Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A question on the average age of the CD on this website

Proud owner of long salt and pepper hair!

54 now but started coming here in my 40s. Of course, the longer we participate the older we get.

48. I didn't start fully dressing til 46. Sigh.
    Feel fat, old, and ugly.

I will be 59 later this year. Halloween last year was my first time going out dressed. I have not told anyone that I am a crossdresser, nor do I think I care to at this point. Those that do know me do know that I had a very nice time while dressed at the party and have expressed to several of my friends and family that enjoyed it very much.

With that said I have been under-dressing since I was in my teens, and for me, I think that being Divorced, my Ex passed, and my son is now almost 30 (moved back home recently). Add to that I have a good job that I plan to retire from as soon as 62 rolls around, and feel secure enough in myself I dress as often as I feel the urge. Makeup skills suck. not much practice there. The other factor with Makeup is that I have very sensitive eyes and allergies, so they water all the time.

I would love to go full makeup and dress up everyday. It is just not practical for me to do it. I am not sure my friends at work would understand either, and being a "go to" guy, that might present a problem. Maybe if I came in day one dressed would make a difference, but starting now? No.

Someone else mentioned Smartphones. Honestly if I was not working, I am not sure I would carry mine much. I retired from the Navy almost 30 years ago and took my watch off day one. I can go without a smart phone.

And as free spirited as California is, (born and raised there), I cannot see myself moving back to a state that is in such disrepair.

29 and I love posting here. I've learned so much not only about myself but about life through interacting with all of you and I can't thank you enough!

Micki Thats a good answer but I do think it is unfortunate. Transition is a big step and I have known people who regret it. When I was younger I may have considered it. But as I matured shall I say I realized that CDing might loss its thrill and that would be unfortunate.
    Anyway the average age is what ever age you are. CDing spans a lifetime.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I will add that whole 'he' is 48, I'm 43. I'll be 44 in December.
    Yeah I took 5 years off my femme self so sue me. 😁

I think that for some like me, perhaps during the early 20's to perhaps late 30's we are able to repress the crossdressing urge to the point where we truly believe that it was either just a phase, or that we had outgrown it. During that time, I went for over 10 years without crossdressing, and the idea of doing it was rare, and fleeting at best. When other things in my life are going okay, for me it's pretty common for me to avoid crossdressing. It's when the levels of stress get too high, that I cannot keep the desire to crossdress under control, and it becomes a problem again.
    It is this experience which winds up biting us in the butt, because during those good times many of us wind up getting married, thinking that all of our crossdressing is in the past. Then when the desire comes back, our wives have a conniption fit over it, and it winds up either destroying our marriage, or doing significant damage to it.
    JMHO. Your experience may vary.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    I don't get offended if someone asks my age. I had to go back through some of your posts to find anything close to stating your age which appears to be in your thirties. Therefore, I am assuming Ginger82 correlates to 1982. My handle correlates to 1947. Therefore I am a senior and soon turning 72. In many of my posts I do mention my experiences of the 1950's and 1960's so people can get a perspective of the by-gone years. Thank goodness they are by-gone years!

I do agree there can be a generational issue in relating to others not of a similar age. In my male life I encounter it all the time. I just do not fit in. Yes, if I go out for a beer it will probably be with others who have shared experiences. In the area I live I have not been able to find any group of cross dressers, let alone finding a group of senior cross dressers. I do wonder, if I would find a group, would I be viewed as a "grandma?" I listen in on conversations my wife and her female friends have and I do not hear them discussing cosmetics or current fashions. Maybe, it would be informative if those on this site/thread tell us exactly what they discuss when they do get together with others of the same age or a group of mixed generations. If I attend a club for hobbyists (stamps, coins, model railroading, etc) I'd expect there would be a bond made through similar interests. I would not expect that to segregate into age groups. I really do not know what happens at a mixed group of cross dressing men.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    I'm 63 (soon to be 64) as quite a few members on here my DOB on the site is not my actual BD. Glad to be here and met a lot of great folks on here, some in person. It is interesting the age of our members is so diverse.

I’m as old as my nose and a little older than my teeth.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I will be turning 74 in a couple of weeks but have felt the feminine pull of life from an early age...………………..Debra

Turning 65 in a few weeks. We all share a commonality so, as far as i'm concerned, age is irrelevant.

I have had a desire to dress since I was a child. Throughout the years the urges to don feminine attire would come and go. I never did much about it and I was always able to control the urges. Around the time I turned 50 my feminine side grew stronger as did the urges to dress. I fought the urges for another six years but my feminine side eventually won the battle. I turned 57 last month and have started to dress a bit more feminine. I am now a much happier person.

I'm 73 but didn't come out until I was 46. I think that probably the average age is somewhere in the range of middle age 40-55 because most don't come out at an early age.

I've been dressing since around age 11, but it became so much more about 6 years ago when I first went out dressed. I'm really 55, but like Abbie, I've shaved a few years off of Tina's age and claim I'm now 50.

I'm 38.
    I first experimented with dressing, probably like some many others, with my mom's clothes when I was around 10-11 years old. That was in the 80's and when my mom found a pile of her clothes stashed in my room, the scathing I received put pay to doing that again.

Until, I started babysitting for my neighbours. They eldest daughter who had moved out to university, had left a great selection of underwear and dresses. Once I'd made sure the lad I was looking after was sound asleep, I took my babysitting duties seriously, I would go to her room and select clothes to try on and go through her make-up and practice putting on lipstick.

As I went through my college years and meeting my, then girlfriend, now, wife, I stopped CDing. I til one anniversary in a very posh hotel in London.
    We had a few too many drinks and I told her that I occasionally tried her underwear and dresses on.
    Since then I've never looked back and she embraces the dressing as much as I do.

In answer to your question, I think the younger generation has so much more of an open world with the acceptance of the LGBT community that they can openly converse on any platform about their desires, needs or fetishes.
    For the older generations, it's still something that they feel needs to be kept to any inner circle of trusted friends and family and most of the people their own age probably wouldn't approve.

Xx

Turning 54 in a few weeks.
    Where does the time go?

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    57 here. I listened to my mom about the Ponds cold cream regimen
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

49 here.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCalifCD View Post
    Turning 54 in a few weeks.
    Where does the time go?
    Wow, I'm the 4th one in the thread that's 54. There might be someone here with my birthday. Obviously still unlikely, but I'm an a Aquarius
    Last edited by Leelou; 05-31-2019 at 10:30 PM.

A very young 64!

I am 46 and been at this as long as I can remember. I think my mother knew or could sense that I was this way and while she didn't encourage or directly support, I think she silently and subtlety enabled me to be where I am today to some extent. If she didn't pass so long ago, I feel strongly that she would be a full-on encouragement and support to me today. She always said she wanted a girl, I think she knew she had one.....

I need to say it too as I read through everyone's post, for so many of you to be as "experienced" as you are in life, when you look at your pictures and then look at the age you all look pretty damn good!
    Love makes everyone equal.

Silver Member
    I'm 42. I started posting here as a young adult. Now middle aged. How times flies.

The trans community has traditionally leaned middle aged and up (especially 50+). It is only in recent years it has started to change. I made first contact with the trans community at 19, in 1996, and no one I met was even close to my age. I remember one person just shy of 30, but even then they were married with a kid and such.

I use my phone for looking things up when traveling, but not much else. I don't know how young people manage to type on those tiny screens. I miss my buckling spring Model M IBM keyboard. Really showing my age I suppose.

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    I'll be 43 in Halloween