Thread: mini vacation, May travel enfemme....

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar

mini vacation, May travel enfemme....

So this coming weekend, I am planning on a weekend trip from Central NY to Dayton, Ohio to visit a museum. Plan on leaving at night to get there by morning, spending the day at the museum, hotel that evening and travelling home Sunday morning. I am toying with the idea of driving out dressed. Of course I have some concerns about doing this, the biggest is going to a rest stop to use the restroom. I am actually thinking of using a bottle to avoid even going in the building. Next is changing. I am , once again, thinking I can change in the car. Dressing at the hotel is a non-issue. I will have to travel back in guy mode because it's day time and once I enter my town, my car is very unique and I would be clocked right away. Of course I ask my wife and all she says is do whatever you want to do, it's your trip. Any thoughts or ideas?
    Drumming, My other hobby

I say be safe and aware, and also Wear flats if you've never driven in heels before. I'm sure the thrill is going to be amazing.

Consider renting a car for the trip. Then, you could drive back dressed.

Have a good trip.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I say be safe and aware, and also Wear flats if you've never driven in heels before. I'm sure the thrill is going to be amazing.
    Driving in heels is no issue, done it before. Just dont really have any.

Consider renting a car for the trip. Then, you could drive back dressed.
    Not with in my budget, but good idea
    Drumming, My other hobby

Just do it.

As to bathrooms, I've never had an issue. These days, many bathrooms at service stations have locks. Get in, lock door, do business. Otherwise, hit a McDonald's or the like and they're not going to hassle a customer.

As to the drive home, do it dressed and at the end just take off your wig and remove the makeup. People can't see your clothes below your neck anyway.

Don't over think it. Just do it.

Platinum Member
    No reason to fear. I’ve traveled through the plains states, stopped at small town restaurants and KS toll way rest areas, even had a cracked distributor fixed at a small Oklahoma Chevy dealership! Never had an issue.

I do prefer stopping for fuel and potty breaks at the same time. I’m wary of being a solitary traveler at a vacant rest stop.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Carroll , It sounds like you already have it figured out. >Orchid .oooo.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have decided to throw caution in the wind and just do it. It looks as though most rest stops along my way have family restrooms. I might even go out Saturday night as Dayton seems to have a few LBGT friendly bars.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Follow your wife's advice and always be aware and stay safe.

Enjoy yourself, the next time will be a lot easier I assure you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If you want to dress and drive, I say go for it. You wold be amazed at how many of us drivers go from one end of the country to the other dressed.

Yes, most Ohio interstate plazas have family restrooms. Usually an info/brochure kiosk nearby so you can inconspicuously wait for the door to open if it's occupied. Enjoy your trip!

Platinum Member
    I do concur, if you're going to drive for a long distance, and, it seems that is the case (eight hour drive), then wear flats. With me, when I do go for a drive after awhile I really forget I'm en femme. I got over that psychological hurdle that I may have a break down or accident. "Shit happens!" Take a change of clothing with you in case you do have car trouble. I rather destroy a dirty pair of guy jeans than any pretty dress I wear when driving. I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer," however, if the main purpose of the trip is to enjoy the mini vacation don't force yourself to do something you may not entirely enjoy.

Oh, and, today's weather news had tornadoes active near Dayton, Ohio. Be prepared.

Before you go check on things. Dayton just had bad storms, including a tornado, go through the area. Some areas had power outages. building damaged etc.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/
    Last edited by Lea; 05-29-2019 at 04:02 PM.

I do concur, if you're going to drive for a long distance, and, it seems that is the case (eight hour drive), then wear flats. With me, when I do go for a drive after awhile I really forget I'm en femme. I got over that psychological hurdle that I may have a break down or accident. "Shit happens!" Take a change of clothing with you in case you do have car trouble. I rather destroy a dirty pair of guy jeans than any pretty dress I wear when driving. I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer," however, if the main purpose of the trip is to enjoy the mini vacation don't force yourself to do something you may not entirely enjoy.
    I am actually going to wear my sneakers!

Before you go check on things. Dayton just had bad storms, including a tornado, go through the area. Some areas had power outages. building damaged etc.
    I have been following the news. The USAF museum I am going to is open and I just called to hotel and they are good to go!
    Drumming, My other hobby

Platinum Member
    I have the Air Force Museum on my radar too. There are a number of museums in Dayton.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I have the Air Force Museum on my radar too. There are a number of museums in Dayton.
    This will be my 5th visit to the museum, but the first with no family.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Aspiring Member
    Enjoy your travels. At the beginning of the year, I had the chance to "fly pretty". 3 1/2" heeled booties, skinng jeans and a female dress shirt. It was such a thrill to travel while dressed I can't wait to do it again. Driving in heels is lots of fun in my opinion. Nothing like feeling completely feminine while traveling...

I've done partial femme travel on occasion, mostly skinny jeans and heels. I run a cargo van now, which solves most of the privacy, rest stop and changing issues.
    Renée Theresa Davidson

The museum is awesome, and if you're eligible, base lodging is clean, inexpensive and a good value (space available). Arrive late evening and you might just get the VIP suite (huge!).

Silver Member
    I've traveled pretty by car many times, and it's a hoot! When needed, my car is my mobile closet. When I first started driving pretty I used two suction cup shades for the driver and passenger side windows .. still do around town when wearing lipstick and earrings for short trips. Give these a try, girls.

I say go for it.
    If you've put that much thought behind it already, why wouldn't you!

Just be safe on the return, if there is a chance somebody will know you locally, make sure you've got the makeup remover wipes in the front of the car and take it off before you get to close to home.

Good luck and have a great time.
    Xx