Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever actually put on something so Girly it made you PRANCE ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Have you ever actually put on something so Girly it made you PRANCE ?

Over the years I have heard women use the term Prancing to describe what they think men do when we put on their frilly dresses and lingerie . Do you think this is true or just the women kind of teasing us ?

I mean i will admit to swishing in a dress, but prancing just sounds so un manly ?

Has anyone ever been caught prancing ?

Any thoughts or experiences

Thanks

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "Unmanly"? Isn't that what we STRIVE FOR here?

Personally, I don't bother with: shaving my face very often, shaving anywhere else, ever, painting my nails, wearing earrings, or underdressing. And, not because any of that is UNMANLY! Because it's all a nuisance!

And, "No", I've never even thot of prancing around when dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    I think the term may be used to denigrate a man who wears women's clothing. I'd also throw in the term "sashaying." Both terms produce a visual of the person exaggerating his or her movements. Having been married to a very attractive and sexy woman for a very long time there have been many times when she was 'modeling' some new attire and seeking an approval. Yes, sometimes she may have done a twirl in front of me or in front of a full length mirror to see how the dress moves with her body. I have never seen a woman "prance" with an exaggerated movement. The visual I get is really ridiculous. That is what I think some women visualize. Again, to me it is to denigrate a cross dresser.

Me? It has never occurred to me to 'prance' around.

I will admit to cavorting, gamboling, frolicking, romping, mincing, and sashaying, but prancing is beyond the pale. It's not like I'm some kind of pansy!!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I will admit to cavorting, gamboling, frolicking, romping, mincing, and sashaying, but prancing is beyond the pale. It's not like I'm some kind of pansy!!
    I see I'm not really needed here.

I'll admit to sauntering, but that's irrespective of attire.
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    For some reason I am picturing a Tennessee walking horse wearing a tutu and prancing as they are trained to do.

Personally I don't recall ever prancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    For some reason I am picturing a Tennessee walking horse wearing a tutu and prancing as they are trained to do.

Personally I don't recall ever prancing.
    Yup Tracii! I get the same visual which always includes horses, lol. The tutu just added to the visual!

So the question is, Robbie, do you feel that you prance?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Prancing is for show horses.
    If I put on something girly and pretty I go out and have a good time dancing and singing.
    I Strut, I never Prance.

Dasher, Dancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen were ok, but that Prancer guy. Not having it.

Prancing would be in direct violation of our crossdressing agreement, section 12, paragraph 27. Standing on tip toes in front of a mirror and spinning around is fine.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BTWimRobin View Post
    Prancing would be in direct violation of our crossdressing agreement, section 12, paragraph 27. Standing on tip toes in front of a mirror and spinning around is fine.
    That's edition 2, we are on edition 4 now, and there is an addendum to paragraph 27, granting exceptions for Pride parades and dance offs, especially when performed to distract intergalactic marauders.

Heck yes I've pranced on the dance floor, and I'm darn good at it. Which should be the blanket response to that prudish question. Prance, here let me show you!

It's funny how my mind can compartmentalize stuff. One of my serious hobbies is buckdancing (AKA flatfoot dancing). I've even done it dressed in a square dance outfit with massive petticoats flying. But, I never associated it with "prancing" It's pretty close. In case you don't know what buckdancing is, here is an example:

I definitely look at myself in the mirror and switch my hips and shake my butt and other feminine movements lol but I don’t know if that is really prancing.

What came to mind in reading your title is more of a general interpretation of the question rather than a literal meaning of prancing. So with that being said it came to mind once when I was alone I put on what was termed a Mexican Wedding Dress. Which was white cotton an made of large lace. Elastic around the neck so it could be worn off of the shoulders if wanted to. I played Shania Twain Man I Feel Like a Woman and danced around the apartment joyously. Dance/prance... whatever... great memories. Thanks for the recall.

Banned Read only
    Prancing is what separates the Lipizzaners from the lolligagers.

Well that and being able to jump the goat...
    Last edited by Robertacd; 06-07-2019 at 09:47 PM.

I've sauntered, sashayed, strolled, strutted, swayed, and even slinked (slunk?) on occasion, but I can't recall ever 'prancing'.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

How about not wearing something that made me prance? .

OK, so when I was young and still coming to terms with coordinating a quickly growing body, I used to dash around my parents' house wearing no shoes. Often when rounding a corner, I made the mistake of taking it a little too tightly, and I blasted my little toe against the washing machine or a skirting board. That used to trigger some skippy, hoppy, dance motions.

It was a delayed pain . The brain seemed to process very quickly that it was going to hurt a lot before it did. The wait was like being led to the gallows. I sometimes started a mild dance beforehand to try and shore up my alleviation equity. Never worked! .

- Lydianne.

Tried on a black skater skirt in a shop, hopped out of the change room to see the big mirror in the changing room foyer.
    So excited I did a big twirl.
    My CD friend and the SA both saw my G-string and both let out a chuckle.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I'm with Rachel, I have twirled, but never pranced.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

On occasion when I think I look goooood in a new outfit. I but that extra bounce in my step. My wife doesn't use that term but does comment on my added enthusiasm lol.

No. I feel contentment when I think I look good.

Well I must admit I had forgotten when I was younger about putting on one of my sisters Ballerina outfits from one of her shows. When you put on a tutu, tights and ballet slippers it is impossible not to kind of dance about and twirl. I challenge you to give it a try if you doubt it.

Not sure about clothing induced prancing, skirt twirling for sure. Though my youngest son is quite energetic and we have pranced a few times on hikes and such.

I'm surprised no one has looked it up...so...here it is according to Google Dictionary:
    ..(of a person) walk or move around with ostentatious, exaggerated movements.
    "she pranced around the lounge impersonating her favorite pop stars"
    synonyms: cavort, dance, jig, trip, caper, jump, leap, spring, bound, skip, hop

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Swindell View Post
    I'm surprised no one has looked it up...so...here it is according to Google Dictionary:
    ..(of a person) walk or move around with ostentatious, exaggerated movements.
    "she pranced around the lounge impersonating her favorite pop stars"
    synonyms: cavort, dance, jig, trip, caper, jump, leap, spring, bound, skip, hop
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydianne View Post
    That used to trigger some skippy, hoppy, dance motions.

- Lydianne.