Thread: Primping Day

Primping Day

Today I went to the Endocrinologist for my first Injection. To celibrate, I first had a pedi done. I decided to visit a new place made an appointment the day before I was in drab. I didnt say much until the end when I ask for color. Well you would have thought I was the first guy to have ever asked. I was persisiant and my toes are Happly RED.

Happy toes.JPG

Then I went to the salon, showed a Pixy cut and ask her do the same. Well the back came out right and I left the top long. The side she cut short and even thougth when I schedule the appointment online I choose women with cut, wash, and blow she charge me what a guy get charged. I was both disappointed and a bit happy the side short but the price was lower.

So all in all a nice day.

Love all
    Lisa

Congratulations, but... you need to find a new nail salon. One salon, probably 30 years ago, told me "We no do men". Other than that, I've had my nails done every 6- 8 weeks (skipped some in there, but you get the point) for over 30 years without a single negative experience. Drab or dressed, didn't matter. I've gotten color every single time, but I've NEVER been asked. Every single time in many different salons, different cities, different states, there's a rack of polish. You just go over and pick your polish and hold onto it until it's your turn. I don't even know how it'd work if you had to ask. There are always LOTS of colors, and I don't know how you'd ever pick one from across the room. Usually takes me a few minutes. Shake the bottle, compare, go on to the next bottle... you can easily kill a few minutes.

While it's not exactly common for guys to wear polish, it's far from rare. I see it out occasionally and I've been in the salon when other guys were getting polish, including boys as young as five. I can't imagine that any nail tech is surprised by it these days. When I first started doing it, that was another matter.

Just relax and enjoy!