Thread: Rocky start to 2019

Rocky start to 2019

Hi everybody

I haven’t posted in a long time but i decided its time be more active again after 2019 started with a brush with death.

I had to have emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder after it had ruptured. I doing fine but there be no bare midriff tops anymore as they had to open me up and clean me out.

I spent February and March on sick leave wondering why me and not enjoying the aches and pains of post surgery recovery.

Fast forward to now and feeling much better and enjoying life again. I learned that I have a high tolerance for pain so I made sure to ask my family doctor where my appendix was so that I don’t make this mistake again.

The good side of this happening is that I am taking care of my general health better and have lost 20 pounds post surgery. I am going to continue to keep that off as I have been able to cut back on the shape wear and I am extremely happy about that.

Have a great day everybody.

Love yourself and be happy with who you are

Rebekah
    xxxxx

Hi Rebekah!
    Nice to 'meet' you. I've only been here a few months so we've not crossed paths.
    You've had fun, haven't you?! My wife is disabled and is constantly in and out of hospital, so I can sympathise somewhat with your rocky start.
    However, I'm glad you're doing better and seeing some positives out of your ordeal.
    Best wishes.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    We all have a limited amount of time. I'm happy to know you'll be with us for awhile longer!

Enjoy and use it wisely!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Rebekah;
    Get well soon, as for the bare midriff thing, that's why they make one piece Bathing Suits.
    Great to here from you.
    Rader

Rebekah,
    I'm so sorry to hear of the rough start you've had this year. Let's both assume that the rest of the year will make up for it.
    And you lost 20 pounds, despite losing it the hard way. The weight loss can only be a bonus for your health and self-image (and how your clothes look on you) .
    -peace
    -Gracie

Welcome back. Those emergency events (stuck kidney stones, gall bladder, heart attacks, etc.) certainly teach us how vulnerable we can be to sudden changes in our lives. Happy that all worked out well, even though I am sure the recovery was difficult. Even little surgeries are a blow to our systems. And very happy for you to be enjoying life again and getting back into your living routine that makes you much happier. The weight loss and experience I am sure will make life seem much more precious. I found that was true 8 years ago after a heart attack. Not major, but all heart attacks are serious.

Rebekah, I'm glad that you feel better. Congrats on the weight loss.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".