Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Came out to the wife today

Came out to the wife today

Long winded but........

So today after breakfast at home I told my wife I had something to get off my chest.
    she said what's up?
    I said its not a bad thing, but also I'm not sure where this will go either.

..........Babe since the age of 8 I've been crossdressing, nobody knows about it and through the years I've dealt with it but recently the urge its come back strong. Its no longer fair to you not knowing or me keeping it bottled up.

stare and silence (my entire being is now in knots!)

She replied babe WHY have you kept that bottled up for that long? why wait 10years into us? you could have told me this before now and have been happy with yourself all this time.

I explained about the big social taboo and how society wasn't excepting how they are now.
    I said you wear my clothes nobody bats an eye, I put on one feminine thing and society cries foul.
    she agreed with me that it is all about how society wants to view it, but that there is nothing wrong with it that if it makes me happy then she's happy. she said she loves me no matter what and very happy I told her. then she asked some questions like how much dressing and how far have I gone, where are my things can she see them (which she then said well not now but one of these days) will I ever get to see her which I replied only if and when you're ready its up to you. I stated to her I'm not gay nor do I wish to be with a man nor do I want to transition, I just enjoy dressing up. I also said recently you've been to a few drag shows and it kinda said to me that you might be ok with it but still wasn't sure because that was someone not in your home but this was my best time to tell her.

she hugged me and again said she loved me. told me to get my things in one place and said one thing you MUST do is not let our child (under 10) see any of the items because she doesn't want to explain or have to say oh mommy brought that the other day.

now the real interesting part!
    I get my things together and I had some oops buys that were too small but her size, so I said I'm throwing these out but if you like you can have these because they don't fit me. She replied oh yes! put them in the room I will try them on later (she liked my choice of panties. we sat around for a few and talked some more.

now with that all said and done I said I'm going to the store I'll be back and if you think of anything while I'm gone feel free to ask when I return. when she asked what store I said lane Bryant would you like to ride (she shops there too) she said no you go have fun this time, but what are you getting I replied some panties that fit cause you have most of them now and we both bust out laughing. Even opened a charge account there because now I can get the mailings

in the end for today, I've just made room for my panties in my drawer. I've had a pair on all day and think I will every day forth.....

SO glad I finally told her now the WEIGHT is off!!!!!!! and we are both happy.

thanks for listening girls.

Congratulations and it looks like you have a wonderful wife. Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations on talking to the wife! Glad it turned out well! Never had an problems when I was married but I proceeded very slowly.

It is so wonderful that you have an accepting and supportive spouse. That makes all the difference in the world.

Gold Member
    Congratulations, You did a great thing. Just go slow, ask her what you should wear.
    Maybe like my wife did, she would order outfits from Lane Bryant for me to wear.
    We had a lot of fun that way.
    Good Luck
    Rader

Congratulations. That is a huge step forward. Glad she is so accepting.

Thank you everyone, I’m still in shock it went so well and she’s so accepting. Radar thats good advice, she did ask for my sizes Incase she sees something while she’s out (her words). I will definitely take any advice from her openly.

Wow so cool,

I told my wife two years ago after 35 of years of marriage and and she said it was like she got hit by a bus.
    Unfortunately I'm back in the closet and she throws digs at least ones a month.
    My two adult children know but haven't seen me accept for a few Halloweens when they were younger and say "So what".
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

glad it is ok, proceed very slowly though

You have a good wife - let her know that and keep talking to her

I've destroyed all my relationships with my honesty, wish I'd kept my big mouth shut

You have a very good wife and just do not scare her off now that she knows. Slow is absolutely the way to go and show your appreciation to her for her acceptance. Good luck and let us know occasionally how you are doing.
    Crissy

luuv2dress, I'm so glad it went well for you. You are a lucky girl.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Congrats, honesty is the best policy

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    AWESOME and Congratulations, Luuv2dress!

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I'm glad thing worked out. Just curious,do you think she suspected ? Can you imagine fast forwarding 10 to 15 years would the outcome have been the same ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Ease in to it slowly. Don't let it overwhelm every opportunity. Preserve the ten years of your relationship during nondisclosure as just as special. Remember, it's about you and not about you. If that makes any sense at all.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

W
    O
    W
    Congratulations! I am very happy for you.

That's great! It's so nice to hear stories like this.

As others advised, move forward but slowly. A spouse likes it when you ask for their advice and now you two have a nice little secret between yourselves which I think helps a relationship. Bad part is now you'll both do more shopping.

Very awesome!

Treasure her! She loves you dearly and wants you to be happy which is wonderful. Enjoy going shopping with her, it’s fun and a great way to spend time together.

Platinum Member
    Happy it worked out for you. Hope you will be able share your journey with her.

So over the past 10 years, when we’re you dressing and how far had you gone?

So glad in went so awesomely well for you. My story is the same you just told us. it doesn't get any better then this hun.
    Angie