Thread: Another "when the cat's away" post...

Another "when the cat's away" post...

So my SO is on the road for a few days. Best news is I get to spend some quality time with my kids. Second best news is that I can spend all day today, the next three evenings and all day Monday en femme. WooHoo!

Sad thing is, the best part for me is that I can use our washer/dryer and ironing board to get some much needed (fem) laundry done.

Still, it's nice to be telecommuting as a woman! I just got a beautiful yellow spring dress off eBay and it fits me PERFECTLY. I'll get some pics later.

And later this afternoon if I pluck up the courage I am going to step outside the house (first time ever) and maybe just go for a drive. I know that's a wimpy first step, but it'd be a huge departure for me.

Anyway, not much point to all this but I am having fun! Cheers

Erica

Diane

First step

There has to be some kind of first step. How about going to a mall after dark and at least getting out of your car and walking to the door of a woman's store, or going just inside the door when no one else is watching? That would be another good first step.

Do you have that in pink? Julie Avery's Avatar
    Sounds like great fun, Erica.

Here's another "first step" thought: The entryway to some grocery stores (you know, you pass through one set of doors, then have to pass through a second set to enter the store)...usually have free newspaper type things that a person might just want to dash in there and pick up
    "Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened."

"The best thing about the MBasic that comes with the Kaypro is that it allows variable names longer than two characters."

Enjoy yourself

Erica darling: Liberate the inner girl and have the time of your life. My SO will be gone for 3 days and I intend to make the most of it! I bought some cute new outfits to wear and I will get a makeover and a manicure. A gg gf who is a photographer has promised to shoot a pic of me worthy of a magazine cover---I'd love to be on Vogue!

Let your femininity blossom. Go to the all, look at and try on clothes. Spray on perfume. Allow yourself to be a girly girl and revel in the excitement of really BEING Erica.

If you're nervous about the all, find a consignment shop or thrift store to try on dresses or shoes. They are usually more understanding.

Most of all, Miss Erica, you are the woman you want to be. Introduce her to the rest of the world. Love, Aly.

Good for you girl...we all do what we can given our circumstances...enjoy.!!
    Love Nikki. x

i am the same as you as soon as the coast is clear i am up them staires and into my black dress and shoes. i am also in need to spread out as all i do is walk down my garden as i feel safe without anyone seeing me. maybe i''ll hop into the car and go for a drive.

Aspiring Glamazon ...

You go, girl!

Erica,

Sounds like a delicious opportunity ... have a wonderful time!

Some other first step ideas:

1) Get cash from an ATM
    2) Go thru a drive-in
    3) Get gas at a self-serve (I recently tried this for the first time!)

Enjoy!!

- Clementine xx

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar

Smile It starts with a drive

Hi,

I have three days coming up next week it will be my third and maybe fourth time out. My first time out i drove to an office park after dark to walk around so i could get accustomed to walking in heels, i also spent time looking at my reflection in the glass of the buildings to see how well i carried myself when i walked, the second time i drove around more, i stopped to gas up the car, walked to a vending machine for a bottle of water,looked at some new cars at a dealership (they were closed)and finally got my nerve up and went into a large post office facility to grab some tax forms, i plan to be a little more aggressive the third time, just remember to take small steps and build your confidence up, good luck!

Regina

Good for you Erica,
    I am a laundry goddess when dressed...my DW counts on Eva's laundry skills to keep our house humming along.

All you people who say to go out after dark might want to think about why real women don't want to be alone in dark places. Especially if there are drunk people near.

Daytime is much safer.

Have Fun

First steps are never wimpy and have fun.

Anna

I agree with Butterfly Bill , dark places, closed stores,sounds scary. Mabee even trouble with the law!
    Better to find a TV club or group I think.

Have fun sis..you are beautiful!

Enjoy youself, just remember to keep us abreast of developments...
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional.

Coral

Erica:

Don't call driving in a car a whimpy step at all. I have gone out driving in my car several times in the past few weeks. I never got out of the car anywhere. It was a brave step for me. I hope you have fun this weekend out there.