Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite complement from a GG

Best compliment from a GG?

"I'm stealing your look!", from a young woman who works at a convenience store I frequent. I was wearing grey suede boots, a knee length, button front denim skirt, a lavender Henley, a white leather moto jacket with embroidered flowers, my red wig, and daytime make up. I was floating for the rest of the day.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Went shopping today, a sales girl came to me twice telling me she loved my hair and skirt. Anytime this happens, it's my favorite comment! Hair was a wine color bob, and the skirt was a basic ankle length maxi with gray and white horizontal stripes. Pink top and sandals.

Probably over ten years ago now. I went to a Halloween Party as a bride, it was actually the hosts suggestion, and I went full out: dress off of eBay, makeup artist, manicure, 2 male friends were my bridesmaids but they didn’t go all out. Anyways, at one point the host saw me in profile in my mermaid style dress which fit me like a glove and said, “Who knew you were so slim” What bride wouldn’t want to hear that on her big day.
    Rebecca Bas

My was not a dressing moment but rather a decorating compliment. I had a GG stop by my house for her 1st time. When I gave her a tour, she said matter of factly that it looks like a woman lives here. That was nice.

A girlfriend once said to me You can have that outfit, it looks so good on you and the boys are drooling over you.

I was twenty and had borrowed some clothes from my girlfriend to go to a Saturday night dance, as they were called then. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I received a compliment from a woman I sing with: she said "I love the way you dress!"

Glad you asked for favorite and not rude because I've had some of those also but my favorite was in a coffee shop .I was just starting to go out in public so I set over to the side out of the way and as a couple were leaving the wife dropped back a bit behind her husband and she stopped just for a second and said she just wanted to tell me how nice I looked.She had read me and for whatever reason wanted to make me feel good.
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

years ago i used to go the full nine yards and get dressed, when the family would be gone for the weekend (or more). early winter so a cowl neck sweater in deep violet over a gray wool skirt right at the knees, light pecan pantyhose with black heels. my hair (wig) was a dark chestnut and i went all out with my evening makeup and nails and such...

I was going to the mall to go to the theater. i was more than early so i carefully made my way around looking at different things and stopped into Payless shoes. i usually would go it and try shoes real quick when i was in drab but being all made up, i was able to peruse with less rush and obviousness...

i had spoken to the older sales lady and then moved on to another section, when a guy who had been looking at shoes said to her "that lady has a really deep voice doesnt she". the sales clerk replied, "a little bit but look how beautiful she is!"

the only mortal on the planet that knows me who knows Leesa once told me, "next time im doing something formal, i need you to do my eye makeup"

those were both pretty gratifying!

Fairly frequently when dressed in drab (but with glam nails) I get compliments on them, even had a couple call their friends over to have a look, lot of nail envy as mine are strong and don't break.
    My wife when I wear a tight fitting skirt says my arse looks amazing in it!
    Last time we went out with me fully decked out in short skirt, fitted top, boots, makeover and ombre wig, had a gay guy run over to me, give me a hug and said I looked absolutely fabulous, that was the first time anyone has complimented me while out dressed and felt amazing
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

I have had a couple of compliments from SAs but my favourite was walking around the Eaton Centre in Toronto and a woman said to me "I love your look."

I don't go out dressed. Tried it once, whole makeover, professional makeup, etc., and it just didn't do 'it' for me, so I'm not really often in a place to get comments about my dressing.
    Having said all that, I have been made to feel very special on one particular occasion.
    I was shopping in Goodwill near my work looking for a skirt. Someone must have noticed what I was doing and didn't say anything.
    While I was in the changing room, a khaki skirt, still one for my favorites, was laid over the top of the door. It was exactly the size I had been trying on and fit perfectly.
    I'll never know who that angel was, but that kind gesture made my day.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

"You look beautiful"; said by a former girlfriend as she ascended my front steps, me in the doorway.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I think my favourite was : "You have the guts and teach us a lesson of humility"

Also there are other like : "You're gorgeous" "love your dress"

When I go out, I have gotten a few compliments about my shoes, a few about my skirt, and a lot of compliments about my makeup. The one that I loved was when I came out to a coworker and showed her a selfie, she just shook her head and said she can never take photos as good as that.

Two come to mind. One from a waitress who said, "You look beautiful." The other from a GG patron at a bar, "I saw you come in. You have amazing legs."
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

that woman wasn't lying, StephanieCLT: you DO have amazing legs

Lovely story Shelby.
    And Donna Lee... Shame she's an ex from the sounds of it.

Over the years I have been fortunate to receive many compliments. My favorite occurred a few years ago while I was at a "Celebration of Life" event for the boy-friend of my good GW (Lou) friend.

I had visited with a girl-hood friend of Lou's for a fairly long time. As we were preparing to leave Lou's friend asked her if I was the person with whom she did so many things. Lou replied that yes, I was. Lou's friend knew Lou had many gay and "T" friends. She said to Lou Carole is a genetic woman, right? Lou's response was no, but she will be delighted to hear that you think so. Her friend replied well, she sure has all of the mannerisms and speech patterns down pat!

Of course, I was delighted to hear this!
    Hugs, Carole

Can't necessarily say that I have a favorite one, but back when they were tanned I used to get a lot of compliments from GG's about my legs.

I'm not brave enough or in a position to venture out the front door as my female self, yet.
    But I love it when my wife compliments me on my outfits.

She is really jealous of my legs when wearing heels, as she says they "look stunning and gorgeous".

I had a wonderful comment tonight when she told me my outfit was perfect. My skirt really went great with my new red knee high boots, that she bought for me as a surprise.
    Xx

I’ve been told I have nice legs in heels.

Best compliment I ever received was in a women's rest room at a dance club. I was touching-up my make-up and a GG came up along side of me and said how much she liked my hair. That MADE my night.....LOL

My best compliment from a GG was a SA probably in her early 20s. I was shopping for shoes one evening, fully dressed. She came over and offered her assistance and seemed to be very sincere in her compliments and engaging in conversation. No issues with her. I thanked her for being kind and accepting. She had a lovely smile and personality. Made me feel good...

Molly

I hope I don't get into trouble for saying this, but the GG that accompanied me when I went to buy my first wig said my boobs looked great. She thought I was wearing my Eyung breat suit, but it was actually the usual empty two-piece bathing suit top I was using for boobs at the time (which some drunken kid called my "fat boobs" when I did my first outing during pride last year).

I've since acquired silicone breast forms which fit the top perfectly and give me that extra weight and jiggle, although it's not how I usually do my boobs anymore.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedrake View Post
    Lovely story Shelby.
    And Donna Lee... Shame she's an ex from the sounds of it.
    Unfortunately, yes. Would that it were different.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)