Thread: Funny thing happened tonight

Funny thing happened tonight

My wife was out with the family and a Maria night was on route, I was going to my room to get changed and my doorbell rang. I go to the door and see my mother in law all dressed up and my father in law in the back ground dressed in a tuxedo. I could tell my father in law was not happy because instead of waving hi he just knodding his head. I open the door and explain to my mother in law that her daughter is out and she responded to me that she was looking for me. I questioned her why would she want me, she said she was going to a Galla foundraiser and everyone who is a somebody is going to be there and she wanted to ask me if she looked good. I have gave her some dressing advice in the past because her daughters couldn't be bothered to help her. Strange she was looking for fashion advice from her construction worker rough around the edges son in law. She said I never gave her bad advice in the past and most of all that I'm the most honest person she knows. Well that was very flattering and agreed to help her out, my mother in law is in early seventies but looks amazing for her age. She was wearing a beautiful dress, black with pink working and puffy on the bottom. I instantly noticed she was wearing knee highs and told her it doesn't look good and she insisted that no one can see them, I told her that I seen them and it looks bad. She knew forsure her daughter didn't have pantyhose in the house I don't think my wife wore pantyhos in the last 20 years. I told her that maybe my wife had an emergency pair in the bedroom, I took a look at her dress and had to decide between black or biege and I figured biege. I got her a pair of my best biege pantyhose and I figured she was getting very comfortable around me because she was going to put them on in front of me until I made a comment that maybe she should put them on in the washroom. She came out and she instantly smiled at what she seen in the mirror, I told her I couldn't believe she was going to go with those old knee highs with a run and pull marks on them. He thanked me and then she did a spin in front of me and I noticed she was wearing a white slip under, I asked her what was with the slip. She said she has to wear a slip, I told her not tonight and asked her if it was a full or half, she said half. I put out my hand and told her the dress already has underlining and doesn't need it and to lose the slip and to hand it to me. She pulled the slip down and handed it to me. She was very content and looked in the mirror and seen the pantyhose gave the dress a more complete look and she gave me a kiss and thanked me and told me she knew she could always depend on me to help her and be honest. I think if it ever came out about my dressing I believe she would probably be the only one who would be happy, she would probably invite me clothes shopping. One things forsure my mother in law has some classic slips and I told my wife in the past to make sure she leaves me her slips in her will, and let's just say I'm writing this wearing her slip. Lol.
    I don't know if I maybe do show a femine side that I don't even realize, but tonight was a sign of it. Thanks I thought it was a little wierd and wanted to share it.

Love, love, love this story. Well lived and well told! And wearing her slip is classic! You earned it. Nancy

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I can sympathize! My MIL knows I wear panties and women's jeans/pants but for "medical reasons." Ever since, she seems to think I'm the one to talk to about her shopping finds.
    Life is too short to be boring.

That is a great story Maria! Thanks for sharing!

Marion

Platinum Member
    Yep, her spidey senses have picked up on your fashion sense. What else she knows... stay tuned.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

So nice of you to help her.

Nice you ended up with her half slip for your help!
    Crissy

My guess is that she knows more than she is letting on!!
    I love it that she comes to you.

Maria I love this post.That slip will always be special.Whenever you put it on this memory will come back.I have some cloths that are like that.The first skirt my wife bought me is like that.I have around 30 but every time I wear that one I think of her trying to work with my crossdressing......PS I also love slips and have enough to lend to every woman on the block... hehe
    If I knew where it was going to take me I probably would have put my mother's panties back.

Maria, That is a cute story. I'm glad you have a great relationship with your MIL.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It's things like that that make life worth while. Well done, I love it when people have trust and respect for each other.

Hi Maria,

This is such a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your new slip.
    - Robin

Because life is too short not to.

It's ironic ... I finally found a group of guys I fit in with. Funny how they all enjoy being one of the girls.

Wife: Why do you fold your panties? Me: I don't like my panties in a wad!

I think it's great she came to you for advice. Maybe she knows more than you think?
    I've always appreciated a nice slip. It's becoming difficult to find nice slips in the brick and mortar world.

Maria, you did a great job in helping your mother in law. It is hard to tell for sure, but few men know what you know about "appropriate" female dressing. IMHO that is a big tell. Also the nod from your father in law is a sign. Don't want to jump to conclusions, but the little things in this story point toward your mother in law knowing a whole lot more than you think she knows. Most women are very perceptive and some figure these kinds of things out real fast. Others? The perception goes in the eyes and out the ears. Great story and you have won her over.

None of my sisters in law knew anything about my hidden "activities" and my wife was clueless. But one sister in law who I told a couple of years ago that I am mildly TG just smiled and told me that was no surprise and that she had figured that out years ago. She is a therapist which gives her an inside path, but a perceptive woman will figure it out pretty fast.

I find myself wondering -
    "why would she leave the slip? Wouldn't she just toss it in the backseat (or wherever) in the car?"
    And even if she did leave the slip behind, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect her to swing back by at some point to pick it up?

Jumping into the slip your mother-in-law was just wearing seems to me to be a little bit high on the "e-w-w-w" scale.
    But maybe it's just me.

Great Story - Down deep she knows you have the fashion sense since she came looking for you not your wife. I think if you came out to her she would not be surprised and would be very supportive. Did you tell you wife what happened? If you did what was her reaction?

Great story Maria. Amazing how things go.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Maria,

I love hearing how your night went! That had to be an exhilarating experience lol

I think everyone here is under the perception that she gave me the slip, she left it in my hand because she rushed off. Oh yeh she will be asking my wife for it at her first chance, she's Italian they don't give up anything for free.(Lol). She talked to my wife today and told her she had a great time last night and asked to thanked me again. The funny part was she told my wife she will replace the pantyhose for me. Maybe she does know more then I think.

Platinum Member
    Kinda think so.... otherwise she would have said she would replace your wife?s pantyhose... not yours.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

My MIL knows about me. She buys me stuff from time to time. Both of her daughters (one is my wife) are not feminine at all. I dress very feminine around her too.

Silver Member
    It is funny when women borrow from you. My wife and her friend asked if I had something like bloomers she could borrow. I did it was fun watching them in the show with my pettie pants showing. also they borrowed my can can petie coats.

Maria 60,

I thought it was a wonderful event. That she trusts you so much, she possibly knows about your dressing and this is her way of showing you that she not only understands but accepts you and your advice.

@—}——-
    Michelle

Silver Member
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. It's incredible that your MIL doesn't know or suspect you are a CD, what with all the really solid advice you've given her. I do think she wouldn't be the least but surprised if she ever learned the truth about you, but there's still no telling how she'd react to the information.