Thread: Three Close Calls and a compliment

Three Close Calls and a compliment

I often like to nip into Chesterfield at the weekend to do a little domestic shopping whilst dressed. On reaching the checkout queue in the first shop I realised that I had left my purse at home. There was no alternative, I had to drive home for it and once there thought I can’t be bothered to drive back so thought I would try and get what I needed in my own village.
    First shop was in a converted pub, and consequently a rather tight squeeze in the aisles. Half way round I glance to my left and realise I am level with, and only inches from, the wife of a close colleague. Thankfully she is looking to her left and the only thing I can do is speed up a little to get ahead and leave. It would have been very ironic if she had recognized me as her husband is somewhat misogynistic even on a good day and I didn’t think he was particularly understanding of trans people at all, but I have subsequently had to revise my opinion.
    Coming out of the second shop onto the Market Square I saw my neighbour, who also cat sits for me, and her friend, waiting at the bus stop which necessitated a quick change of direction.
    I had to head back to the big metropolis as I needed to scour the charity shops, not unfortunately for a new outfit but to find a cafetiere as I had broken mine earlier in the week. Just as I am entering the first one, I hold the door for a colleague and her friends. I can’t just leave so I quickly scan the crockery and exit stage left. As is the way, my quest remains unfulfilled till the last shop where I find my prize. Whilst I am paying the SA is lovely and compliments me on the sweater dress I am wearing, adding that she has the same one. This gave me a great little boost at the end of an eventful morning.

Left your purse at home!!! Mine is now a part of me like an extra appendage, I feel naked without it.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

What is a "cafetiere"?

Happy to hear that you are oot & aboot and enjoying yourself!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Alisa - A simple slip up as I flip between male bag and my favourite tan leather cross body bag and forgot to switch purse over.
    Jodie - for making coffee - glass jar, mesh top plunger pushed down once coffee is brewed. Might also be known as a coffee press, possibly?

Thanks! 'Coffee press' I understand. Ya have to remember that a lot of us are Colonials.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jodie_Lynn View Post
    Thanks! 'Coffee press' I understand. Ya have to remember that a lot of us are Colonials.
    You are "former" Colonials. We, north of the border, are still Colonials.
    GeorgeA
    formerly Salerba

"a miad" Man-in-a-Dress

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Helena, your post illustrates better than I ever could why I always shop in drab and don't EVER go out dressed close to home!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Omg, Talk about some close calls, yikes!! Glad you were able to end the day on a good note.

Keeping your heart healthy anyway, Helena...

Sherry - A good point. Many of us set self imposed exclusion zones. I have gradually been dismantling mine.

Kaylin - Yes. I could have shook the hands of two of them. It is funny, a few simple words give you a real boost.

Abbie - Yes a couple of little spikes on the ECG.

hello Helena and "colonials",
    In the UK a purse is what ladies keep their money in, and some men, like a wallet that stores coins as well as notes. My wife keeps her purse in a handbag - I think our American cousins call a handbag a purse.
    "The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language" to quote George Bernard Shaw,
    luv J