Thread: Do you spend time in the company of women

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do you spend time in the company of women?

I have enjoyed my sewing classes this spring- being with from 20-30 women of very diverse ages and cultures for 4-6 hours a day three days a week We were sitting and working together on projects, showing off our creations on the runway, etc.

Day 1- mild uncertainty and discomfort- who is the strange guy? Well, he doesn't seem to be fazed or embarrassed, so I guess there is no weird perversion- he is just unusual, I guess. We'll see.
    Day 2- he is friendly and helpful, laughs and contributes generously, ask questions and is not a typical show off or judging me. That's kind of good.
    Day 3- he likes my creation- we have something in common
    Day 4- he asked me a question, and I answered it. It was comfortable and normal. We're all having a good time in this class.
    Day 5- he sees me and likes me, and had a great suggestion as to how to fix the fit of my blouse the way I want it
    Day 6- I'll ask him why he wears women's clothes [one person total from 50]
    Day 7- I brought him an orange to thank him for his help yesterday
    Day 8- I can talk about bust fit and say bra cup and don't feel embarrassed- hmm
    Day 9- Jeannie is his friend now
    Day 10 onwards- I look forward to seeing what he is wearing, but just like I do with my other classmates. Everything is normal- and I am glad there are some men like him.
    Day 50- Phil- can you join our summer sewing club? We are meeting at my condo Tuesdays 10-2. Let's meet for coffee some other day too! I want to stay in touch.

Needless to say, this normalization of life is WONDERFUL

I think many members have occasions to be with women- can you share your story?
    Last edited by char GG; 05-29-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Fixed word (obviously typo) to fit the sentence
    We are all beautiful...!