Thread: You think like a girl

You think like a girl

Really what was your first clue?

Like an epiphany, this new roommate came out with this. He has been here now for a few months.

My Landlord (we are very close) and I are in the living room watching TV and talking, normal. New roommate is walking through to go out back to smoke. He stops to chat and in the conversation comes out with this. My friend looks at me and smiles. I’m sure she was thinking the same as me.

This happened to me once before. I spent a few days with this guy. You know three days what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. I’m on the couch he comes out of the bedroom, it was a suite, and he says “you think like a girl”. I remember thinking the same thing.

I don’t know I just thought I would share something on the light side.

It is kind of funny! My wife said, "There will be only one women in this relationship(marriage)!" Then after she passed away, my daughter tells me that she told her, "Sometimes I think he should of been born a girl!" She is probably looking down right now and saying, "OMG, I was right!" Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

hello Jean,
    I would accept that as a complement!
    luv J

Lana Mae, I'm sure she is.

Jacques, I do. Still it is funny that it takes some people a while to see it.

Having spent the morning working on a spreadsheet to keep track of my embroidery floss, I might be inclined to think that "Think like a girl" applies to me too.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Embroidery doth not a girl make, April. And neither my wife nor I use spreadsheets to keep track of our flosses or silks.
    I'm trying but struggling to think what 'think like a girl' even means.

I've been told this several times.

For example: when asked directions, I am more likely to tell you "... drive down this road until you get to the yellow house with light green shutters, make a right, keep going until you get to the McDonalds, make a left and it is just past the supermarket."

Meanwhile, guy friends will say "... take county route 44, 3 and 4/10ths miles, turn right onto County Route 144 for 6 miles, turn left onto Mainland Drive, and it's a quarter mile on your right"
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My second ex wife said that to me more than a few times.

The best compliment.

My ex wife told me recently living with me was like living with another woman and 2 woman in the house didnt work was,nt sure what to make of that comment so laughed it off

I guess that is not a totally uncommon compliment for this community. 😁
    Crissy

Isn't it interesting how we can take a comment or statement that may have been intended to be cut or taken as something a guy would not appreciate and turn it into a positive? Of course, whether it was a criticism or not depends on the voice tone, but I think most of us would appreciate a comment like that. Happened to me last week in a bit different way.

I was at a doctor's office discussing an upcoming medical procedure that involves hormones and he warned me of the possibility of a good deal of gynecomasatia. Most guys would likely be seriously dismayed over a statement like that. To me, I felt like asking him, with a big smile, "How much?" I imagined enough boob that I would have to wear a bra most of the time so I don't show the floppies. But it was off subject and it was a serious discussion so I restrained myself. But I certainly felt a bit of pleasure from his comment.

My ex girlfriend told me this several times. It was particularly attached to some of my mannerisms. For instance when we were cuddling I would often rest my head on her chest and shoulder or sometimes on her lap. Or I would be the one being held instead of holding her. She would usually tolerate this for awhile and then say angrily to me "I wanna be the lady!" and switch positions to a more traditional (and more comfortable for her) cuddling pose.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Jean, I have met several hundred T girls over the years. Maybe 1000's? I'm not sure. Yet, even counting the ones that fully transitioned, I count the ones that seemed female to me on the fingers of one hand!

I'm not saying u aren't. And, I'm not saying all those girls acted all that male either. Just that T's who think and act like women r truly rare in my experience!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    How's a girl suppose to think? How's a guy suppose to think? Sounds like there are some societal expectations governing someone's thought process. That comments also shows a negative view of women. Anytime I heard a comment like that it was implying there was something wrong with female thoughts. And, telling it to a man was a way to imply negativity to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Meanwhile, guy friends will say "... take county route 44, 3 and 4/10ths miles, turn right onto County Route 144 for 6 miles, turn left onto Mainland Drive, and it's a quarter mile on your right"
    I think guys would be more likely to say "Take County Route 44 north for 3.4 miles, then go east onto County Route 144 for 6 miles, then north onto Mainland Drive. It'll be on your right in 1/4 mile."
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

Hi Sherry, It is because I get very emotional at times. I try and control it, than there are times I just can’t.

Oh so the time in Vegas started with you. It did honest.

It was my first DLV (I have only been twice). You were at the top of the list, people I wanted to meet.

The event was a privet room in the back of a men’s club. Bar, table’s stage with stripper poles. I would say the girls were having fun. I was getting a bit bored, I saw Sherry and went to say hi, forgetting my wrap. I said HI, Sherry was wearing her mask and the music was loud, so we couldn’t talk. Sherry asked if I would watch her stuff, while she went on stage. I said yes and sat down on the couch. I was planning on leaving when Sherry came back. This person sits down next to me and puts their hand on my leg.

We spent the rest of the week together.

At the farewell dinner one of the girls was asking if someone had lost a wrap at the club. I said I had and we made arraignments to meet the next day, as it was back at her room.

The next morning we are leaving the room, he is head heading down the stairs. He looks up and asks “what are you wearing”. I said “it’s a skort”. I like the skirt, not that it’s a skort.

We are at the hotel to pick up my wrap. There are some of his friends that we are also suppose too meet. The professor hands me my wrap, she is a professor. Anyway she wanted to go to the pool but no one would go with her, and she didn’t want to go alone. I didn’t have my suit but I told her I would go with her. We left my new boyfriend in the lobby waiting for his friends.

The pool was crowed, I just hiked up my skort and waded in. I don’t think we made it on TV. There were signs up warning that they were filming a show.

His friends didn’t make it. So the three of us went to lunch. The two of them are talking about stuff that’s way over my head. I’m like the dumb blond at the table.

I think it was day two when I was sitting on the couch, in a bit of a daze. When he comes out of the bedroom and says “you think like a girl”. Because like I said I get very emotional.
    Last edited by Jean 103; 06-04-2019 at 02:32 AM.

I see Jean talking about being emotional, I can say for myself since I have embraced my feminine side I definitely get more emotional. It may have always been there but now it comes to the surface much easier.
    Crissy

I'm not sure what is genetic or the result of societal expectations. I would assume the latter. Now as a straight male I find it easier to associate with women than men. I find women to be more open minded and easier to talk to. I have also known women who preferred the company of men rather than women. I think we all fall somewhere on the gender spectrum; some more than others.

In the classical concept of masculine and feminine, feminine is described as "expressive" and masculine is "instrumental." Thus women use a different structure in their speaking and thinking. They tend to ask questions rather than make statements the way men do. Often this comes across as more emotionally oriented in that the women's form of communication tries to open doors to creating emotionally related connections and relationships with other people. Also the expressive characteristic tends to be related to a stronger empathy, sympathy, and compassion in a way that makes others feel good. Meanwhile men tend to be more matter of fact about things.

These seem to be universal behavior patterns related to our sense of self and body ownership. Thus it is must be generated in the mid brain where our sense of gender initiates. Some structures in the mid brain have female forms and male forms with lots of evidence now that trans people are kind of mixed or intermediate in that respect and thus, to various degrees, can be the more emotionally oriented feminine or the more detail and factual oriented male. Cisgender men and women do have opposite gender sides, but in trans those sides are greatly exaggerated. Makes sense, but the jury is still out as to whether these characterizations actually exist solely in a fundamental and genetic sense or if there is a lot of social adaptation involved or if it is bit of both. Behavior always has some kind of genetic foundation, but environment often plays a huge role in further refining that basic programming. Hard to separate one from the other.

Most TSs and lower form TGs I have met also show a blend, as Sherry pointed out. And I have also found that completely feminine trans people are rare. But all tend to focus a great deal more on the emotional side of life than the factual and objective side of life. Personally, I have always had a very factual and analytical male side, but my feminine side is almost as intense, and now maybe more intense emotional way, than my male side. Does tend to be bug very masculine males that expect the more stereotypical behavior rather than being girlish and emotional a lot of the time. This is all a part of what generates the gender spectrum. The idealistic view is that men and women should be very different, as is viewed in more traditionally oriented thinking, while what actually seems to exist is a continuous variation not only between people but also within individuals.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like u had a more exciting week then I did, Jean!

Was THIS the event? I had a blast that nite, too!
    dmrd14d195 (4) (640x430).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!