Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That lonely feeling...

Dannie,

What was the conversation like? Well, it's, "Hi, I'm Helen" then introductions all round then it's things like, "This is the first time I've ever met fellow crossdressers, have you been coming here long?" It's that sort of thing.

I exchanged my story with theirs. Were they out to family and friends, how long had they dressed, do you go out anywhere else. The conversation was just like minded people politely chatting, discussing a shared experience. Don't forget, you'll be talking to people who will sympathise with your situation.

I would say, don't over think it. You will be nervous, that's natural but as I said above, that nervousness rapidly evaporated. I would advise not to over dress. Demure is better that diamanté. That said there may be some dressed to the nines but in my experience most are dressed to blend.

Just for info. My first experience was at a group far away from home. I'd emailed the group secretary in advance just out of politeness. The group meets in a private room in a hotel which meant I walked across the foyer's marble floor with my kitten heels clicking away. I can remember standing in the doorway of the room and hesitating for a second or so. As I say, 5 minutes later totally relaxed.

That night was a real milestone in my dressing journey. Being able to talk face to face lets you know you're not alone, not weird, just you and that's okay.

Thank you for that. This seems like the next logical step for me and could make me feel less alone with it. Hope I can find somewhere. I’m from the UK by the way. Not sure what the best way to search for social groups specific to cross dressers is over here but I’m sure I’ll figure something out!

Dannie,

Well you could start by giving us a broad indication of where your from. North East, Midlands, that sort of thing. What you may then find is someone can point you in the direction of a group local to you. If you want to go to one away from home, somewhere you visit regularly, then ask for advice and info for there.

You may draw a blank but if you don't try..........
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Similar to the boat I’m in; however, if I think back, most if not all of the things I enjoy, whether this, or hobbies, or etc., have been solo ventures. All I know is, it makes me happy, and I don’t necessarily need companionship or buy-in from others.
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

But wouldn’t you like the encouragement or compliments or constructive criticism as a form of help. Or share your joy for a moment you had as a way of celebration? These are things I wish I had. It’s like doing a high five to air. Imagine a high five in a solo sport like golf and no one saw the shot. It meant nothing to anyone who didn’t see it. Just trying to put it in to a context.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I’m in the south and can get to east/west and Kent from where I am quite easily. Right on the m25 basically.

Dannie,

The logical place for you to look for somewhere to go would be Brighton. There's a sizable Gay community there and if memory serves there's also a Transform makeover store.

I'm fairly certain there's a couple of folks on here who live in your general direction who go out and about.

It might be worth a separate thread simply asking for ideas on where to go in the South East/M25 corridor.

What you sometimes get are memberss posting saying they're going to travel to........... Does anyone know somewhere suitable to go out/meet up.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 06-11-2019 at 04:15 AM.

Sounds good. You’ve been amazing. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    First, let's be honest; your wife doesn't accept, she tolerates.
    Maybe that's the first step towards acceptance. This is a process.
    Enacting life's lessons into positive change...

Positive way of looking at it. I’ll take it...

Just on the phone to my wife 5 minutes ago. We were talking and I said I want our conversations to be more open. I’m clearly avoiding mentioning I’m cross dressed right now whilst away. And she’s not asking. I said we need to stop boxing this off. If we are to progress I have to speak my mind,

Yes I am here dressed up feeling good!
    Why can’t I just say it. I know she doesn’t want to visualise but I don’t have to go in to detail that much but at least ask me if I am or let me say what I’m up to. This would be a starting point to acceptance surely?...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Well your situation isn't the best but it could be much worse so at least you can be thankful sort of.

I’m in that horrible spot aren’t I. Not the worst but not the best. 🤷🏻*♂️

Dannie,

As Tracii says, it could be much worse. You're on a journey. It's easy to think you can get there, foot down, full speed ahead. The problem with that is you can miss so much along the way.

Take it steady, do it right first time, mistakes can be costly.

It has taken me decades to get to where I am. Although I'm happy going out and about confidently enfemme, I'll spend an entire week, 24/7 enfemme, I still remain in the closet to my SO.

So look at the positives in your situation. Don't rush or push things too hard with your SO. It's far better to get to your destination intact than to crash and burn along the way.

How do you remain enfemme all week but still be in the closet? How does that work...