Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any construction workers here? Feminine at work?

Any construction workers here? Feminine at work?

Im a construction worker. I rarely see women on the job site, let alone a transgender or cd. I always wondered how someone would even make that happen. Not to mention how insensitive the attitudes can be. So has anyone here tried dressing on the job site and how’d that go? I don’t aspire to do this, I just wonder if anyone has.

I worked in the construction industry for a while. One would have to be out of their mind to even attempt to transition in that environment!
    "Sensitive & Understanding" isn't really one of the job requirements.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Ha ha right. I heard stories of a trans electrician one time. Everyone referred to her as, “It”. So, no, not understanding at all.

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Hi Ginger!

A Super here. I have had women work for me when I had my own business and have them on my projects occasionally. But you're right, it is fairly rare. Never knowingly seen a transgender or outwardly crossdressed person on any job. Never even heard of one on any project in 44 years in the business. And I do agree that negative attitudes and machoism would make it extremely difficult for that person.

It wouldn't bother me if someone was to present either way as long as they could professionally do their work. A jobsite crew discussion regarding tolerance and acceptance would be had with any offender being removed from the site.

It would also make a difference as to what discipline that person chose and the project size as to the amount of exposure they had to other trades. Meaning the amount of other workers on the site at a given time. i.e....exposed to iron workers and concrete crew vs. finish carpentry or flooring near the end of a project. Perhaps there may be more TG or CD people doing residential instead of commercial work for this reason? I don't know if that's true or not.

Would I do it? As strictly a crossdresser, probably not. If I was transgender or on a path in that direction, then perhaps, but only as a company owner or a worker for a small company to lessen my exposure.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I used to be on a crew that installed 60 inch storm sewer lines and did general construction work.
    Spent 40 + years being a commercial truck driver so coming out would not have been a good thing.

I don’t know that a ball gown and heels would be appropriate for a construction site lol. I’m willing to bet you’ve worked with at least one CD without ever knowing it.

Silver Member
    Not a construction worker. Would a machinist be close enough? I'm not officially out at work, but I frequently change into a dress before I finish my workday, then leave quietly through the back door. Some of my co workers have seen me this way and security cameras have probably recorded me but my opinion is that I no longer worry what people will see, because it's irrelevant to my job and workplace. I'm not hiding but I'm not advertising either.

I am/ But Diesel Tech.. Heavy Equipment Mechanic

Feel free to check out my posts over the years.I am on the working waterfront and am an out girl...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

I am a machinist too and one of the guys always calls me phylis ha ha little does he know however the more I am on hrt the more I am starting to show so the jig may well be up soon-------

Worked 34 yrs. as a comm. carp. you'd be better off wearing meat clothes and jumping in a lions den.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I manage a construction company and it is definitely a tough and rough environment. That's why I'm closeted. I do underdress everyday and wear women's jeans that go undetected. I feel my crew would loose respect for me if they knew I dress.

Work home construction. Have had nails painted for a week now. Guys that work with me haven’t said anything to me about it one way or another.
    That being said, none of my female clothes are appropriate for working out here. Maybe yoga pants and a tank top, but I am not brave enough to wear that to work.
    I do agree with what others have said here, not the most accepting place to wear feminine clothing.

Gold Member
    I have over 50 years in the Carpenters Union. Started off rough Framing, then went to trim, then High End Trim,
    Then onto Radius and Spiral Stairs. I hired girls a few times, One worked out well, the others quit for various reasons.
    The Girl that staid with it turned out to be a real good Carpenter. Better than some of the Men.
    Would a Trans be able to do it. Well if She has some talent and is willing to learn, Why not. But I can see some ribbing
    if she was a Man one day, then came to work as a Girl the next. It would be unkind, but unavoidable, to say the least.
    Rader

I have to laugh at some of the comments! They sound like where I work. I seriously doubt I could show up dressed and get away with it. Most guys where I work go a bits nuts when crossdressing, or any LGBLT
    subject comes up. Plus travel and see customers on a daily basis. Most of them are old school rednecks. Pretty sure I don't want to test them!

I often wear women's boots that are not really obvious and I know they have been questioned, but nobody has said anything other than comments on the heel height.

Yes, and I'm out.

I represent as a guy at work sort of. ( my choice )

This means I don't wear nail polish, or a bra and no make-up that shows ( I wear moisturizer and a tinted sunscreen)

I have long hair that I wear in a ponytail ( like a girl )

Skin tight skinny jeans, tennis shoes, no show socks, panties all womens.

Company t-shirt that is two sizes to big, so it is like a blouse. I do this to hide my breasts, also why I don't wear a bra at work.

I dress just like a GG would doing the job I do.

I mainly do service work, I like, it I get to meet new people everyday.

Yes if I have to because of job site requirements I wear boots, like last week. Oh and a hot blond carrying a clipboard walked on that job right when I was leaving. She caught the guys attention, Me , anyone with a clipboard is trouble, I'm out of here.

Like I said I'm out, so everyone at work knows, along with some in the industry I work.

I don't know what customers think, but they like me and like today request that I be the one sent out.

At work I'm respected, I'm the one the guys call when they need an answer for something and they don't want to ask the boss to know.

There are some big advantages to being out. Like with the receptionist, with her I'm like a girl.

A couple months ago, one of my boyfriends had lost my number. He called work and left a message for Jean. I use my last name at work, that is different but still a girls name. We had a good laugh, yes I called him and we went on a date.

For me this is all normal.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    Would a Trans be able to do it. Well if She has some talent and is willing to learn, Why not. But I can see some ribbing
    if she was a Man one day, then came to work as a Girl the next. It would be unkind, but unavoidable, to say the least.
    Rader
    But that ISN"T how transition goes....No flip flopping....Not a dressing contest...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Yes I work in the landscaping renovation field.I do wear pretty paties and when I do I wear suspenders to ensure my pants stay up when bent down.
    My way to ensure some girl time is to bring a bra and change of clothing and do a little shopping on the way home.
    Stooped yesterday and was ready to buy a cute Jean skirt but no size 14 where to be had

Micayla

Not here in Jax Fl. It is too dangerous, but I have worn my girly short shorts on construction projects before and didn't have any issues, but then again, usually by the time drywall comes around I pretty much have the project to myself.

I do Live in CA.

Cristy, I come in after paint, so you would be long gone. Most of the time I work alone.

There have been at least two people that have tried to get me fired. Not going to happen, customers love me. I know what I'm doing, so I save them money. That and what can I say, people like me. Besides, I have two standing job offers, not worried in the least.

At one of the local suppliers there is a FTM person. I'm not going to out him and I can't say anything to him. It isn't that I couldn't take the heat if he were to complain, it's that it would kill me if I hurt him.

So there is this new guy I'm training. His first day is my first day back to work after DLV, not the last one but the previous one. The new guy had just moved here from where he was born and raised, VEGAS BABY.

Anyway a few months latter the new guy and I had just come out of that supplier, and yes the FTM person waited on us. We are outside by the truck, he can't see or hear us. The new guy is complaining, he didn't understand, it had to do with our company trying to control inventory. So I am explaining and the new guy misgenders the counter guy, referring to him as HER, I stopped the new guy right there. I told him to never do that again. He said he was sorry, he didn't do it on purpose. He knows I'm TG and as I said he is from Vegas, he is cool. I just wanted to make a big enough impression on him so that he does not slip up in the future. So you see there could be people out there that you don't even know helping you. Me, I'm just trying to give back.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 05-29-2019 at 09:24 PM.

My colleague and I often do the pre-wire and commissioning of fire systems, my colleague is Trans and has been on hormones for about 16 months.
    Unfortunately our "uniform" is very masculine, which means she is often miss-gendered which creates a lot of issues for her.
    Most people who have to deal with her, soon realise how smart she is and takes her seriously.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Not in construction, but professionally speaking, these days I've got a pretty secure & decent-paying *blue-collar* gig.

And although there are some GG's there (who you probably wouldn't want to mess with ), it's a fairly rough-&-tumble testosterone-fueled environment.

As mentioned before, I'd get absolutely roasted should this side of me ever come out there. I'd never hear the end of it.
    Heck, I'm already kinda thought of as "gay" and/or "girly."

Any stitch of femme presentation there for me? No way! Total guy-mode, all the way, thanks.

Though back when I used to work in an office setting, that was a bit of a different story.

Heck, a group of us (consisting mainly of GG's) would even hang out outside of work, with me totally en-femme. And "she" was always highly requested as part of the invite! I happily obliged.

If I were to go big guns again, I would only hire gay or transgendered employees. Think it would be cool to see a group of us kick xxx on a construction project.

Silver Member
    Years ago in Houston there was a construction company owner who dressed as a woman. He wore dresses and was featured in one of the papers there. He actually did quite well in the upscale communities. The only bad word I heard was that he went into a dressing room where women were trying clothes on. It was a store selling high end women's clothes at big discounts and all trying on was in one large room. This was in the 80s and several of the women complained about it. My wife and I shopped there from time to time when we were in Houston. No I didn't venture into the room.

At some point he transitioned
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 05-31-2019 at 10:21 PM.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I used to be a contact handyman and then a cable installer. I loved wearing female lingerie beneath my clothes. I made sure my thing or g string was always showing, same with eyeliner. Some coemployees were cool with it, most were not lol it wasn't until I became a Baker was I allowed to fully crossdress