Thread: Small steps forward with my wife

Small steps forward with my wife

Hi Ladies,

My wife found out about my crossdressing about two and a half years ago and we continue to slowly work our way through things. It's not always easy and there are setbacks but over the last couple of weekends there have been a couple of small positive signs.

A couple of weeks ago we were swapping out our winter clothes for our summer clothes and as I was putting my winter clothes away in a bin for storage she noted that I was putting my "he and she clothes together". She said this in a very light and pleasant tone, there was nothing negative intended. I noted at that point that I should probably wash my women's clothes before I stored them and she told me to just throw them in the laundry basket and she would do them. A little while later she was going through some of her spring clothes and took out a really pretty sleeveless top. She commented that she while really liked it she wasn't comfortable in it (not that or wan't a comfortable top, she just didn't think it flattered her) so she asked me if I wanted it. Of course I said yes.

The following weekend we were at Target doing some errands. We had finished up getting all of the things on our list so my wife wanted to look at the clothes for an upcoming trip. So we were walking around the women's department when my wife surprised me. My stepdaughter is pregnant so out of the blue my wife asked me "Do you want to poke around here while I go over to maternity?". So I spent the next 5 - 10 minutes idly browsing the racks. When I rejoined my wife over in maternity she asked me if I found anything and I told hey I found a top that I liked that would go well with a blank and white maxi skirt I have. She asked me if I was going to get it and in the cart it went.

What made these small things so important to me was the matter of fact way in which they happened and my wife's manner and tone. She treated everything as perfectly normal and we had a great day each time.

Thanks for indulging me while I blather

Elizabeth

That's just beautiful anything in particular change her approach or thinking or anything? Or has it all been a slow burn? So happy for you!

Hi Elizabeth,

This is such a wonderful story.

Robin

Silver Member
    Thats a beautiful story. Your wife is more evolved than mine. She ses me dressed nearly every day and seemsokay but won't go out in public with me dressd or shop for clothes with me. Lucky you. I hope your progress continues.

that's my dream day shopping, hope it happens someday

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

BTW those weren't small they were HUGE!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Elizabeth, I'm glad that you are experiencing some positive steps forward.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

That’s huge Elizabeth, knowing of the struggles. I think it’s that over time the SO sees that we are still the same person. It happened faster for me but my SO may be an exception . Congrats
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Excellent Elizabeth. Every step forward is big.

Your experience with your wife is very similar to what I've experienced with mine Elizabeth. Thanks for sharing.

Karen

Blather away, Elizabeth. It's what we're here for. If this lot can put up with my nonsense then your tales of triumph are more than welcome.
    My own Wifeling GG has been supportive at turns, not so much other times. It's always meant a huge amount that she's tried so hard, even buying me dresses and heels. I cherish those moments and do my best to never take her level of acceptance for granted.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-23-2019 at 04:27 PM.

You have a great wife

That is great Elizabeth.

I love those kind of experiences with my wife also. I would imagine we are in a similar place. This is not at all meant to be a "rain on your parade" comment, more just sharing my experience. I've found that my wife's acceptance and willingness to be positive about our situation can change from day to day. I am trying to learn to sense her "mood" towards my dressing and enjoy the good days and try not to aggravate on the bad days. It can be very challenging on heavy pink fog days, but I find that if I can be sensitive and accommodating, that we seem to have more good days than bad.
    Just my 2 cents
    Hugs
    MeeShell
    I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body.
    "not that there's anything wrong with that"-George Costanza
    I just feel pretty in pink

Platinum Member
    Thanks for the wonderful story. I suppose there may be hope for me and a lot of others.

Elizabeth, that's a lovely post.
    For your wife to offer an item of her clothing is a special gesture, which certainly suggests progress. Enjoy the feeling, but as Meeshell mentioned above, remember to still take things slowly.
    Next thing your wife will be wanting to borrow your fem clothes!
    Best wishes.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

That's awesome to hear. Its a difficult thing for all of us to deal with, as both husband and wife. I think we're all hot and cold on the whole crossdressing issue. Do you dress in front of her?

Platinum Member
    Hi Elizabeth You are vert lucky to have such a wonderfulWife. >Orchid ..oo..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's awesome Elizabeth. keep it slow girl don't spook her.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    That's awesome Elizabeth. keep it slow girl don't spook her.
    Angie
    Angie G, the SO Whisperer. 😁

Elizabeth, thanks for sharing your story. Moments to celebrate for sure. Sounds like you have a very good wife. Maybe to.e to celebrate her as well. Cheers.
    Life is too short to be boring...Alexandra

Thank you all do much for the kind words and sage advice. You girls are great!

Elizabeth

These are small things between two cisgender people. But if the context of crossdessing, this is actually quite big.
    I can only speak of my experience, but I suspect your wife knows you are the same amazing, loving person she married. You might wear gender non-conforming clothing sometimes but inside, you're still the same person.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Small steps is what we ask for. Just today, my wife was looking for a casual light sportsbra, she couldn't find the last two I gave her. So I pulled one out of my drawer and gave it to her. She said thank you, without the hostility I used to get when my female clothes came up. Now I have to go buy some more for me or steal mine back from her laundry.