Thread: Found something interesting!

Found something interesting!

As you know, I am from NC! I found a form on my soon to be new endo's website! It is a North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles Sex Designation Form dated 2019! It has to signed by one of the following: 1) Physician, Psychiatrist, or Physician's Assistant 2) Licensed therapist, counselor, or Psychologist 3) Case worker or Social worker!
    Toward the bottom of the form it states: submit the sex designation form OR a valid US passport with the requested sex OR birth certificate with the requested sex OR court order by US court granting change of sex or gender! Notice the word OR!
    You also must surrender the old license, pay the fees for a new or amended license and have a new photo taken!
    Change of name is another form and process!
    That is really quite simple for here in NC!
    I am almost proud of them! LOL
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Don't fall for it Lana Mae. It is a trap. As soon as you walk outside they will arrest you, put you in jail and feed you Red Slaw.!

Platinum Member
    It seems a bit too convenient. Contact the state directly and see what the heck is up.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hmmmm. Does it have to be a practicing physician? And would you like barbecue with that red slaw?

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    The politicians say what they will say, but this is an example of what those who actually provide services can do. I've seen the name and gender change process become more reasonable just in the last year or two in the state I was born in, Montana, so it just may be that simple. Or it's the Deep State attempting to subvert the will of the people, one or the other.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Jeri Ann: Oh no, not that! Not red slaw...what is red slaw?
    Kim: When I am ready, I will check it out more thoroughly!
    Laura: It asks for certain numbers from those certifying the change! Oh no! Not red slaw again! What is red slaw?
    Sarah: I think it was done to simplify! Not everyone in this state is against us! LOL
    Thanks ladies for your replies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana Mae,
    Red Slaw is Cole Slaw made with Ketchup instead of Mayonnaise. I was told (duped?) into believing it is some kind of official dish in NC. When I was in NC I was was held captive by NC terrorists, one was called Igor, and force fed Red Slaw.
    Btw, you are right, not everyone in NC is against us. My surgeon, as you know, is in Raleigh.
    Last edited by Jeri Ann; 05-24-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Lana, it is a trick !! You know the old saying : "Hi, I'm from the government and I am here to help you". Jeri Ann, did your doctor here in NC trick you into eating red slaw ? FYI: I like my BBQ with red slaw

Gold Member
    Red Cabbage made in a German Restaurant is great.
    But I will pretend that I am from the "Show Me State"
    I will believe it if and when it happens.
    I have seen States will put an X for gender. Not sure what that means.
    Rader

I have actually seen several new patient forms that would have M F T. And that is in Texas. I don't know what might happen if you marked the T, maybe deport you to NC. I'm glad I can mark the F.

Rader, Red Slaw is not made with Red Cabbage. It is red from ketchup. Also, there are lots of German Restaurants in Texas. Many original settlers were German or Czech.

I am in favor of Lana Mae submitting the form, just to see what happens, but not until after her trip to Houston in a few weeks. Wouldn't want to waste a plan ticket.

As so often happens, there is a misuse of terms. In order for cabbage to transition to red slaw, it has to go through all the steps. Either red cabbage or green cabbage can transition but they have to be handled slightly differently. Without proper guidance, one can make mistakes and wish they had not started and will not be accepted. The steps to changing are important and involved chopping, sugar, vinegar, and, yes, ketchup. Without the latter it is not right to be called red slaw. Without all the ingredients, the cabbage cannot become its true self as red slaw. For cabbage to be truly trans to red slaw, patience, courage, and a good cook are necessary. In NC, there are no bathroom laws for slaw.

Uh, transitioning from cabbage to slaw is not the kind of transition we normally talk about in this section.

Let's keep in mind the OP and restrict this thread to gender markers, name change, odd occurrences and/or suspicious activity in the "Restroom State", etc.

BTW, in Texas changes are relatively easy once you have the court order. Finding a judge that will do it is kinda like playing "Find Waldo."

When you get a new license you can keep the old one but the corner is snipped off making it invalid.

Jeri Ann: Oh, you met Igor! It sounds disgusting and sorta gross! No not everyone here is against us! I have not had negative anything when out and about!
    Amy Lynn: Oh ho, a trick, huh!
    Rader: The X generally means not male nor female!
    Jeri Ann: Yeah, at least after the Houston visit! I am not ready for that yet!
    Laura: What no bathroom bill for slaw?
    Jeri Ann: I don't know how hard it is to get a court order here!
    Thanks for your response and humor Ladies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

This is a good but I got lost. Was it a out red slaw or gender mark changed...lol
    In California is really easy and take no more than 8 weeks. Same court order, SS office, dmv, etc...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

A recent change in Kansas. Now you can get your gender marker changed with a letter from a physician, therapist, or psychiatrist that states that this person identifies as male/female and I (the physician/therapist/psychiatrist) expect that this person will continue to identify that way in the future. I work part time in s gender therapist's office, we have only written one of these letters so far and don't know the outcome yet.8o

For folks talking about the X as a gender marker on legal documents, in all the cases I've seen the X is formally defined as "gender not stated." Clearly trans folks like the idea of not having to choose a box that doesn't represent them, but it's important to note that cisgender folks are also free to choose the X for whatever reason they want so there's no implication of transness (if that's a word.) To me, the more serious aspect of it is that I've never seen it enacted with any protocols protecting the folks who choose it for gender issues. For example, if you have an X on your license and you get picked up by the police, it's generally up to the cops which cells you end up in. In the ever-popular bathroom situation, an X on your license won't necessarily get you a pass -- it's going to depend on who handles the complaint and how they feel about it. At this point in 2019, if you are transfeminine, in my not-a-lawyer opinion, you get more rights and protections from having an F on your license than an X. It's something to keep in mind if the choice is offered.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Checked on the form by viewing the Trangender Equality site and it is legit but boy (girl) what you have to go through to change your name! As told elsewhere, a court order is your starting place! Hugs LM
    Life is worth living!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    It seems there are several ways to begin creating the trail of paper to support an eventually change in gender. I've encountered a couple of options within the last week or so that could become supporting documentation in any kind of court filing. While there are legal steps that need to be taken here in Utah that include a background check to show the name/gender change isn't to hide a criminal background, particularly sex offenses, there are ways to build a body of evidence that the request isn't one that is lightly considered or done on a recent whim.

I went to the allergist in my medical network the other day and after a discussion of my medications he asked if I wanted to change the gender listing on my records to Transgender. I'd not seen the option on any of the paperwork offered but thought about it for 2 or 3 seconds before agreeing. I mentioned this to my counselor/therapist and he said he would be happy to write a letter for me when I feel I want to move to that step. So there are two more items in addition to my medical history associated with hormone therapy.

As for finding the right judge, that can still unfortunately be an issue. For the last several years judges in neighboring counties have interpreted the law differently because of some imprecise language contained in that law. Since this must be seen by a judge in the county of your residence, they are stuck. Several LGBTQ+ lobbying groups have created new language that would make it uniform and clear, but the legislative process has tweeked it both times and it hasn't passed yet. That's left Trans folk 20 miles north of me wanting for relief and those in my county needed little more than the minimum to get their changes processed. Once it's done, the Driver License Division now makes quick work of the new id or license. It's slow progress, but progress is what we continue to look for.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.