Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than one?

More than one?

There's a thread running at the moment started by luuv2dress about what we keep in our handbags/purses.

This prompted me to wonder how many of us have more than one bag, say a day to day and a going out one or different colours to match different outfits. I normally stick with one as I've usually spent considerable time picking out the one that's just right. That said I have been known to colour coordinate in the past. Old bags getting a run out but changing things over from one to the other is a pain.

Supplementary question; are you like me and need a bag to have multiple compartments. Throwing everything into the bottomless pit that seems to be totes just doesn't work for me. A place for everything and everything in it's place. If fact it's a pet hate of mine, GG's who wait until the cashier has put everything into a bag, rung up the total and then, and only then do they start to dig around in their oversized bag for their purse. Grrr, you couldn't do that while you were just stood there??

Oh and finally, are you drawn to designer labels or is practicality or style more important? I must admit I could never ever pay what some bags cost. It's no better made and doesn't do anything a more budget one can do.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen, I have several hand/shoulder bags, and I do select according to what I am wearing, or where I am going. The same applies Wetherby I am in male or female presentation.
    And yes I do prefer compartments in my bags, much easier to find things that way.
    All of my bags are chosen for style and practicality, never been one for designer labels.
    Kaye

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    I admit I have a favourite black leather handbag , I paid less than £10.00 for it and I love it but I bit the bulleyt and bought a light biege bag for the summer , it has so many compartments ( perhaps too many ! ) it will go better with my range of light coloured skirts and T shirts .

I do have other bags and try to make the effort to colour cordinate but changing bags is a bind with all the extras that accumulate .

I'm only drawn to designer labels if they've been reduced enough , I have to say most charity always have a good range , for leather ones costing £10.00 or even less why pay silly prices ?

One final point , is it a man thing to get the credit card ready and not dive into the bag when you reach the check out ? That can backfire ! I had my card ready and slipped into a convenient pocket or so I thought , my items were just being checked through at the supermarket , I went to pull my card out but it was gone ! A kind shopper had picked it up where I dropped it and handed it in , the check out staff at Aldi's have bluetooth so a quick request from the SA brought a staff member out from the office with my card . Oh boy , panic over !!

Oh I’ve got almost as many handbags and clutches as I do shoes.

Purses are like shoes! I have a good selection and they all have pockets at least! My last was a white one and now I must consider white heels and Payless is gone! Sigh! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Aspiring Member
    I have leather ones in black, marine navy, dark brown and light beige, with a pleather one in royal blue. That means I have one to go with all my outfits. My mother always made sure she carried a leather handbag as she believed she got better service in shops that way. If you spend quite a lot on clothes as I do it makes sense to get a good one, as cost per wear comes down but I don't aspire to the designer stuff. I also have leather gloves in similar colours (and shoes, obviously) - the colours are not identical but they are from the same family so not completely matchy-matchy. All but the light beige one are long-strapped shoulder bags - the beige one is tucked under the armpit. I notice that women almost always carry theirs on the left shoulder but I can't bring myself to do that and prefer the right.

It’s not the leather that gets the SA’s attention, it’s the designer label these days.

More than one in different colors, most were my wife's, one was a gift. Which one I use depends on where I'm going, what I'm wearing, and how much I need to carry. Some are formal clutches all the way to some decent sized purses.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have several hand bags and match the bag to the outfit, it only takes a minute to switch the contents.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    I have three bags, ranging from casual to dressy. One compartment is sufficient for me. And Ross brands are fine, sometimes can get lucky with a brand name
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

I have six shoulder bags of various colors that I alternate depending upon what outfit I am wearing. They all have at least some compartments.
    Hugs, Carole

I constantly have to effort not to buy bags, I want them all. Most of my bags end up going to the wife, she steals them from me. We visited a payless last weekend that had everything 50% off or better since they are going out of business, and she bought one that I fully intend to steal from her. I am drawn to many of the designer brands but also know it is ridiculous to pay those prices, and keep an eye out at stores like Ross and other discount stores for a deal. The one I am currently using is from walmart and I love it. We have a few smaller bags that we don't use that often that we keep as backups or when the larger bag is not necessary. I have been considering a small bag for when we are playing tourist, and really want to get a crossbody bag, but my wife say that is a younger person's fad. I bet I will get one and she will steal it before I know it!

I love compartments and having my stuff organized. My current bag didn't have compartments but came with smaller zipper bags that I keep everything separate in.

My wife and I went to see Tiffany Haddish and she goes into a bit about designer bags, my wife took that bit to heart. Tiffany said "whatever the bag costs, I have to keep at least that amount of cash in the bag" so we are not getting any Birkin bags anytime soon I guess.
    Love makes everyone equal.

10 different bags, in various styles and colours.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

I have several shoulder bags in different styles and colors for general use. I choose based on outfit and mood. I also have three or four clutches to go with my more formal dresses. That do say that variety is the spice of life!

Silver Member
    Sadly, just two. My main one is a coach hand me down from my wife, and I have a smaller evening one that's a little nondescript. My wife replaced hers recently, but she is not happy with it. But it has more pockets with zippers, which I would really like. I told her we can get her a new one. She said she felt bad wasting the new one. So I told her I would be happy to take it. She then said, "darn I just threw the old out in the trash". So now I need to get her a new one if I can get her to go to the proper store with me, a nice Fossil wpuldeet her style and utility. Of course we do share taste on things like purses

I have maybe a dozen bags, but one goto bag that I use almost all the time. It's a black leather crossbody bag with three zippered compartments. The largest compartment has a zippered compartment and 3 little pockets for carrying lipstick or keys.

Almost all of my bags are crossbody bags, even though I usually carry them over one shoulder.

I have several super-mini crossbody bags just big enough to keep some lipstick, cash and credit cards. I use these as crossbody bags when I expect to be dancing and don't want to worry about someone taking my bag.

Oh, and I love designer bags as long as the designer is Sears, KMart or JC Penny. I'd much rather have more bags than more expensive bags.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 06-01-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I have 6 bags.....I have 3 really small clutches that are only used when going to clubs. Then I have 3 "shoulder bags" that I carry when I am out in any other form whether shopping or going to restaurants, etc...I ALWAYS want more but I try to restrain myself...LOL

Banned Read only
    I have a few bags, but can also share in my wife's bags too. But my main bag is a black over the shoulder leather bag, with several compartments. I like having my phone in it's own compartment and my reading/sun glasses and makeup in another. My ladies wallet holds all my cards and money goes in the main along with my brush and everything else. There is a couple zipper compartments inside the main that I can use to secure special items like my passport. My other over the shoulder purse has a "wallet compartment" that can hold all my cards and money if I want to go that way. Also I have a little clutch that can hold my phone, money and cards, the wrist strap fits securely on my wrist. I like that when I don't want to carry my over the shoulder purse.

I have a few purses but gravitate to the same black leather one almost every time. It pairs well with most outfits, is the perfect size and there is a spot for everything I carry.

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen , There are so any Handbags and so little Time. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

About 12 leather bags

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Reading through this thread, I clearly need more handbags.

I have many handbags which is funny my wife uses the same bag for the current season. She picks a season colors and stays with it. She claims it's a pain to switch with every outfit chance. I can kind a see her point, it would be a pain. (ok ok I would like to dress more to be but in that position lol)

I probably have 10.

Use the one that best works with what I'm wearing. Normally a crossbody bag with jeans.

I joke with my wife that I'm going to buy a Coach or MK bag. She just laughs and says I'm crazy lol

I fully expect that if (when) I start going out en femme I'll acquire more than one, certainly. Switching stuff isn't too much hassle. I do that already with the junk stuffed in my suit pockets (I still carry my lippy, concealer stick and brush/mirror combo even in guy mode. Add keys, tissues, wallet, phone. Yeah same hassle...).
    My wife has shedloads of bags.
    But I'm confident with the one I have being multipurpose for a time. Even if my wife does hate it with a passion. She likes my fawn coloured suede overcoat though. Now if she'd just let me show the rest of the world...