Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: does your femme persona have a back story?

does your femme persona have a back story?

Hello,
    I don't have a female name or pseudonym, but I was wondering - if you do have a femme name does your femme persona have a history different from your own?
    luv J

In my case, no.

And to be honest, the idea seems a bit strange.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

No, because I don’t have a femme “persona”. I go by a different name, and I may act differently, especially if performing, but I don’t like think of “her” as a different person, and she certainly doesn’t have her own “backstory”

No! Lana Mae is me! My history is her history! She is not independent of me! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I have other things to occupy my mind than making up a fictitious story about myself. I agree, it is a bit strange. But, whatever gets you through the night.

Only one persona here. Sorry.

I suppose I kinda understand some of the appeal but clearly it's far from enough for any of us to have given it serious consideration.
    The girl is too much a part of us to have her own story. As has already been mentioned.
    Do tell if you come up with one though. And why you felt the need?

Platinum Member
    Hi Jacques , When I joined the form I need a name, I didn't want a name connected to anyone in my
    life past or present, So My favorite color is Blue and my favorite flower is an Orchid and that is
    where Blue Orchid came from, Nothing More , Nothing Less. >Orchid ..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

No history for my female persona, but the history of my name is Lisa was the name of a girl I had a major crush on in high school, but she would never give me the time of day, so I took her name. Marie is my grand mother's name.She just accepted me for me. She didn't care if I dressed like a girl or anything else for that matter.
    So I've been Lisa Marie since high school, but I've been dressing far longer than that.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

You mean like saying one was bitten by a radioactive woman, that sort of thing?

I can't speak for others, but I crossdress to show another one of my true facets. Why should it have a different origin?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Read only
    Not really, my forum name is just the feminine of my given name, but that is not what I go by now when en-femme. The name I use now I always thought was a pretty girls name ever since I was young.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why is it people assume there is some huge fantasy to all this?
    I am me and don't have time for some contrived story about my name so no there is no back story.

I think I can see what you are getting at but for me the answer is no as there is no separate persona, it is just me.

Lmao at Patience.
    I think I was married to a radioactive woman. She sure as hell was toxic! Lol

Not really a back story. As Lana Mae says, I'm just me, but my profile biography will give some idea.
    Calling bigotry an "opinion" is like calling arsenic a "flavor".

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Unusual question, worth asking. Just me here though. Why would I reinvent myself?

No. Like others have said, i don't have a separate "persona".
    I dress rather differently depending on where i am / who i'm with, but it's still just me.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Just me here. With a liking for clothes society tells me are for women. Why does 'society' care what I wear?

I'll join the chorus here. While I may have chosen a femme name I I don't have a seperate femme persona history. My femme side is an integral part of me that can not be seperated.

Quote Originally Posted by jacques View Post
    Hello,
    I don't have a female name or pseudonym, but I was wondering - if you do have a femme name does your femme persona have a history different from your own?
    luv J
    I don't think having a different back story really helps.

I can understand why the question was asked.

as an example not everyone would say they played soccer growing up. this is because historically girls were not allowed to play. Things are much better now.

My history is what it is. However I am careful what I say when I meet someone new.

You can give some details without mentioning if you were male or female.

Remember not everyone gets read all the time.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

There is a form of transgenderism that shows the dual persona characteristic. In general it is called bi-gender which is where the two genders have separate personalities. I knew a person back in 2012 when I was going to group therapy that was strongly that way. It is a kind of multiple personality disorder. Tamara really struggled but in time there seemed to be a bit of a merging of the two into more of a single persona that was more comfortable and the previous fairly distinct personalities became more integrated into each other. Bi-genderism is pretty uncommon. Also, chimeras (having two sets of chromosomes of the opposite sex perhaps produced by being a fraternal twin where one twin absorbs the other early in development) tend to have two personas, but they are really rare. One of them came and talked to our group. What a struggle, but a really sweet person with a heart the size of a continent.

The interesting thing is that dealing with these conditions usually involves helping the person merge their identities and personalities to cut off all the conflicts that occur when there are two personas. Back in 2012 I conceptualized myself as two people in one, but quickly realized that is not really a solution to having to come to grips with being some kind of trans person. Now, what was two then, are fully merged and form a single persona with complimentary characteristics that form a complete persona out of a splitting caused by 60 years of denial. The two names do not indicate two personalities, but two interconnected concepts. I seem to be trending toward having just one name so it completes the integration. Maybe it will happen, maybe not. But what I have now is more comfortable than anything I have had in the past.

My brother and I are Identical twins.
    I have been working on the family farm and he went into the Air Force. Then worked as a Civil Servant .

We had a portrait made a few years ago.I am the one in the green Formal
    My hair is three inches longer no but still as thin in both strand size and density.
    Last edited by Leslie Mary S; 06-02-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Nice reply Gretchen. As ever.
    For me my personality is maybe like a mixing desk. Different traits on sliders shifted from time to time. It's how I've developed as a man. I've pushed my 'compassion slider' past 11, for example. I try.
    Abbie and male me have different presets on the board. I think. She's a tad happier, a little less highly strung, less hair trigger. She's more mindful too.
    But make no mistake the mixing desk is me, and I don't need to know the reason why Abbie or Chris are messing with the sliders. 😬

I'm who I am, I don't use other name, so I don't use other story either.

Gretchen, perfectly said. I actually have some characters of chimerism (my eyes are slightly different colors, for one). And there are two very distinct personalities coexisting in me. Some small examples are the fact that my "brother" does not drink and I love my wine! He hates for his legs to be touched, but when mine are I get all... well, nevermind. 😊 The few people who know about me say I am so different than him. I'm more confident, sassy, and happier. Anyway, maybe we share the major points in our history, but I am not him and he is not me.