Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those that go out dressed with their spouse

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    So people who go out naked with their spouses need not reply?

Why are they left hanging out?
    Well my wife and I have been out as girls together and also as nudists/naturists. The same things annoy my wife however we present, girls playing with their long hair at the dinner table. On a girls night out, in restaurants my wife gets annoyed (too strong a word really) if I start to shy away from looking the waiter/waitress in the face or ask my wife to order, but that is just my wife trying to boost my confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macey View Post
    Patience, I did have a couple of friends who referred to themselves as 'card carrying nudists'. Which begged the question 'where do you carry the card???'
    There is a book entitled "Where do nudists keep their hankies?" Me, I keep them in a bedside drawer, but the answer was that nudists are generally fit and healthy and don't need hankies. As for card carrying, you just need to show it to gain entry to some resorts or clubs, after which you won't need it. Of course you still need to carry cash or cards for any purchases, but there are ways and means.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

So I'm one of those who's nowhere near going out with my SO but reading the comments did get me thinking, always dangerous!

The who opens a door question. My view is if you're approaching a door walking side by side, if the handle/pushplate is on the left then the person on the right opens the door and visa versa. If it's a handle you pull and allow the other person to walk through, if it's a push plate, you walk through first and the hold the door open while your partner follows through. Simple etiquette.

As for the separate checks I don't see that as anything other than the server treating you as friends/acquaintances as opposed to potentially risking insulting two GG diners by assuming they're a gay couple. Okay I know it's no reason to feel insulted but there are those who will be sadly. Plus if you've been read by the server how many would feel that they're being offered the cheque because it's the man's job to pay.

We're all guilty at one time or another of over thinking things. Learning to let go and relax is a skill needing practice.

I think asking if you want separate checks is just common these days. My wife and I go out to eat often with me in drab, never dressed, and get asked every time and it is fairly obvious we are a couple. I would expect two women would get asked the same question.

Being asked about separate checks doesn't annoy me but my wife just isn't used to it. I joked the last time it happened that we needed to do more girls nights out so she could get used to it. She replied we'll see. We have a girls weekend planned this weekend so we will see.

My wife is planning a night out with me fully enfemme so will be really interesting to see what happens and looking forward to it but nervous at the same time

Spent the entire day dressed and we went to a local favorite restaurant for lunch. I was curious how the server would handle the checks. She put it all on one check and placed it in the middle of the table. Funny because Friday night we went to a Chili's and I was in full guy mode. Even need a shave rather badly. The server gave her the check. I took it and put my card in the folder and she brought it back and gave it to my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Mostly it's what would be considered "male" things, like holding the door for her. She always says, "I can do that".
    The only other thing that bothers her a bit is when I use the ladies room. I just tell her it's safer that the men's room if I'm dressed as a woman.
    Wow Cheryl that's interesting my wife would be appalled if I tried to use the men's room instead of the ladies room while out enfemme.

Jill
    Jill

Leeiou - Excatly. I think its a compliment. The servers see you as two girlfriends eating out together.

It happens to me and my wife all the time. We take it as a compliment.

We are treated like two girlfriends out for a meal. We get one bill. We obviously use the ladies toilets and touch up our makeup in the mirror together .

I have to say we are never asked if we want separate checks. The server puts the bill in between the two of us.