dress?

In the fog,

Molly

Probably a Cross dresser event or a Imperial court event in the gay community. I went to one of those years ago and talk about gowns They were just amazing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Except for "the day getting ready" part of it, been there, done that.

The Gala Ball on Saturday night of the Keystone Conference is just that.

Plus, my DC CD social group usually does that for our Christmas meetup.

Tonight, the theme is the Kentucky Derby (derby hats suggested).
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

A prom, quinceanera or wedding dress. I prefer any type of ball gown with a large hoop skirt.

Heck, I will bring them all for a long photo shoot in a picturesque park setting.

its gonna depend on how formal and what kind of event. Daytime events will differ from nighttime. Different types of events will call for different outfits. ”Formal” is pretty relative. For some going out to the theatre could be formal, for others it’s the ball or nothing...

Yes, as Sometimes Steffi said, the Gala Ball at Keystone Conference was one of the nights of my life.
    But next year I will be going all out. I felt I wasn’t formal enough.
    Love you all! Karen

Aspiring Member
    AID Atlanta used to sponsor a charity Cotillion ball complete with a debutante competition. Guests were required to pay a minimum of $75 to attend and were required to dress in female formal attire. There was a strict dress code and guests were warned to be in complete female attire and anyone with facial hair could be turned away.

I would have loved to have attended an event. I would dress as a debutante myself. You can still find some AID Atlanta Cotillion videos on YouTube.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    The King's Ball to meet and dance with the Prince, of course!
    P1160518 (2) (640x631).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Molly , To me a wedding or a prom comes to mind. >Orchid ...+.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

If this is what you want ... please do it.... It is possible.

Live life..

Sorry I've been thru a lot in the last week.

I will be attending a very close friend of mine's wedding at the end of the year. I'm making I'm my dress as well as altering the wedding dress.

I will be attending such an event this fall, as my authentic self for the first time. It's not ball gown formal, but a smashing cocktail dress will be added to my wardrobe for the occasion. And yes, makeover, hair, nails will consume the day of. Girl clothes aren't usually anything special to me these days, but this will be a little bit so.

I haven’t worn a formal gown but I’ve work cocktail dresses and heels to a few semi formal events. Prep time for me is around three hours when I’m getting really dolled up. Bear in mind I’m three years post hormones and I’ve been out full time for 18 months so I may or may not need to do nail polish and I definitely don’t need to use breast forms.

I’m not quite passable and everyone who knows me knows I’m trans and I’ve never had an issue. Today I went to a Kentucky Derby party in a spring dress and a big sun hat.

My advice? Find an event where you will have open minded tolerant friends and have a good time.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Platinum Member
    If I was fifty years younger I'd love to do it. I use to think about the different outfits I'd wear as a participant in the Miss America Pageant. I'd love to be attired in a floor length red evening gown.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Did the formal gown experience at Sparkle Ball in Manchester a few years ago,wore floor length evening gown felt quite wonderful,was lovely too,seeing all the other ladies in their finery.We all had our formal pictures taken on the grand marble staircase

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Read only
    Molly,
    If it's any help my avatar was taken at my social group's Xmas party in a large hotel mixed with with the general public . My first time out was in a full length ballgown for a dinner/dance . It sounds like heaven but the first few times are full of mixed thoughts , there are so many things to think about and you have to expect the unexpected because things do go wrong .

My ideal outings are the parties and dances where we get to mix with the public , I've danced most of the night with GGs from other party groups . Long ballgowns appear to be on the way out, your choice is dictated very much by your confidence level . Bare arms and shoulders can be a step too far the first time , I dared myself with strapless and did get away with it .

On my wish list is cruising as Teresa , the evenings are something special , I was so envious seeing the ladies in all their finery .

So Kelly,
    I'm gonna be nosey.... Is the event your attending in Houston? Is it a pubic event?
    Just thinking

Molly

Definitely would wear one of my princess or southern belle dresses to a formal ball if I was ever given a chance!

My old support group had a Christmas party every year and that's exactly how we dressed.
    Beautiful cocktail dresses, gowns, gorgeous hair and makeup and it was wonderful!

The first year I found a gorgeous spaghetti strap gown, fire engine red, floor length and it fit perfectly. Strapless bra, waist cincher with garters, sheer black stocking and 4" black stiletto pumps. My wife did my hair and I wore it up with lots of sparkly things she found. Long chandelier earrings and matching necklace and perfect makeup. All we needed was the Red Carpet. It was so much fun.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I have a couple really nice dresses waiting for the right occasion. I may have to go out of my way to find a venue to wear them.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Molly, I'd love to wear a formal gown. While I tend to dress in cocktail dresses, I have never gotten to wear a gown.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Wells View Post
    So Kelly,
    I'm gonna be nosey.... Is the event your attending in Houston? Is it a pubic event?
    Just thinking

Molly
    Hi, Molly.

I'm talking about the Transgender Unity Banquet. It most certainly is a public event, held every September "...to acknowledge and honor our allies and advocates."
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    In MY case, likely only a Womanless Beauty Contest.---- This is just a test photo session here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't wait to go out for the first time. I know that day is coming soon. I think I want my first outfit to be a dress but I'm not sure what event or where I would wear it to. Probably just have a normal day and see how that feels.

Aspiring Member
    I belong to a charity that has regular black tie fundraising events, raffle, band etc. I love the way the women dress and would love to be like them Managed to get a black sequined long dress from Ebay for <£30. I love wearing it but need an even i am brave enough to wear it.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

My wife father was from Vienna. She still has family there that we visit every couple of years. We plan on going in 2020 for the waltz season.