Thread: First Time Outside!

First Time Outside!

It was spur of the moment. I had been feeling a little down because of everything weighing on my mind recently and my mom suggested that we go for a walk. At first I was going to do this presenting fully as male except for my jewelry but then I decided that I need to gain experience being out in society and that there's no time like the present. It was a beautiful day so I figured it would be a great time to try. I did my makeup and put on my favorite top and headed out the door. Before I left I realized that I was feeling a lot better after changing. As I left the house it hit me "Holy S________ I'm outside. Wearing women's clothing and I became anxious, but those feelings quickly faded to elation. I smiled and talked to my mother as we walked around a track path at a local park. There were intermittent bouts of anxiety like "Will they notice? Will they say anything? Do they know? Do they care? But mostly I felt great. And my hair isn't even styled feminine yet. Then we went to a local nutritional drink shop and bought a couple of low calorie smoothies. I had a banana vanilla shake and she had a strawberry one. I even placed the order. My mom said my voice sounded fine ( I have been putting a lot of work into it lately). Then we went to a local botanical garden for a shorter cool down walk. Altogether a great day. Nobody noticed or cared. I received no discernible stares or comments either way. To anyone who has never stepped outside, If I can do it, you can do it! There's a big beautiful world out there just waiting for you to experience it!

IMG_4429 (1).jpg IMG_4431 (1).jpg

Hi Briannia,

Sounds like you had a great time! Congratulations! Weather looks fabulous!

Marion

Brianna, That is wonderful that you went for it and your Mom, well she is a very good person and you need to give her a bunch of hugs. Congrats on a big milestone!
    Crissy

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is awesome I am so glad you got out and enjoyed the outdoors with your Mom.
    As you found out there is nothing to be afraid of so next time will be easier.

Close enough to Mother’s Day to count. Your Mom is lucky to have you for a new found daughter, and you are most fortunate indeed to have a Mom who is so loving and understanding. I join all of us here in saluting your Mom and you as you explore this wonderous relationship.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You do have a great Mom so be very thankful.

I am! I tell her every day several times! I love her so much She's the entire reason I felt strong enough to do this!

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    It's taken me 20 years but over the last 9 years I go out in fem clothes and my padded bra as much as possible. Even when I have to dress as a male, my toes are ALWAYS painted and I wear toe rings and anklets with flip flops.

Keep it up! The best of life is just beginning!

Congrats! That's wonderful news to start my day with glad mom snapped a photo too

Brianna, Well done you! that first hurdle no so very well jumped for you a milestone now passed, so now when you go out again it will be easier for you, by the way you must have a wondeful mum to support you like this.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Brianna,

Congratulations on becoming a role model, as you say, "You can do it". Yes those feelings of anxiety will be there from time to time but it gets to feel ever more the natural state being out dressed.

Take it steady, seek your wonderful Mom's council, build on the foundations you've laid together. Perhaps a bunch if thank you flowers might be in order?

Platinum Member
    Hi Brianna , You are out there now and there's no turning back anymore, Enjoy. >Orchid ..OO..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Brianna, Congrats on getting out. It only gets easier.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congratulations on your first steps outside! You're doing great and you have a wonderful mom. This is awesome!

When I think back to my relationship with my mother I'm even more in awe of yours. Good for you!!

congrats now that your out and about have fun fun fun in your travels

You go girl.
    Angie

Brianna, just keep it up you will do well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Brianna,
    I'm so proud of you and isn't it great your mum gave you that little nudge .

How many of us have used that put down line , " If I can do it , you can do it !" Most of us fear the worse but it hardly ever happens , it's mostly in the mind .

Always a great time to go out, great job!

First time I go out was so refreshing for me. I don't regret that.

Enjoy your life now