Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever actually put on something so Girly it made you PRANCE ?

Silver Member
    I'm not even sure what prancing looks like. But I will say this. When I put together an outfit that makes me feel fabulous and head out the door, the feeling of confidence is amazing. I feel like I can conquer the world. As I head for the car, a slight breeze wafts up inside my skirt and my walking stride feels assertive and purposeful. I call that a strut and I'm always reminded of the Bob Seger song where the line, "Oh. They love to watch her strut" goes through my mind like an earworm.

In my own tiny mind "prance" has a more frivolous connotation than "strut", but maybe they're the same thing with different labels.

As with Kimberly, Joyce, Jodie and Stevie, no prancing here — just a bit of looking at myself in the mirror, shaking my hips and butt, cavorting, gamboling, frolicking, romping, mincing, sashaying, slinking, and dancing around the apartment joyously. I'll accept the label "strutting" for this natural and joyful behavior.
    I love myself in curves!

Prancing would be in direct violation of our crossdressing agreement, section 12, paragraph 27. Standing on tip toes in front of a mirror and spinning around is fine.

'swishing' is fine but 'prancing' is too prissy even for you, Robbie?
    I had no idea there was even a border to your 'frilliness'. 😜
    I will say, a little more seriously though, that your idea of femininity and mine are poles apart. 🤷*♀️

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Prancing is for show horses.
    If I put on something girly and pretty I go out and have a good time dancing and singing.
    I Strut, I never Prance.

Dasher, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen were ok, but that Prancer guy. Not having it.

Yes, in fact years ago I had just shaved my legs for the first time.
    Having been out shopping I donned my garter belt, seamed stockings and these darling ankle socks in pink with little bows on the heels and lace trim. I slipped into my 4" stilettos and OMG I most certainly pranced in front of the mirror for ages. It was so exciting having smooth legs in stockings for the first time that it was all too much to take ... if you know what I mean.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Well I must admit I had forgotten when I was younger about putting on one of my sisters Ballerina outfits from one of her shows. When you put on a tutu, tights and ballet slippers it is impossible not to kind of dance about and twirl. I challenge you to give it a try if you doubt it.
    Well, I can't toe dance, and couldn't even try since they don't (AFAIK) make size 16 ballet slippers/toe shoes (with the cute ribbon ties that go around the ankle).
    I had a Danskin leotard and a cute skirt that went with it, though, and had no desire to try to dance, I only wanted to wear the cute outfit and dream of being pretty.

When I think of prancing, what I see is drag queen behavior, using exaggerated feminine movements, overly displaying flashy, very feminine clothes, speech, and pretty much every mannerism to those which are distinctly female.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Curious as to Prancing.... so for shits and giggles I looked it up. Not sure but prancing seems like a term for quadripeds. anyway I thought I would share it.

1 : to spring from the hind legs or move by so doing
    2 : to ride on a prancing horse
    3 : to walk or move in a spirited manner : STRUT
    also : to dance about
    Synonyms for prance
    Synonyms: Verb

sashay, stalk, strut, swagger

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    With almost 15 million views on YouTube, how has this not been posted yet...??

"A springy, rhythmic way of moving forward, similar to a horse's gait and is ideally induced by elation." copyright 1989, taken from my book Prancercise®:The Art of Physical and Spiritual Excellence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

YOULOVEMYTOES Palaina Nocturnus's Avatar
    Practically every time I put on something new, or an old favorite, I prance around happily like Rainbow Dash! The best is when someone else acknowledges and is happy for me!

I don't really know what prancing is.
    If it means, like, walking girly, I do that when I have my heels on.
    Stay inspired
    Amy

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    Prancing would be in direct violation of our crossdressing agreement, section 12, paragraph 27. Standing on tip toes in front of a mirror and spinning around is fine.
    That's edition 2, we are on edition 4 now, and there is an addendum to paragraph 27, granting exceptions for Pride parades and dance offs, especially when performed to distract intergalactic marauders.

Heck yes I've pranced on the dance floor, and I'm darn good at it. Which should be the blanket response to that prudish question. Prance, here let me show you!

It's funny how my mind can compartmentalize stuff. One of my serious hobbies is buckdancing (AKA flatfoot dancing). I've even done it dressed in a square dance outfit with massive petticoats flying. But, I never associated it with "prancing" It's pretty close. In case you don't know what buckdancing is, here is an example:

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ellbee View Post
    With almost 15 million views on YouTube, how has this not been posted yet...??

"A springy, rhythmic way of moving forward, similar to a horse's gait and is ideally induced by elation." copyright 1989, taken from my book Prancercise®:The Art of Physical and Spiritual Excellence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew

When I see that, horse is not the animal that comes to mind.

Something else middle eastern, appropriate since today is Wednesday. Yikes!

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    Perhaps something like this is more your speed?

"Princess really starts workin' it" around the 0:35-mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p1xlxYd6k

Prancing? No. I just find that if I am wearing really nice clothes, men's or women's, I walk taller and with confidence and a smile. That is all I ask of clothing, no matter who it is designed for.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Stevie down here in the south that is called clogging or barn dancing.

There's no telling what I might do when dressed in certain outfits. A frilly dress might cause that reaction, but I don't have anything frilly to wear .

Never been caught prancing but I've been seen dancing a few times.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Read only
    All it takes for me is putting some heels on. Oh and (fishnet) hose help too

I’m gonna go with the less popular opinion of always prancing around when in Julie mode. It’s definitely not the same as walking around in guy mode - disheveled flat footed slob. Don’t get me wrong, utilitarian guy mode is fine for regular days, but on Julie days there is that naturally different posture and extra spring in my step. If someone wants to call that prancing, fine by me. But, I’m not gonna let it be insulting or derogatory, cuz if it’s wrong, then I don’t wantta be right.
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Banned Read only
    One time, long long ago, I was at a dark private club in NYC when someone strapped a saddle to my back and a harness around my head. That was the only time I was ever compelled to start prancing.