Thread: Who's Opinion Matters

Who's Opinion Matters

When dressed enfemme :
    Who's opinion matters to you ?
    I know I am very much concerned with
    what the women around me think !
    I don't really care if men like my look or not

JAS

As long as I don't look ridiculous, I really don't care what others think male or female. Of course I'll take a compliment from either sex

Jean,

While it's nice to think that you've managed ti put together an outfit that looks good at the end of the day it's far more about how I'm treated than affirmation of my dress sense.

As Nikki says, a compliment is welcome from any quarter.

My wife's. If she says something doesn't look good I'd have to be insanely in love with it to keep it. The things she says suit me? Yeah, those I love more.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I value my wife's opinion but the only one that matters is mine.

Your(my) opinion is what matters! That is the bottom line! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Like any issue in a marriage my wife's opinion matters. That may seem odd in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage, but, that is the point of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Banned Read only
    Jean,
    I've never had my wife comment and I guess it will never happen but I do take on board what GGs say when I'm out and about . Usually it's nothing more than being told my makeup looks OK or when I was at Boot's cosmetic counter the SA telling me how much my femme glasses suited me .

Guys never usually comment but they do tend to look sometimes .

Any opinion from someone will be noted and considered. But as Lana Mae said, my own opinion is the one that matters. If I want my makeup to look like a street walker that's up to me
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I hope I don’t get into trouble for saying this, but you can’t please everyone, so you might as well be sure you’re pleased yourself.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    The only person who's opinion really matters is my wife, don't get me wrong I try to look presentable and love getting compliments, but I have long since stopped worrying about what everyone else thinks.

Always been a GIRL. Michelle1955's Avatar

Wife opinion Matters

That what counts, my wife/ best friend for 40 years.

Wife's opinion was the only one that ever mattered because she was the only one I ever told. Now we're basically DADT so I guess nobody's opinion matters. I suppose realistically we should be wanting more self confidence. But I like most would really like someone who is accepting or loving to that side of me.
    Love yourselves ladies. There's no guarantees anyone else will.

When it comes to dressing, the only opinion that matters is mine. For everything else it would be my wife's.

I told my wife about my dressing on our second date. I thought it was only fair. She had no problem with it and went with me to some events. She prefers not to go out, which is fine as she is supportive of my dressing and will shop for me if she sees something that she knows I will like. I value her opinion as she does mine. When she asks me what I think of a new outfit I often say "i'd wear it"

I, too told my to-be wife about my dressing, figuring she’d dash to the nearest door. To my surprise and great relief, she more or less said “so what”. Neither one of us understand this, so we figure, “ if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em”. She’s is my “go to” person for help, opinions, critiques, etc. for which I value greatly. When we scan catalogs, she will point out skirts, blouses, dresses, etc. that she thinks would look good on me. The only item we disagree on are hose. When she wears them, rarely, she can’t wait to take them off. Of course, I can’t wait to put them on...oh yeah..same with underwire bras. It works for us.

I'm simply too old to have to worry about the ramifications that may arise if people around me knew that I'm a crossdresser, so I just try my best not to out myself. Sure, many people don't care, but I'm not willing to put myself at risk if the one nutcase in the area decides to make an issue of it. I don't need any additional drama in my life.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    I certainly care. My objective is always to be presentable, dressed appropriately for the situation and reasonably for a middle aged woman. I trust my GG friends, though worry they might be a bit too charitable. They insist they are not...and won’t steer me wrong.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think it is natural to think about what others think.

I try to look my best at all times and get concerned when I think I have messed it up.

When out and about my mindset does change a little to forgetting what others think.

You do have to stand up, shoulders back, tits forward, back straight and OWN IT! :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jean, my wife's opinion matters.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    I hope I don’t get into trouble for saying this, but you can’t please everyone, so you might as well be sure you’re pleased yourself.
    Amen x 1,000

Banned Read only
    To answer you question both sexes opinions matter, I wish both accepted a man's choice to dress feminine when he wants to. I wish women would not mind men but not all men to start adding female clothing to how they dress to help blend dressing and unisex became the norm.

My parents opinions matter to me because I'm living with them. When I move out on my own it'll be my opinion and my future partner's whoever that may be.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jean Ann , As I am inn a very workable DA/DT, Mine is the only one that matters.>Orchid ..0)
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I only dress at home (in public it's underdressed/genderblurred) so my wife's opinion of what i wear is extremely important to me.
    Firstly, it's important that she feels comfortable with my CDing. Secondly, i really value her constructive critisism of what i wear.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."