Thread: Wearing Her Dresses so she can make Alterations to them

Wearing Her Dresses so she can make Alterations to them

Has anyone ever got to experience the fun of helping out a Gal Pal or S.O. by putting on one of her dresses so she could alter it ?

This has been showed on several TV shows and in comics so it must really have occurred in relationships. That being said my wife never approached me about doing it darn !

Was the experience fun ?
    How did she react to seeing you in her dress ?
    What do you talk about when you are standing around in a dress ?
    Are you worried someone might catch you ?
    Did you get to wear her slip and maybe her bra also ?
    xxdd.jpg

Aspiring Member
    The cartoon was amusing, but I think he asked a dangerous question at the end. Or maybe it was wishful thinking.

Well if it happened with Blondie and Dagwood you know its real.

WZX.jpg

I don't doubt that when our studio is repaired (long story) and we can access the sewing stuff again that my wife will make me a dress or three. We picked some patterns a while back so yeah, she'll have to alter it for me, right?

Hi Robbie girl,

I've had the privilege of my wife letting me loose in her wardrobe and even letting me try on and wear, in the house, her favourite designer dresses.

She's even picked out certain ones that she thinks will suit me.
    I'm a very lucky girl.

The feeling was amazing, we spoke about different dresses, different styles and what we thought would suit my size and shape.

We are always worried about someone catching us as my brother is very proun to just turning up at the front door without any warning but I suppose this is just something we have to put up with and risk.

If you get the chance to wear your wife's dresses with her, grab it with both hands and enjoy.
    Xx

Aspiring Member
    Not exactly the same thing, but growing up it was common for our mothers to sew and make clothing to save money. My mother was quite an accomplished dressmaker and made some money making dresses for friends. As a small child she had me try on some as she made alterations. I believe that once I started school my days as a model was finished.
    There was one project she had where she helped a friend make a wedding dress. Her friend's daughter was in college and getting married in June. Since her daughter was away in college they had to use her younger brother. He was about the right size. I recall my mom having fun with that and saying that she hoped his sister looked as lovely as he did.

Gregory Peck in the 1946 film 'The Yearling'

peck-in-dress-yearling.jpg
    People try to put us down
    Just because we get around

I never was asked but I have purchased Items that I loved and didn't fit exactly right. I scoured the yellow pages (I know this dates me) and found a lovely woman in Ft Myers who had no problem with altering clothes for me. What a feeling to stand on the pedestal all dolled up looking in the 3 way mirrors and having her pin me up. She did fantastic work and didn't charge me an arm and a leg!

XO
    Peni

So Ladies when you are standing in your dress on a pedestal do you discuss girl things or is the discussion more about Guys wearing dresses ?

And who here wouldn't volunteer to wear a wedding dress to help out with alterations ?

zzxxxxxxx.jpg

Platinum Member
    My mother was an accomplished sewer. She made many of her own clothes. I use to help her sometimes with the length of the dress. She had a gizzmo which was a vertical rule attached to a base that had a bottle of chalk with a bulb and hose attached which sprayed a chalk line to mark the length of the dress. I would have to spray the chalk line on the entire circumference of the dress. At that time I had no interest in wearing women's attire. That came later. Some women in the apartment building tended to have too much of a critical eye and would find fault with any woman's hand made dress. My mother had a good friend who did alternations for a well known fashion house in Manhattan and would bring home some labels which were sewn into the neck/collar of a dress. Presto! Hand made instantly turned into high fashion!

My mother made dresses for my sisters and although she never put them on me, she would hold them up on my body to gauge a size. Eventually I would sneak around and try them on. Hence, I do believe this is why I am the way I am today.

I had a girlfriend who was an accomplished seamstress, and I was often used as a model, especially for getting the bottom hem straight. One day I asked who the particular dress thato I was modelling, was for. Her reply was, it could be for you if you would like it. I wore that dress many times over the next few months.

I wore my dresses so as a girlfriend could alter them for me.

That happened a lot with wedding dresses.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    If there's any rule of cross-dressing is that to never, but never wear anything of hers.
    She can wear your stuff, but never wear her stuff unless she says so, and she has to mean it.
    Trust me.