Thread: Never know who you'll run into!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar

Never know who you'll run into!

Day off from work today, just puttering around with household stuff & enjoying some much-needed chilling out.

In guy-mode, but wearing all women's stuff. Very basic, conservative & "masculine"... Pullover hoodie in navy, black work-out leggings with a subtle texture, & black running shoes.

In any event, throw out my trash in the dumpster, and coming back inside. Lo & behold, there's a cute & fit GG coming down the interior stairs, wearing some gray leggings.

And right behind her? Assuming her boyfriend.

I hold the glass door open for her, and she thanks me. I look at the guy again, ready to pass off the door to him -- and it's someone I work with!

He grins & is all like, "Hey, what's up!"

Didn't even realize he lives here. (Assigned parking spots, I recognize the car they got into, and he was driving. I'm going to say they live together in my building.)

Did he notice my leggings? Not that it really matters, considering. But I don't believe so. I'm just glad I didn't choose to wear my hot-pink floral ones today.

Do guys wear leggings as stand-alone pants, during non-fitness scenarios? Not around here, they don't... Well, one does, anyway.

But like I said, my outfit today is a very non-descript & "masculine" casual-athletic look, luckily.

However, I'm not really "out" at work. And I choose to keep it that way, thanks.

He's a cool guy, though. I chat with him sometimes. Different shifts, but sometimes we overlap a bit. Also, he's got a different job title & responsibilities, and we don't really work together, per se. From what I know, he mainly keeps to himself... Which is kinda good for this.

Now, did *his GF* notice my leggings? Well, she's a GG, after all... They tend to be a bit more observant when it comes to this stuff, heh.

Afterwards, he may have said something to her, like: "Hey, I work with that guy. I didn't know he lives here!"

And perhaps she replied with, "Oh, cool. And does he wear leggings at work? Ha ha! "

"Wait... HUH??" he exclaims.

Doubtful, but I suppose always a small possibility.

Like I said, given this incident, it's nothing, really. I'm not "worried" or anything. But it certainly could have turned out a bit different.

Just something for any/all of us to be mindful of?

I understand this sort of thing happens to a number of us, at one point or another. But also just a friendly reminder.

Aspiring Member
    I wouldn't worry. I know a guy who is almost certainly not a crossdresser in the usual sense who wears patterned leggings for comfort. No one cares. If you get a hard time roll with it - some people are looking for ways to get at others but this guy sounds cool.

I think you’re safely in the gray zone of hipster or metrosexual male dress. Just roll with it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wouldn't worry just act like its no big deal.
    Its only a big deal if YOU make it one.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy Out, when you're less than completely out can get confusing!

Which is why I call myself a "closet dresser" even tho I'm out in public 2 or 3 times a month!

What I mean by that is, I don't EVER go out to my mail box dressed. Or, anywhere within 20 miles of where I live! So, the odds of someone seeing Sherry who knows me r like 5 million to one! (I live in the LA area.)

If u want to be caught, just keep going out dressed where u live, Ellbee. Eventually, U WILL BE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

If u want to be caught, just keep going out dressed where u live, Ellbee. Eventually, U WILL BE!
    Caught...As a ???
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

What Tracii said.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Banned Read only
    Ellbee,
    It's so good not having to worry about these problems anymore . I've had two incidents recently where I've met people who knew me in male mode but didn't recognise me as Teresa . An old friend of forty+ years and the guy whose going to fit my woodburner .

I had to smile about Sherry's comment about not even going to the mailbox, I finally met my postman face to face recently , so he asked me point blank what to call me now , he has seen me from a distance but not close up .

Rogina does pose the interesting question , " Caught as what ?" Well my reply to the postman was Terri will do fine .
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-17-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Black leggings and a hoodie? A home? I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I used to wear leggings often while just hanging out around home. Also the guy a couple doors down wears them too. I see him headed out to his garage/workout area every so often.

I wouldn't even give it another thought. He probably thought you just got back from a run.

I wear leggings out and about all the time instead of pants. I wouldn't give it another thought.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Don't panic, I wouldn't change your dress sense around home.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just recently started wearing leggings out and about and as far as I can tell no one really pays attention to me. I like wearing them cause they're so comfortable. Most of the time I wear a blouse and not trying to pass as female, at my age I don't really care what others think .

Thanks for the replies, all.

Heck, for all I know, maybe he already wears his GF's leggings in privacy -- with or without her knowledge.

Or maybe the idea is now "mysteriously" in his head...

Nah, like I said, I really don't care. It did catch me off-guard, though. I wasn't expecting to see him there, and I'm sure the inverse is true.

If I had been wearing pink floral ones, and it was somebody else from work? Could have been a slightly different story.

But, nothing is changing with how I dress.

Anyway, more of a "warning" to others here, than anything.

As the title says: Never know who you'll run into!

Platinum Member
    Hi Ellbee Who knows what he may have been wearing under his male clothes. >Orchid ...+..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    I had to smile about Sherry's comment about not even going to the mailbox,
    My mail box is located across the street.

I have a new neighbor a few doors down. I noticed the truck parked out front. In our industry the trucks tend to have some distinct features. A manufacture in our industry opened a DC in our town, this is the manager’s house.

I don't know if he has seen me dressed? I do know he knows. A couple months ago, A guy I use to work with was at the DC asking about me. A good friend of mine was there at the time. My friend told him to mind his own business and if he had any questions he knows where I work.

Where I live is not the same as Sherry, I would have to drive a lot more than 20 miles not to be known.

I’m out, so no worries.

The guy? Karma is raining down on him right now. It has nothing to do with me at all, it is all he’s own doing.

Leggings have become my pajama bottoms during the winter. And often I leave them on for a few hours after waking up. I might sneak through the back door and go into the garage when wearing black leggings; but I'll never do that when wearing the pink ones! Going to the mailbox - I don't wanna be seen wearing any obviously fem attire.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Seems to me that obvious vs not obvious ... pink vs grey might be the answer to out vs not out? Yes you will be "caught" if wearing pink but caught doing what? The question comes to mind "Are you man enough to wear pink?" Point being is that your we choose our battles and one of the ways we do that is by not wearing the pink. Leggings are so common and worn by everyone that wants to wear them. Like sweatshirts, blue jeans, earrings, sandals...etc.

Just wanted to follow up on this, in case anyone was curious...

I actually haven't seen him since -- either at work, or around at home.

I also haven't experienced anything different from my co-workers, either them saying something or treating me differently.

Like I said, I don't believe he even noticed. And even if he did, they were just black leggings... Maybe not the most manliest thing to wear, but also not a skirt & heels, either.

And as I mentioned, he's pretty cool/chill, on the mature side, and kinda keeps to himself at work, anyway.

In my area, there are a lot of people that ride bikes, and there are often groups of people that come to ride the roads, real 'tour de France' type curvy roads.
    It isn't unusual to see men wearing those lycra-spandex riding outfits. Ya know, those skin tight, body hugging, shiny outfits that highlight every muscle as they pump those pedals....

Sorry, lost my train of thought for a moment.

Anyway, my point is that leggings aren't that different from exercise wear, and unless they are in a colour that screams "feminine", you probably have nothing to worry about
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I wear leggings to the gym every day to workout. Black, patterned, different colors etc. Most of the people are used to it and no one seems to care; at least they haven't said anything. Actually several women compliment me. On the way home I usually stop at the market, home depot, etc. Not a problem. And I have some lighter pairs that I wear around the house, to get the mail. I honestly don't think most people today care. I'm sure some people look askance; we are all too busy with our daily lives to give it more than a passing thought.