Thread: A truly beautiful meeting

Silver Member

A truly beautiful meeting

I took this afternoon off from work, put on one of my favorite chiffon skirt, a chiffon top and my pink wedges, and went to my favorite dress shop. I found a good number of skirts and dresses to try on (but only one top) And the SA set me up in a fitting room.

My favorite SA finished her lunch, found me and I began modelling. At the same time, there was a group of three female customers shopping for a wedding. So they were also in the fitting room as I modelled my things. Everybody raved about two midi length skirts. Not really in my wheelhouse, but I'm not against expanding my range, so I took them both at $30 each. As often happens they began commenting on how nucely dressed I was and then came the real gold nugget. A brother of the bride is going to be a bridesmaid! Dress, hair, nails, makeup, the works! I loved it, and felt a tad jealous. She told me her family has tons of gender diversity and it's all perfect to her.

It turned out we were at the checkout at the same time as well. The dress she bought was one I bought a few years ago and still consider a favorite, and now the store has brought it back. I told her how much I loved that dress and she replied that out tastes look pretty similar and maybe we should become better acquainted so she could borrow from me. I paid and started the longish walk to the front exit. As I did all three ladies called for me to "walk the walk". I gave them my best crossover walk and could feel my chiffon skirt swishing back and forth. All three of them hooted their approval as I waved once and left.

The biggest gem was learning about her son the bridesmaid. Who among us wouldn't jump at that chance? But nearly as nice is just being in the conversation like I was one of the girls. It made zero difference that I am a MIAD (I still don't like the acronym, but it's an easy shortcut), and not a GG. Our mutual interest in the clothes is enough to make a connection. It's beautiful and the best argument I can make in favor of shopping in person. You just can't get that kind of experience from online shopping. I hope this long entry is enough to encourage more of my sisters to take the plunge and go shopping.

Very nice story. Thank you for sharing.

A nice story. Shopping in person is best and essential for wigs. I never have any problems trying on clothes and getting assistance from the shop.

Suzanne, that is outstanding!

Suzanne,

Lovely story.

So what we had was people being nice to complete strangers. Why do so many find that concept to be so hard to imagine. I know I don't get out and about as often as many here but every time I do I end up engaging with total strangers albeit while on trains, buses, waiting in the queue at the cashiers, pretty much anywhere. And I think it's not just women, I've chatted to males as well.

Suzanne's tale is both charming and at the same time, not that unusual, apart from the bridesmaid bit of course! That's got to be fairly unique.

Aspiring Member
    Suzanne,
    Beautiful story, and just a great encounter with those ladies and your fav SA.

May I ask, were you sans wig?

Best wishes!

Great story. Wonderful to see someone treat you extremely well

Suzanne, That is a great story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".