Comedies don't cut it when explaining cross dressing or transsexual situations. Visualizing a husband as a woman really does not cross a woman's mind. Maybe having a husband dolled up at Halloween may be an exception. However, even then there is no correlation being made between a 'costume' event and something more. Sometimes there is a local news report on the issue of transsexuals and transgender men and women. Many times those reports deal with very young children going through struggles. Within the last month my wife and I watched an episode on "Call the Midwife" concerning an intersex woman, and, an episode on "The Coroner" concerning a post operative woman who had been raped as a young woman and had a stillborn birth. I thought both episodes were well scripted to deal with a sensitive issue. Better than taking a comedy approach. I read an article on the internet from a woman's magazine which indicated many women have a mental image of what their husbands' may look like as a woman. Even those mental images have a negative effect on their marriages.

PS: When my wife and I went to see "Tootsie" in the movie theater she cringed at the idea.