Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read At Wal-Mart

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    About your voice just use a softer version of your normal voice for now and don't try to overdo it.
    Its all about getting used to being you and trust me it takes time.
    I never really worry about getting read because no matter what I do I will never be read as 100% female
    I have friends that transitioned years ago and they still have that little bit of guy look to them.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Oh I'm sorry I thought I was in the Male to female crossdressing section. I must be in the Trans Section.

Kelly, I totally get where you're coming from. Even though most of my discomfort and dysphoria is social (I REALLY want to be a bride wife and mother and can't pinpoint the reason why) I totally understand how looking male and being expected to perform as male because of that can be uncomfortable. It's interesting to me that sometimes the time I'm most comfortable being a man is when I'm singing a song. It's almost like I'm playing a role. Like I think in a play I wouldn't mind playing a male lead right now as long as they had good musical numbers. I love singing. (let's see how I feel about having to wear that suit and possible beard and stuff though. Could be a different story. )

Tracii, that's what I try to do when I'm in public for now. I do vocal exercises when I can (should have plenty of time now that it's summer so this aspect might really start to develop for me. Here's hoping. ) I'm already making peace with the thought that I'll probably never be read as 100% female 100% of the time. I just wish the staring gawking and laughter would stop. My experience isn't funny and I'm not a side show attraction. I'm a human being with thoughts feelings emotions and a heart that can be (and has been) broken. I can weather it in public but privately it does bother me a little. I don't know if I'd rather take overt abuse rather than these covert methods some use. Probably not. I just wish that society would just let us trans people live and be who we are in peace. We largely allow the rest of society that courtesy so why can't we have it extended to us?

Brianna, you are going through the most difficult stage, when your features soften, the hair style gets right and other posture problems resolve themselves you will feel more at ease and will stop wondering why you are doing this.

I wish you well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thank you Beverly! I know you're right. I just need to keep going.